No Buy ~ January 2013 edition

Filled up the gas tank today, if our Governor has his was it will soon cost us 30 cents more per gallon to fill up.:scared1: That will definately mean readjusting my budget for gas.

JJ&JHsmom said:
Filled up the gas tank today, if our Governor has his was it will soon cost us 30 cents more per gallon to fill up.:scared1: That will definately mean readjusting my budget for gas.

Ugh! We're paying for all the MBTA issues aren't we?

I didn't spend a dime today!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ok got my numbers up from last week and started this week. now thats its weds.

1/14-$0
1/15-$10-gas, DBF is supposed to fill up my car today.
1/16- Alberstons $50.83 chicken was on sale and I was out of sweet potatoes.
1/17-
1/18-
1/19-

had to go out today for.... MILK... seriously people work with me here!!!
Then DS16 went to town today w/ some of his friends and they got matching ties for their presentation this weekend... So, 32 dollars is out the door tomorrow.. WTHeck!

had to go out today for.... MILK... seriously people work with me here!!!
Then DS16 went to town today w/ some of his friends and they got matching ties for their presentation this weekend... So, 32 dollars is out the door tomorrow.. WTHeck!

Me too.
Mom went to the store while DS16 and I shoveled the driveway. She got us milk, cheese and bread so I could make lunch. And she made us lasagna for dinner too, I love my mummy, she's awesome!!

spent:
$16.76

okay here's my list for the week so far

1/13 $0
1/14 $0
1/15 groceries $76.42 - t-shirt for megan tap class perf $8.74 - winco $69.14 (items being donated to BLB)
1/16 $16.86 postage for swap
1/17
1/18
1/19

:woohoo: DS16 came out and told me that the tie was actually 20... Evidently the full price was buy one get one 50% off and the mom sent the boy down with an additional 30% of coupon (smart mom)... so, she made the boys split the cost down the middle so no one paid full price for the tie!

Nan, ties are very expensive!

We sat and figured out what we spend on milk for a year, over $600:faint:

I ended up at J's last night and spent $14.32 on Christmas paper packs, all on sale and since I didn't have any left I think I did pretty well. The kiddos just shook their heads and laughed.

Goals for next week: groceries $75 (should need too much I have all the meat we need mainly breakfast foods and fresh vegetables and fruit), 1 day out to celebrate DH- $50 may be less if we use giftcards or go for lunch
1/13- $5- rest of what was needed for dinner
1/14- groceries $60 so a little less than expected
1/15- gas $43, lunch out for DH $8 (traveling for work)
1/16- $15 (lunch for DH on road), $4 for Breakfast Bible Study
1/17
1/18
1/19

Rebecca

I know that either today or tomorrow Dh will be going out to get a few things for us (my organizer for this year's bills, breakfast cereals from whole foods, and some things for church) But I am overall happily please even without a no buy day yet this week.

Rebecca

:woohoo: I just made 10.00 back!!!
They canceled and activity at school for DS16 so he brought me my money back!! :woohoo:

I'll put that in my 52 week saving challenge!!!

1/13 $0
1/14 $0
1/15 groceries $76.42 - t-shirt for megan tap class perf $8.74 - winco $69.14 (items being donated to BLB)
1/17 nails $25.00 - Target $18.43 (used $25.00 GC on my stuff, needed a few extras for household items) $3.64 on latte - saw friend at Target so we got a coffee and chatted!
1/18
1/19

So far doing really well this month. I have to go to grocery store tonight which I am always afraid of as I always go over budget. I WILL stick to my list and not pick up that package of cookies that I don't need. :rotfl:

I will also not go to Target no matter how good the toy clearance is. My kids do not need toys.

I have only spent money on bills, groceries, and gas so far this month. My budget for Gas is $400 and I have spent $139.47. My grocery budget is $600 and I have spent $86.40. I hope to spend less then $150 but it will be tough as we are out of everything.

I did really well at the grocery store. I was hoping to spend less then $150 and I spent $136.36. :cool1: I was so excited I almost did a happy dance. So far this month I have stayed on budget for gas & groceries. I have not bought anything that wasn't a necessity and I have only used up 1 of 5 of our eat out nights and that was my fault I tried a new receipe and didn't have a back up plan so we ordered pizza. The kids were happy about it. We have no plans this weekend so we won't be spending money or wasting gas.

Great job everyone!

1/14-$0
1/15-$10-gas, DBF is supposed to fill up my car today.
1/16- Alberstons $50.83 chicken was on sale and I was out of sweet potatoes.
1/17-$0 (spent business money)
1/18-$0 so far!
1/19-

1/13 $0
1/14 $0
1/17 nails $25.00 - Target $18.43 (used $25.00 GC on my stuff, needed a few extras for household items) $3.64 on latte - saw friend at Target so we got a coffee and chatted!
1/18 $0
1/19

nothing spent today! tomorrow will be a bit spending though...my mom's bday lunch should be around $80 for megan and I plus split my mom's lunch between the brothers and me

I stuck to my budget today!! Shopped off my list and was 25 under at Walmart! :woohoo:
I paid off DsS21's tuition for the year today!!! So we are free of that... Next payment will be a lump sum in august and his college tuition is DONE forever!!!! :woohoo:
I am 1 payment away from paying off a credit card today!!! Next month I can kiss that payment good-bye!!
I also got our vehicle plates/registrations renewed.. now I just need for them to arrive in mail so that I can get DD's mailed to her before they expire.. I already mailed her the receipt to carry in her car.

I'm spending NOTHING tomorrow!!
10.00 on Sunday for soda it's 4/$10.. I have a dollar off coupon... so techincally 9.00 and tax... so round it to 10.. that should last us til next pay check or longer since we are drinking very little soda now!!!

:banana:Congrats Nan! I am so far off from paying off college tuition...but I look at it as an investment so I am really okay with the monthly payment and am putting extra toward it every month.

We have been really good the last 2 weeks and have not eaten out at all! This is a major goal of mine to work toward very limited take-out not only for my budget but for healthier eating also. I am trying to get DH and the the kids involved in helping me make menus that we can stick to, it has helped and they are also volunteering to help with the cooking!

DH and I are planning our first date night. We hope to have dinner and watch a movie. He is thinking "Ted" since he wants to see it and hasn't had a chance to watch it yet, I will agree as long as I get to pick dinner menu.:rotfl:

1/14-$0
1/15-$28 (retail therapy $17, lunch $11), $27 dinner 1a/2c
1/16-$33 Sam's, $30 Sam's gas
1/17-$0
1/18-$6 lunch, $30 Walmart(misc. groc),-$14 Walmart return
1/19-

The best thing is we've only eaten out 1 night!! It has been a loonng time since we've eaten so few meals out. Of course, with it being 14 degrees tonight who wants to go out to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!