No Buy ~ January 2013 edition

Ugh, this weekend was a disaster. DH is on a tear. Gotta figure out what we spent...

I'm home with a sick kid today, so aside from the few things I picked up this morning on my way to get her from school, OJ, chicken noodle soup, etc., today should be nothing.

Hope Morgan is feeling better soon. We had what Megan had going around the house since Thursday. I swear my kids must lick the doornobs at school.
Today is definitely a no buy day. Spent enough yesterday!

Tomorrow is oldest DS birthday. He will officially be an adult! :cool1: What do you give to an 18 year old boy? Cash? Do I bake him a cake, or is that not cool? My mom will be baking him a cake and making his favorite dinner on Friday night. Does that mean I get out of baking a cake or am I still obligated? He already said he would be mad if I did something stupid and made a big deal out of it. Teenagers!

Baking a cake is not a big deal. Even if we're having a party on a different day, I always bake a cake for the actual day :)

Cash is king. Always the right size and color :yay:

WE always have a cake.. we don't always see DsS21 on his birthday so the next time he is home on break we celebrate his birthday w/ cake and ice cream... PJ was away at college this year for her birthday so the week before was parent weekend and we had cake and ice cream at the hotel...

Cash is always good.. that way they get what they want unless they have asked for something... We send money to DsS21.... that way he can get what he needs at school.. PJ this year asked for an updated IPod so she got that... next year, she'll probably get cash...

and if he gets upset about the cake.. .tell him that it isn't for him.. you are actually celebrating another year of his life and the fact that he is now an adult! :) It's mom and dad's party now!!

Ooh, cake sounds good! I am so proud of my $0 buy today. I went to Christmas Tree Shop & didn't buy a single thing. That is probably the first (& only) time that will ever happen. I do have to get some bread, milk, lunch stuff later, so I won't end up $0. However, it will all be necessities & within budget!

Way to go on the NO BUY day!!!

I'm glad the major stores and malls are miles away!!!
Went to town today and did my errands (dropping off of paperwork) and came straight back home! :woohoo:

So no buy today for me!!

Since I just found this thread yesterday, I'm hoping it's ok to just chime in. I'll start with this week and try to go back to the first of the month later.

January 2013 No Buy

Goal: 15 $0 Days

1/12 $0
1/13 $0
1/14 $0

Total $0
$0 Days 3

Last week was a bad week for spending but for good reason. I had to purchase items not on my usual lists due to my DD's Sweet 16 and my DH's 50th Birthday parties. :bday:

I'll try to catch up soon.

Danielle, I say cake too. We do dinner out and cake on beats. Even if there's a party later.

Weekend was not good. We splurged on dinner out.

Need to get my numbers in.

Dbfs office is being remodeled, so they're getting rid of stuff. Ya for free shelving and a white board for the preschool, but the gas to go.get it! Then a trip to winco for energy drinks... Turned into a cart full....

Today was almost a no buy. Quick run to dollar store for mailing supplies.

The dollar store for mailing supplies.. thanks for the reminder... I need bubble wrap and another roll of tape... dollar tree saves the day on those supplies... I will do that on Friday my shopping day!!!

:welcome: disneykris2001!!!

So DH finally looked at the car....UGH need rear brakes, pads and routers...he checked into prices and it will be around $100 total. At least he can do them and I won't have to pay a mechanic.

He says he will replace them on Saturday or Sunday. I am thinking it will be Saturday as he is going to want to watch the Patriots game.:) It always seems to be something with one of the cars here.

A Brake job for $100 sounds like a good deal.

Groceries went well yesterday- spent under the budgeted amount and the only thing I should need to add to it this week is a new loaf of bread (if they eat sandwiches a lot).

I did however find out we are headed to Orlando for the week next week so it won't be a no buy week- but since I have been doing so well this month I have the money to spend there and we will do our celebration dinner there as long as DH had a good interview on Wednesday.

Rebecca

At least in the next week you will be spending money some where fun, Rebecca..

So true and we don't have much of any debt- really just a car loan with 0% from mom that she doesn't expect us to start paying back until DH goes full time and our mortgage so as long as we don't go overboard- and we will have a full kitchen so I will do cooking so it shouldn't be too bad, we already have our passes and they include parking so our only spending will be for food, gas, and tolls.

Rebecca

Hooray. A no spend, still fun weekend.

Friday night - 3D Hobbit movie using movie rebate, no trash food
Sat. - start painting my home office (fun to see it start to improve), football with a big bowl of popcorn followed by a bubble bath
Sun - church, reception to celebrate an out-of-state wedding
Mon - Chicago Blackhawks had an open practice - professional athletes close up, fun to watch and free

Today didn't turn out so good, but was just not my fault. DH forgot items for work, so guess who gets to drive them 22 miles to him? Yup, the person who said "don't forget" as he left the bedroom. Something about coffee pot needing water & putting his shoes on, so he forgot. Whatever! Danger was his job is near a Big Lots (and it's far, so I don't go often & I'm a little peeved, right?). Found Bazzill scrapbook papers, so I had to buy those, then some heavy cardstock & PEZ Christmas clearanced at 75% off because ds wasn't leaving without those, & Big Lots ends up being $17, lunch at Panera $11 & my no buy day just cost me $28! But.....now that I have paper, I should be able to scrap! (Yeah, because I didn't have paper before. LOL!)

Don't you just hate when they don't listen.. or they listen and forget!!! Drives me crazy.. DS16 did that to me yesterday.. he got lectured when he got home... more of a reminder and then anything else about responsibility!!!

Sometimes retail therapy is just needed...

So far so good, no buy day... but we may not get til Friday...DH was saying he was about out of de-icer for the cars.. darn cold weather!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter