News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic bands sold in the parks - do they ever become available to buy online?

There is a new pale yellow one that I just love and want, but it's just in the parks!

There is a new pale yellow one that I just love and want, but it's just in the parks!

Some do, but not all of them. It may be a while before it does too, so there's just no way to know.

it depends - there are a bunch currently up on Shop Disney, including a number of solid color ones, but I don't see any yellow ones up there. Sort of a crapshoot as to what goes there and when

If there is a very specific one you want you could always look into a personal shopper who could go get it for you and send it to you (for a fee of course)

I saw her video the other night. It’s literally Flight of Passage with broomsticks and a headset. I’m all for it. I guess they’re pivoting away from it being a Fantastic Beasts land
Pretty much mix the movements of Flight of Passage with Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride and Lego Ninjago, and this is what you’d get.
In all likelihood, Lionsgate may beat them to the punch in Orlando at this rate. Assuming that project starts construction as planned in the new couple weeks. Not sure I find this one that exciting.

Pretty much mix the movements of Flight of Passage with Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride and Lego Ninjago, and this is what you’d get.
In all likelihood, Lionsgate may beat them to the punch in Orlando at this rate. Assuming that project starts construction as planned in the new couple weeks. Not sure I find this one that exciting.

The original soarin in concept is not exciting at all, but presentation can make or break these things.

In all likelihood, Lionsgate may beat them to the punch in Orlando at this rate. Assuming that project starts construction as planned in the new couple weeks.

Whatever. Take your time and construct the park you want to deliver to fans. If it doesn’t open until 2025-2026 people aren’t going to lose interest when it opens. And if the Lionsgate Orlando rumors are true, I don’t think it would be a long construction period since they’d likely be taking over the Skyplex area that already has infrastructure

Whatever. Take your time and construct the park you want to deliver to fans. If it doesn’t open until 2025-2026 people aren’t going to lose interest when it opens. And if the Lionsgate Orlando rumors are true, I don’t think it would be a long construction period since they’d likely be taking over the Skyplex area that already has infrastructure
That’s exactly where it is going, for a Q3 2024 opening date. Construction supposedly starting by March. Not really a rumor though, it’s an announced project.

Skyplex Orlando News

Seems it is still moving forward despite Covid. The project is now being named Lionsgate World Resort. Construction is scheduled to start early next year for an opening date in 2024, and it’s still located next to the Orlando Eye. The new plans still include building the worlds tallest rollercoaster at either 580 or 649 feet, internal documents list both heights for the Intamin coaster.

View attachment 530136

http://fondllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/D-LIONSGATE-WORLD-RESORT-ORLANDO.pdf

And I agree, I’d rather wait for Universal to build the park correctly rather than get a rushed one.

Seems an odd time to be touting a VR attraction. The thought of putting on a headset worn by other sweaty guests isn't that appealing -- less so with virus fears out there.

Though .. I am intrigued to try VR with more physical elements involved. I am saddened I never got to try the Void at Disney Springs, never got the opportunity (since we didn't have anyone to watch the kids), but it feels like that (and this HP attraction rumor) type of VR is the next step, especially for theme parks. Probably better than just a ride with screens ...

Seems an odd time to be touting a VR attraction. The thought of putting on a headset worn by other sweaty guests isn't that appealing -- less so with virus fears out there.

Though .. I am intrigued to try VR with more physical elements involved. I am saddened I never got to try the Void at Disney Springs, never got the opportunity (since we didn't have anyone to watch the kids), but it feels like that (and this HP attraction rumor) type of VR is the next step, especially for theme parks. Probably better than just a ride with screens ...

Man, the Void was freaking cool! I did it a few times and it did not disappoint. It's a shame that it closed down. I keep hopeing Disney might step in and run something similar on their own.

The new Mario Kart attraction at Super Nintendo World uses augmented reality though, right? So headsets and stuff there as well

Man, the Void was freaking cool! I did it a few times and it did not disappoint. It's a shame that it closed down. I keep hopeing Disney might step in and run something similar on their own.
Stop rubbing it in :).

I am assuming that The Void (as a company), similar to the "Escape Room" businesses, the pandemic really hit them hard. I don't think any of their locations are currently open. I wonder if the company will survive after a year of closure.

But .. I would think the Star Wars hotel would be a great place to try a Disney run VR experience.

Stop rubbing it in :).

I am assuming that The Void (as a company), similar to the "Escape Room" businesses, the pandemic really hit them hard. I don't think any of their locations are currently open. I wonder if the company will survive after a year of closure.

But .. I would think the Star Wars hotel would be a great place to try a Disney run VR experience.

I can tell you that escape rooms are doing well in Orlando. The latest, The Bureau, is an example.

It also sounds like it’s just for cameo or supporting roles. Not another Captain America movie. I wonder if he’ll be old man Cap.
They’ll keep him around for stuff like that. But I have no doubt with all the multiverse stuff, they’ll bring back a lot of cast for a future Avengers. I see Spider-Man as the first step towards that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter