• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"nice guys finish last"

yes.
in sports, you can't be "nice". especially if your a guy. you'll get walked all over.

in life?
still yes.
because you can't be super nice and never tell someone when to back off or when to stop something becuase you will get in last.
but if your mean all the time, you don't come in first either.
so i'd say you have to be nice-ish to come in first. nice guys do come in last.

Yes.
Because they are probably the one's that people like.
So in the end,they are winning the race in life because they were liked.

*I know this doesn't apply to EVERY nice guy,but i'm talking about a majority of them.*

Sometimes.
I mean, obviously in sports. And then sometimes there's the cutthroat career fields, where the only way to advance is to take advantage of your oppurtunities (even if it means taking a job someone else was more passionate for, even if it means having a job that isn't quite the nicest one, etc).

As far as friends, relationships and general life outside of work & schoolwork, no they don't finish last.

Sometimes.
I mean, obviously in sports. And then sometimes there's the cutthroat career fields, where the only way to advance is to take advantage of your oppurtunities (even if it means taking a job someone else was more passionate for, even if it means having a job that isn't quite the nicest one, etc).

As far as friends, relationships and general life outside of work & schoolwork, no they don't finish last.

ITA!

It really depends.

Like recently near where I live 5 police officers have been shot in 3 weeks, 3 WEEKS! In that case, yeah, the nice guys finish last. :( :sad2:

it depends completely on the situation. when it comes to girls, thats completely wrong (who wants to date someone whos mean?), but, as everyone else has said, when it comes to sports, you have to be agressive, which doesnt accompany kindness well

Who the heck cares? I'd rather have an awesome guy who maybe wasn't the most coordinated or in shape, rather than a cocky guy who maybe has the looks, but not the brain.

Sometimes.

ITA

I don't agree.
I think you can be aggressive and still be nice.
I think, in many cases, you need to be aggressive to succeed.
But since you can be aggressive AND nice, then I don't think you can't succeed if your nice.

In life there are 2 ways to win:

Love, Frriends, and Family: to achieve this in life it is required to be nice and have strict morals

Money and Power: to achieve in this area u need to be ruthless and not care about anyone. Being nice will be seen as a sign of weakness and u will be trampled

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter