No rooms, campsites or even Bonnet Creek:(

iradi8

Mouseketeer
We have APs that expire in January and were hoping to get a trip in before that. We are able to go Dec. 1-8 and there is nothing available! No rooms in any hotel, campground or even Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy. I am so surprised and very disappointed.

Any suggestions? We have never stayed off property. I looked at some off-property hotels and they are all booked. Will it be that crowded? It's not a holiday.

It looks like we won't be able to go at this point.

Wow - you're right! It looks like a sell out for that time period, at least for on property rooms. You could try playing with your dates a little. Sometimes it's just one day that is causing the problem, and if you cut it short a day at the beginning or end of the trip things open up. You could be running into people who opt to extend their vacation by booking from Thanksgiving through the following week (I used to do that, before my job restricted taking time off over the end of the month).

I expect things to be busier since this is the last year of the Osborne lights.

I would see if you can find anything at the hotels near Disney Springs too.

Good luck!

I should have mentioned that I was able to get Dec. 1, 2 and 6. I have been checking many, many times a day for several days now and nothing more. I am just hoping there is a cancellation in the next day or two or we won't be able to go:( I usually check each day one at a time.

Orbitz has availability 12/1-12/4 and 12/7-12/8 (at Pop, I didn't look beyond the first onsite listing.. If you book those, and the 12/6 you found, you only have to move offsite for one night. There's a Pop Warner convention that's probably causing no availability. You could also book those, and check November 30 and December 1 for last minute cancellations for the 5th. Room-only reservations have a five day cancellation requirement.

What's your budget per night? Will you have a car?

I see a Fairfield Inn & Suites for $149/night (looking on expedia). Holiday Inn Downtown Disney is $181/night (yeah steep for that but hey, it's supposed to be nice after the renovation).

On Marriott's website, I see a Springhill Suites near Sea World for less than $100/night. If you have a car, that's a decent price. Also one in Kissimmee for $125/night.

So if you're willing to stay off site, I'm sure you can find something!

Good luck!

How big is your group? Have you checked the Disney Springs area hotels?

Wyndham Bonnet Creek seems to have availability on Expedia. It's kind of pricey though.

The Caribe Royale is another one to look at if you'll have a car. We've stayed there and it's a pretty nice place. It's very close to WDW and the amenities are great.

Last edited:

Have you looked at the DTD hotels? Mousesavers.com usually has some discount codes for some of them, like The DTD Doubletree, and B Resort. The good thing about this area is its in the DTD area, so you feel like you're in WDW even though technically it's considered offsite. You can walk to DTD. And their bus service is very good for offsite. It's not Disney bus but busses run every 30 min.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will try some of them.

How do I rent points? A villa would be fine, but none show up as available unless there is some other way to do it.

The crowd calendar only shows 6/10 which doesn't sound bad. But, if every hotel room and campsite at Disney is taken and many off site hotels and campgrounds are full, it seems like it would be very crowded. What do y'all think?

I tried for points in early December and everything was sold out so I wouldn't waste your time on that.

What about the Hilton at Bonnet Creek? I just had an email from them with discounted rates for early December. We've stayed there a lot and really like it. It's just across the street from the condos. Charter bus service to parks that run beautifully and on time.

The Swan and Dolphin have an AP discount (with blackout dates though), if you'd be open to staying there.

I think you found a glitch. Check again. I just put in Dec 1-8, for 1 room and there are some

I'm still trying. I tried the Hilton resorts, but they don't have my dates available. It's that Saturday night, especially, that is troublesome. Wyndham Bonnet Creek is booked up - I have heard from Vacation Strategy and Farrell. Swan and Dolphin are also booked:)

It's crazy! I just need 12/3-5 now. I have the other dates at Art of Animation. I also just tried Caribe Royale and looks like they have availability. I've never had this much trouble, and as you can see, we've been to Disney a bunch.

I appreciate everyone's help:)

Several different ones showed up
Here's a screen shot, there are a few more too
Capture_5.jpg

Those rooms are not available. For some strange reason, the system does that. It makes it look like those are open because they come up on the search, but if you notice, you have to click on "check availability" for each of those. When you do, there is nothing available:) If a room is available at a resort, the "check availability" would not be there. Thanks anyway:)

Those rooms are not available. For some strange reason, the system does that. It makes it look like those are open because they come up on the search, but if you notice, you have to click on "check availability" for each of those. When you do, there is nothing available:) If a room is available at a resort, the "check availability" would not be there. Thanks anyway:)
I've seen that before but when I click there are rooms. I didn't try clicking this time, I figured it was like in the past. Normally if there are no rooms it says no rooms. It does on the other resorts even on this search, I just couldn't fit them in the clip

When you click on the actual resort it shows no availability. That is the OP's Problem
That is odd. Never seen it do that in all the searches I've done over the years. What about calling. OP have you called?

So what about breaking it up, I did a quick search and see availability 12/1-12/4 at the pop, Coronado and SSR. Then maybe stay some place a little further for the other nights? Personally I wouldn't want to switch more then once in a week. A bunch of I drive hotels have openings.

AOA is open 12/4 and 12/5..

The issue is getting a long stretch at any hotel since the all probably have one night here and there open.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter