No magic bands - anyone I can contact

Just a thought, but do you think the delay in shipping is to prevent people from shipping the bands off to someone on Etsy to have decorated? It wouldn't surprise me if Disney wanted to prevent this so that guests would be more likely to buy their limited edition bands or the accessories. I don't see any other reason to have changed the shipping from ~30 days to ~20 days. :confused3

I do. It's busier, takes more time.

I do not think Disney gives a rats you-know-what what people do with their bands.

I do not think Disney gives a rats you-know-what what people do with their bands.

I tend to agree with this. I suspect it's because the early December arrivals are right behind the Thanksgiving arrivals. Although it is odd that some of our bands shipped within a few days of customization deadline with two day shipping.

Plus, most people don't go on vacation before their Disney trip so 20 days before they depart is more than enough time to do whatever you please with your bands.

I was going to decorate ours last trip but just decided it wasn't worth bothering with. I still have all the tattoos and stickers. Maybe next time.

Plus, most people don't go on vacation before their Disney trip so 20 days before they depart is more than enough time to do whatever you please with your bands.

I was going to decorate ours last trip but just decided it wasn't worth bothering with. I still have all the tattoos and stickers. Maybe next time.

True. Actually not much of this trip is a true vacation - first part was to work the Koman 3-day to help all the walkers make the 60 miles. Second part was Thanksgiving with family, so vacation-ish (although after about 3 days with extended family, home looks pretty good - no I love 'em we drive each other nuts) and the last part is business, tacked on a week ago. I would have preferred not to do the business trip back to back, but c'est la vie.

True. Actually not much of this trip is a true vacation - first part was to work the Koman 3-day to help all the walkers make the 60 miles. Second part was Thanksgiving with family, so vacation-ish (although after about 3 days with extended family, home looks pretty good - no I love 'em we drive each other nuts) and the last part is business, tacked on a week ago. I would have preferred not to do the business trip back to back, but c'est la vie.

I hope you get to have a wonderful trip at Disney and your bands get all their added bling.

AngiTN, I enjoy your posts. You have a great sense of humor. :goodvibes

And I agree with you about the tracking. Crazy system.

I think they are shipping later because it's less likely that you will cancel your vacation after you've received your bands. I had to cancel a trip last year and I had already gotten our bands. I'm sure they prefer not to ship bands to people who are not going to be paying for them.

I think they are shipping later because it's less likely that you will cancel your vacation after you've received your bands. I had to cancel a trip last year and I had already gotten our bands. I'm sure they prefer not to ship bands to people who are not going to be paying for them.

this year they put new cancellation policies in place so its not as easy to cancel last minute and get most or all of your money back.
i assume they did that to ensure that if they did mail your bands and you cancelled last minute they wouldn't be out money plus they're trying to get more people to buy insurance which more often than not will not be collected on thus making them even more money.

Don't you just love how USPS does their tracking?

Our USPS tracking said our MB were received in Phoenix (where we live), sorted, out for delivery and then... received in Iowa! :confused3 After being 'accepted' in Iowa, they showed as delivered to our mailbox, again in Phoenix, where we actually picked them up today... I guess The Flash now works for USPS :lmao:

this year they put new cancellation policies in place so its not as easy to cancel last minute and get most or all of your money back.
i assume they did that to ensure that if they did mail your bands and you cancelled last minute they wouldn't be out money plus they're trying to get more people to buy insurance which more often than not will not be collected on thus making them even more money.

You can still cancel a room only reservation 5 days before your check in date without a penalty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter