No pre-shows?

Haunted Mansion and ToT without preshows makes me sad :(
The biggest thing I noticed without the pre show in Haunted Mansion was everything seemed much darker as your eyes don't have time to adjust to the dark. Noticed a big difference when we rode it at night, could see much better inside.

In March my fiancé and I did a two park trip (Epcot and AK). It was his first visit, and I had been many times growing up but had not been to AK since before Pandora opened. I didn't notice a major loss without the pre-show element on FoP but then again I never experienced it before. For Dinosaur, I explained to my fiancé what was supposed to happen so he got the gist before we boarded the ride vehicle.

So the lack of pre-show may not be that much of an issue for first timers, but I agree it definitely takes away some of the magic for seasoned park-goers and I can't wait for them to come back!

In March my fiancé and I did a two park trip (Epcot and AK). It was his first visit, and I had been many times growing up but had not been to AK since before Pandora opened. I didn't notice a major loss without the pre-show element on FoP but then again I never experienced it before. For Dinosaur, I explained to my fiancé what was supposed to happen so he got the gist before we boarded the ride vehicle.

So the lack of pre-show may not be that much of an issue for first timers, but I agree it definitely takes away some of the magic for seasoned park-goers and I can't wait for them to come back!
It's a good thing to not have that first pre-show for FoP :p
You do still get the second preshow for that ride though, which is mostly a safety briefing, but does have some explanation of the ride.

It's a good thing to not have that first pre-show for FoP :p
You do still get the second preshow for that ride though, which is mostly a safety briefing, but does have some explanation of the ride.

I came here to say that. FOP preshow is easily the worst part of a really awesome ride. If I never hear that nerd “uhhh”-ing again it’ll be too soon.

No pre shows is the reason I tell people who this will bea once in a lifetime trip to not go right now. For veterans we know what used to be there for a preshow so the rides still make sense but for someone who has never been before not having the preshows will give them a completely different impression of the ride. Think about test track. Without designing your own car and seeing how it does in the different tests on the track the theming just doesn’t make sense. They are showing random cars or no cars at all at the different test points along the way. It turns the ride from a doll immersive experience to just another theme park ride that goes fast. It’s the equivelant of riding small world without any music playing

Any updates about attractions bringing back pre-shows? I heard transportation will be moving back to normal over the next few days. If they can shove us all onto a bus they can shove us all into the stretching room!

I love the pre-shows. Sometimes I also reflect on the fact that it's a way of keeping my mind off the other fact that I am still waiting in line. Either way, it is always a better line to wait in at Disney.

I hope the pre-shows are back by this fall before our next trip.
Don't miss them on some of the rides, but others they are a huge part of the ride and are missed.

When we were there in March, I loved skipping the pre-shows. Most of them, I would never miss including FOP and Dinosaur. I don’t know why I dislike those 2 so much. But if I must watch them, my favorites are TOT and HM. I didn’t even realize that MMRR had one, since it was our first time to ride it. We enjoyed the ride without it nonetheless.

We will be back next week, and I’m definitely curious if they’ll start back up while we’re there. I’ll report back, if nobody else has.

When we were there in March, I loved skipping the pre-shows. Most of them, I would never miss including FOP and Dinosaur. I don’t know why I dislike those 2 so much. But if I must watch them, my favorites are TOT and HM. I didn’t even realize that MMRR had one, since it was our first time to ride it. We enjoyed the ride without it nonetheless.

We will be back next week, and I’m definitely curious if they’ll start back up while we’re there. I’ll report back, if nobody else has.
Thank you! I feel like they should come back soon. They don't need extra staff for them, and social distancing seems to have gone out the window so might as well.

Hopefully when the college program starts back up in June, they will bring back pre-shows.

If indoor masks get dumped like universal and physical distance is going away I don’t see why we can’t bring back pre shows and remove plexiglass
If that happens, then the rest makes sense.
But this assumes people have their vaccines, per the CDC. We can only hope.

If that happens, then the rest makes sense.
But this assumes people have their vaccines, per the CDC. We can only hope.
Yes it assumes people are vaccinated but it’s Florida so it’s pretty much the honor system { currently in my place of work vaccinated guests aren’t required to mask up but we can’t check, employees have to show management their cards to be approved to work maskless on the sales floor}

but again this isn’t a mask thread so back to pre shows 🤞🏻MMRR has it back by my next studios park pass in July (or at least plexiglass removed)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter