no more pj :(

Wow, I just watched the video! I think I better get your autograph now before you get "too famous", and turn into a diva!!!:lmao:

You're such a doll :goodvibes Not really famous but I'm trying. There is a Disney commercial that I was in - that will bring me lots of fame on this board, wouldn't it? But the thing is, if you blink, I'm gone. Here's a link to my website - check out the video.
http://tracywiu.com/flash/disneyCommercial.html

But seriously, don't blink! I'm in the 2nd "scene", sitting on a bench at MK, then transformed into the Crystal Palace. Don't BLINK!!! :happytv:

And, thank you for the compliments on the centerpieces. They're not really centerpieces, but they're place card holder type things. But good enough. Flowers will be with that too.. in square vases - all roses :)

You are SO famous...It's more than I've ever done!! ;) My DH and I see that commerial at least 3 times a day! We always wish we were at WDW...

You are quite welcome for the compliment...loving the idea!

Hey, hijack away!!! Well, as for the magic... you do and you don't. Obviously I didn't since I'm getting married there! But, you do lose a bit of it. It depends on how much you work there. Honestly, for me, when I first started working there, I would spend every waking moment at the parks when I had time off. Nowadays (7 years later) I don't. You forget sometimes how amazing it is because you have access to go there all the time - but then there are moments, like last weekend, when DF and I realized we didn't have a lot of money to spend to go out, but we wanted to have a "date night". So we went to Epcot, had a couple drinks, sat on a park bench and watched Illuminations. That, my friend, is cheap date night. Imagine that? Pretty cool, huh?

So, to answer your question. You don't lose the magic! At least I haven't. I know that for DF and I, and probably most of our friends - you start working for the mouse because you love the mouse and you stay working at the mouse because you still love the mouse. I left the mouse 2 years ago (to get a "real job") but I still work there weekends. I don't do it for the money (although it helps!), I do it because it's fun and I get to be a part of something amazing. Wow, I sound like a cheezy commercial!

Conclusion? COME TO DISNEY! You wont regret it. Promise.

Thank you! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I've been a busy girl! We're really considering it, but that is my biggest concern, as well as FI's. I love kids/people and I love working with that sort of population, so I think it would be loads of fun, and by the time we'd move back I'd have two other degrees under my belt to back me up, so I don't think it would be a problem. Hey... you can't beat a CHEAP date night to Epcot!!! Thanks so much for your help!

Ok I'm gonna hijack a little too and answer this. I also work for Disney. I worried about this same exact thing before I decided to take a job with Disney. Most of my days are spent in a big office building not in the parks so I have that going for me. It's like being at Disney but not really being there. However, I will say that I have lost some of the specialness that I used to feel at Disney. Some of the magic is gone for me b/c now when I'm in the parks, I'm doing work! Like Tracy though, I obviously still love Disney b/c I'm choosing to get married there. And I definitely agree with her that it's so awesome to be able to go to Disney whenever. We love date nights at Epcot! Anyways I dont regret working for Disney but I do know that I dont want to stay here when I have kids simply b/c I want it to be special for them like it was for me when we went on our family trips. Does that make sense? :)

This is another concern of mine... I'm worried that my kids won't see the specialness that Disney holds, if we're in the area. Disney was a huge "get away" for me, and I definitely want them to be able to have that experience. Thanks for your response as well... the more opinions the better! I have a feeling most of the people that work for the mouse, love the mouse just the same... but I don't want to regret it if we move there.

Thanks again! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter