No Hotel Availability Nov-Dec

Try the last week of November still lots of availability. Thats when Im coming. Also try split stays. More choices pop up then.

I was looking for my son for months for a couple of nights the first week of Dec. at the BWI but would of taken any of the EPCOT resorts and like you wasn't finding a single room and I would have been happy with a CL room as well. I was looking two or three times a day and then all of a sudden a whole bunch of rooms showed up at the BWI from standard to CL Deluxe rooms. I even had an option with a really nice room discount from a pin code that I had received in the mail almost two months before! Very quickly booked the room (and came on the DIS boards to let others know). By the next day the rooms were all gone again. Moral of the story keep checking multiple times a day and be ready to pounce on a room when one becomes available!

If I ran into this situation I'd probably either stay offsite, or book a trip farther in advance.

It was more about us deciding if we wanted to go to Disney at all due to how busy it's looking to be. we could stay offsite, but probably wouldn't be worth it to go then.

We usually plan very far in advance but had a cruise planned during this time that went to some islands that have been hit hard by the hurricane. St. Maarten, etc. We wanted to change vacations hence the "last minute". We scored a Royal Room at POR by checking back every hour.

Last edited:

Threads like this are getting me a little nervous for my upcoming trip. My wife and I are going Nov 30 - Dec 9. We absolutely understand that there are no slow times for Disney World but everything we have read and heard said that these weeks are some of the best times to go. We know the Pop warner event takes place during this time but again we always heard that this didn't impact Park crowds too much. Plus free dining doesn't even start until the last couple of days of our trip.

Now all of a sudden from the sound of things it seems like it's going to be ridiculously crowded like it's some holiday week in the summer. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like that...

They have added various events which have helped distribute the crowds more uniformly throughout the year. There are very few slower times left -- Aug. and Sept. because that is hurricane season, also parts of Jan. and Feb. are still slower. The rest of the year seems to be pretty busy.

They have added various events which have helped distribute the crowds more uniformly throughout the year. There are very few slower times left -- Aug. and Sept. because that is hurricane season, also parts of Jan. and Feb. are still slower. The rest of the year seems to be pretty busy.

We definitely do understand that. I guess people's reactions to this is making me feel like it's going to be absolutely insane there. We don't expect Disney World to ever not be crowded. We just try to pick times of year that aren't known for being the busiest.

We definitely do understand that. I guess people's reactions to this is making me feel like it's going to be absolutely insane there. We don't expect Disney World to ever not be crowded. We just try to pick times of year that aren't known for being the busiest.

My thoughts exactly. Just like you, We were not expecting it to be "slow". But at the same time, it is not peak season. And for every single room in all of Disney to be sold out is just downright weird. Ive tried to do mock bookings before the week of thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. and STILL there has been availability in previous years. My expectations are not that it will be slow, the crowd calendars are predicting 4's and 6's the week we are going. But I wasn't expecting it to be a 10. Fast passes for our dates are VERY much available. The only thing I can't get a fast pass for is the Frozen Ride. But dining reservations are very limited. It's just bizarre but I'm thankful we did score a Royal Room! So I guess we'll see what happens! It's just the first time going with our 4 year old instead of just my husband and I. We Will be prepared the best we can for crowds, but I'm definitely nervous.

Last edited:
Did you shorten your dates and check that way? Or make them longer? Disney plays games on their site. I was looking for 2 nights, and it would only come up for 3 nights, 4 nights, 1 night and then another 1 night (booking two separate ressies), but never 2 nights. This seems to happen every single time I'm looking for rooms there.

Did you shorten your dates and check that way? Or make them longer? Disney plays games on their site. I was looking for 2 nights, and it would only come up for 3 nights, 4 nights, 1 night and then another 1 night (booking two separate ressies), but never 2 nights. This seems to happen every single time I'm looking for rooms there.

I did and the results were bizarre. the only hotel i could book was Art of Animation for all 5 nights straight, Nov 6-11. However, I.couldn't book Art of Animation at all for just Nov. 6-7. When looking just for Nov. 6-7, I believe i had 3 hotels to choose from, but Art of Animation was not included.

I couldn't find one hotel that would have a combination booking the entire trip except originaly art of animation. After checking continuously though, a royal room came up at POR but needless to say the whole thing is weird.

Is it also possible that hotels will show up right before people need to cancel in order to keep deposits? I've been checking every day, multiple times for WL to come up on the weekend I'm going, and it never shows up.

I did and the results were bizarre. the only hotel i could book was Art of Animation for all 5 nights straight, Nov 6-11. However, I.couldn't book Art of Animation at all for just Nov. 6-7. When looking just for Nov. 6-7, I believe i had 3 hotels to choose from, but Art of Animation was not included.

I couldn't find one hotel that would have a combination booking the entire trip except originaly art of animation. After checking continuously though, a royal room came up at POR but needless to say the whole thing is weird.

I agree, all so weird!!

My friend had to book two different stays, each for a night, at the same hotel, in the same category (standard). Then she had to spend a half hour on the phone getting them to combine the reservations since it wouldn't let her book two nights.

There has definitely been something weird going on. I booked SSR, through the Mouse, for the second week in December, and I was a little slow to actually book. I let the courtesy hold lapse, and two days later there was NOTHING in SSR. We had to book OKW, which I was not really happy about, and then less than a week later, SSR opened back up. And I was able to switch my rack rate booking to room-only when that became available. I think there's something that ties up blocks of rooms, but what it is, I have no idea.

Refurbs have also played a part. Pop has lots of rooms offline, puts pressure on other values, then some people step up to a moderate. It may be one of several factors discussed here earlier.

It was more about us deciding if we wanted to go to Disney at all due to how busy it's looking to be. we could stay offsite, but probably wouldn't be worth it to go then.

We usually plan very far in advance but had a cruise planned during this time that went to some islands that have been hit hard by the hurricane. St. Maarten, etc. We wanted to change vacations hence the "last minute". We scored a Royal Room at POR by checking back every hour.

Congrats! Lucky you were able to pull out on cruise before final payment date was due. Sad to see how badly St Maarten fared. Wondering how Labadee held up, we'll be there in April. Just booked 2 weeks ago on Oasis, glad i went with a western.

We are fortunate to visit MCO several times a year, usually stay DVC @ WDW. when our points run out, book thru one of the discounters or direct thru CRO if a special works for us.

Wanted to ask if you were pricing rack plus all the specials? I was looking for accommodations for last minute middle of October extension to trip starting a month ago. Finally, got what i wanted last weekend, but had nearly given up. Odd that at times nothing would be showing for rack, but the 20% off or APH rates had rooms, just not the ones I wanted to book lol. Make sure to check all of them for which you qualify.

Honestly, offsite, we absolutely love WBC! Usually, our first choice when we do run out of points, rooms go fast though. We rent thru vacation strategies who has the best cancellation policy & price matches IMO

We also enjoy the Hiltons in DTD/SW area & the Hyatt Grand Cypress, all close enough to drive to WDW.

Congrats! Lucky you were able to pull out on cruise before final payment date was due. Sad to see how badly St Maarten fared. Wondering how Labadee held up, we'll be there in April. Just booked 2 weeks ago on Oasis, glad i went with a western.

We are fortunate to visit MCO several times a year, usually stay DVC @ WDW. when our points run out, book thru one of the discounters or direct thru CRO if a special works for us.

Wanted to ask if you were pricing rack plus all the specials? I was looking for accommodations for last minute middle of October extension to trip starting a month ago. Finally, got what i wanted last weekend, but had nearly given up. Odd that at times nothing would be showing for rack, but the 20% off or APH rates had rooms, just not the ones I wanted to book lol. Make sure to check all of them for which you qualify.

Honestly, offsite, we absolutely love WBC! Usually, our first choice when we do run out of points, rooms go fast though. We rent thru vacation strategies who has the best cancellation policy & price matches IMO

We also enjoy the Hiltons in DTD/SW area & the Hyatt Grand Cypress, all close enough to drive to WDW.

Thank you! :). It is rack rate unfortunately! I choose the rack rate "room package" deal only, then the "room only", then the "Discounted room rate" special, and no results for any :(. I thought of that originally as well, that it was assuming I was choosing the discounted room special rate and there were no discounted rooms left, which is still unusual but understandable... but no rooms at all.

The Hiltons and the Hyatt does look wonderful! Thanks for the suggestions.

I agree, all so weird!!

My friend had to book two different stays, each for a night, at the same hotel, in the same category (standard). Then she had to spend a half hour on the phone getting them to combine the reservations since it wouldn't let her book two nights.

Honestly I think this suggests there is some sort of funny business going on. This along with me being able to book AOA for 5 nights but not 2 of those nights... so it is definitely beneficial to keep checking. And i don't know if anyone else noticed there is very good fast pass availability!

Last edited:
Apparently there are issues with stays over 5 days sometimes. Might be worth trying 2 shorter stays.

We were suppose to check in 9/10 and check out 9/16 ,We had to reschedule our trip because of Hurricane Irma and we had a hard time rescheduling since we only want to stay in the cars suites in the Art Of Animation resort.The earliest we could get was January 14-20 .The agent did search for Pop century as well and nothing was available .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter