• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

So if you buy 7-day tickets, can you reserve 7 park days?

Just found it on their website. Man, they really hate their AP holders don't they.

Last edited:

Just found it on their website. Man, they really hate their AP holders don't they.
Also looks like they put out a resort discount for pass holders up to 40% off which is the best it’s been in YEARS. So that’s pretty nice. Also would give them the chance to book more resort stays.

Also looks like they put out a resort discount for pass holders up to 40% off which is the best it’s been in YEARS. So that’s pretty nice. Also would give them the chance to book more resort stays.
I can't currently get the website to actually offer the discount. But 40% off $200/nt at POP? Yay, that gets it in line with pricing last year. Having to book an overpriced resort to use my $1000 AP, while I could use much cheaper multi-day tickets with no resort is ridiculous.

I understand that you can't let APs book unlimited days, but letting regular ticket holders book more days than APs is nothing but pure greed while flipping the bird to their most loyal customers.

Last edited:
I can't currently get the website to actually offer the discount. But 40% off $200/nt at POP? Yay, that gets it in line with pricing last year. Having to book an overpriced resort to use my $1000 AP, while I could use much cheaper multi-day tickets with no resort is ridiculous.

I understand that you can't let APs book unlimited days, but letting require ticket holders book more days than APs is nothing but pure greed while flipping the bird to their most loyal customers.
I’m just saying that it’s nice for some people. It was enough for me to buy an AP when they had 35% off a year and a half ago so the discount is pretty nice. We stay at deluxe if we stay on property though. Otherwise I’d rather just stay at a Quality Inn for 100s (Or 1000s) less.

Also I think the 3 day limit is more about pass holders booking the days just in case vs a planned trip which would cost disney $$$$$ when they don’t show up. Regular ticket holders aren’t likely to do this. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a pass holder and I think it sucks. Especially for a family when only one buys the pass and the rest get regular tickets, like ours. But I see the reasoning.

Also I think the 3 day limit is more about pass holders booking the days just in case vs a planned trip which would cost disney $$$$$ when they don’t show up. Regular ticket holders aren’t likely to do this. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a pass holder and I think it sucks. Especially for a family when only one buys the pass and the rest get regular tickets, like ours. But I see the reasoning.
This likely wouldn't be an issue with Platinum Passes. They could also have a strike system where if you miss a couple of days you can reserve more for a couple months, this is how Six Flags is doing it.

I understand that you can't let APs book unlimited days, but letting regular ticket holders book more days than APs is nothing but pure greed while flipping the bird to their most loyal customers.
maybe the question is naive... But, why shouldn't you be able to book unlimited days? isn't that the purpose of an AP, to go to the parks an unlimited number of days if you wanted?

maybe the question is naive... But, why shouldn't you be able to book unlimited days? isn't that the purpose of an AP, to go to the parks an unlimited number of days if you wanted?
It is the point during normal circumstances, but unfortunately nothing about now is normal. If they let APs book unlimited days, we’d see the AP calendar completely booked through at least December if not even longer. While no one likes the 3 day rule, at least it’s only keeping the booked solid calendar for a month or 2 at a time.

It is the point during normal circumstances, but unfortunately nothing about now is normal. If they let APs book unlimited days, we’d see the AP calendar completely booked through at least December if not even longer. While no one likes the 3 day rule, at least it’s only keeping the booked solid calendar for a month or 2 at a time.
OK. Set the calendar at 3 months out for APs and then let them do as their tickets allow. Seems the 3-day limit is silly and inconsistent with the purpose of an AP.

They need to manage the capacity for the parks so they would cap each day and if AP holders book every day and then don't show up that is capacity space they are taking up but not being used. Ad we saw how quickly the Passholder "bucket" of slots got filled and that is with limiting them to 3 days. If it was 7 or 19 or whatever it would have been even more extreme

Not sure what the best solution is (maybe some system that they keep track of unused reservations, or maybe 3 per month and a few extra per year you can reserve so that you can lock in some dates for an upcioming trip you have later in the year but still have some to use for more upcoming days?) ... they need something though just for capacity tracking

OK. Set the calendar at 3 months out for APs and then let them do as their tickets allow. Seems the 3-day limit is silly and inconsistent with the purpose of an AP.
The problem I am having with a 3-day rule is even though I have tickets .. I can't reserve the same number of park days (without a resort reservation). I have a 5-day ticket . my daughter has AP voucher. So . .unless I book a Disney resort stay, I can't reserve 5 days for us both.

Though, at this point, if I am going to be coming down in 2020, it will be way in November and probably just the wife and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter