No churros on Disneyland property?

I got the waffle churro sundae at GCH Craftsman Bar last night and it had churros in it and I felt like I hit the jackpot! 😁
I'm guessing that they may actually make the churros in the kitchen at that restaurant versus how they come remade from a supplier for the parks.

luckily in CA, there are small businesses that make their versions of dole whip (pineapple fro yo/sorbet). yelp will help you find them. I know in SF, there's a shop that has dole whip (haven't tried) but the best (almost exact tasting ones to DL) I came across is Menchies.
i used to eat tio pepe's churros when i was kid, the other day I contemplated getting a box from smart & final too but it was too many for me to consume so opted not to...what was i thinking?!

About a mile and a half down Harbor is Joe's Italian Ice. They have pineapple dole whip, and they can swirl it with vanilla soft serve ice cream...the BEST.

Our favorite Mexican restaurant in town hasn't been able to get churros, I'm in Washington. The sadness continues. I'm going to see if our S & F has them on Saturday morning. We're doing the big trip reveal to the kids on Sunday and I was hoping to have churros be part of it.

My question is if Disney is just buying their churros, why do the ones at Disneyworld suck so much?
Humidity? :confused3
I've only ever had the WDW ones though. Correction. I had just 1.
Maybe I should give them a try at DL, if they are in stock by August.

They had churros today. Saw several people with them and the churro cart in front of the castle was open.

My question is if Disney is just buying their churros, why do the ones at Disneyworld suck so much?
Haven't had a Disney World churro in years but from my experience, very few people bought them so they just sat in the carts for who knows how long. It tasted stale and cold.

At Disneyland, it's pretty hard to not find a fresh churro because there is almost always line and they never sit for very long.

Churros are GONE at Costco as well. No longer on their food stand signage either l. Was told by employee that supply chain no longer available. Our “churro fix” is Broken :(

Supposedly Costco was "reformulating" their churros and they are now slowly returning to stores. My local Costco just started selling them again recently. I tried one in the hopes that the update was an improvement (I wasn't a huge fan of the Costco ones in the past) and found it very similar to the "old" ones... So they may be returning to your local Costco soon.

luckily in CA, there are small businesses that make their versions of dole whip (pineapple fro yo/sorbet). yelp will help you find them. I know in SF, there's a shop that has dole whip (haven't tried) but the best (almost exact tasting ones to DL) I came across is Menchies.

That's because what Menchies sells IS Dole Whip- exact same thing as the parks-as is the mix you can buy on Amazon. I haven't been able to get the consistency right using the Amazon mix as it's intended for a commercial soft serve machine (the mixing instructions on the package involve a multi gallon bucket!) but we were able to get it pretty close after googling tips on the best ratio of water to mix for a small batch and preparation tips. The flavor is good even with the consistency a little off :)

I am SO RELIEVED that Churrogate appears to have been resolved ahead of our trip next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter