No Hotel Availability Nov-Dec

I've also been checking the Disney website daily and have found no availability other than suites or rooms well out of my price range. I was scheduled to go 9/9-9/15 and stay at the Poly, but had to cancel due to Irma. I originally tried to reschedule when I called Disney on 9/7 but after 2+ hours on hold and over an hour talking to CMs I wasn't able to find anything in my price range or available travel dates (early or late October or late or early December). I talked to three separate CMs and they all seemed super overwhelmed, so I ended up cancelling our reservation in the hopes that I would be able to rebook something once all the hubbub died down. But so far no luck. I'm still hoping something might open up as the trip was planned to celebrate my 30th birthday, but it's looking grim.

Also I've gone several times in the past few years during early December/late November and don't remember the rooms ever being quite so booked up. One of the last times I went, maybe 3 years ago, I didn't book until September or October and was still able to get a great room at the Contemporary with a room discount (and ended up getting a free upgrade to a theme park view room), so it can't have been too busy.

I've checked for a room in any hotel in disney for multiple date combinations in the "slower" times of november and December with zero availability in any hotel... I just have a hard time believing this is accurate especially since Ive read in multiple places that attendance was declining.
Attendance is declining in summer and skyrocketing in fall/early winter.

We definitely do understand that. I guess people's reactions to this is making me feel like it's going to be absolutely insane there. We don't expect Disney World to ever not be crowded. We just try to pick times of year that aren't known for being the busiest.
Midsummer (outside of July 4th week) is less crowded than it used to be, fyi. Just moderate crowds now, not heavy crowds.

They have added various events which have helped distribute the crowds more uniformly throughout the year. There are very few slower times left -- Aug. and Sept. because that is hurricane season, also parts of Jan. and Feb. are still slower. The rest of the year seems to be pretty busy.

We were at Disney this year from 8/22 thru 8/31 and it wasn't that slow. In the past years it was a great time to go but has really gotten busy. I think it's because the economy is good. If the economy goes south, then it won't be as crowded as it is.

We went six times in the summer and crowds weren't bad at all. If you can stand the heat it's a great time to go

We have been going in August for 25 plus years. Just spent two weeks there last month. Definitely not as busy as it used to be. We went with just a few fast passes and basically got them on the fly. We got bog dinner resisies while we were there. Was it empty? Of course not, but summer is not how it used to be. Fall is the new summer. Disney certainly does a great job with keeping the parks full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter