News Round Up 2020

Apologies if this was already mentioned--my husband got a survey tonight from Universal Orlando in respects to future things they could do for public health/safety of guests:

They also asked the reverse of the above question:

The questions pertaining to the above two statements were as followed:

Each question had the same set of options to select listed here:

Additional questions followed:

Apologies if this was already mentioned--my husband got a survey tonight from Universal Orlando in respects to future things they could do for public health/safety of guests:

View attachment 488726

They also asked the reverse of the above question:
View attachment 488744

The questions pertaining to the above two statements were as followed:
View attachment 488738
View attachment 488737

Each question had the same set of options to select listed here:
View attachment 488740

Additional questions followed:
View attachment 488742

View attachment 488745
Yep looks like its going around.

Maybe reading too much into it but find it interesting he uses the phrase "people feel safe" and not "people are safe"

(Maybe just a legal thing as no way for people to actually be 100% safe)

I agree. I found his wording odd when I read this. It came across like he almost didnt take this seriously which I'm sure is not the case

NEWS

According to an email sent to Disney World workers, Florida is allowing Disney to file unemployment claims on behalf of its employees in an effort to reduce strain on the state's unemployment system. Claims will be submitted for employees simultaneously.

I am sure that is a relief to CMs, one less thing to deal with

Maybe reading too much into it but find it interesting he uses the phrase "people feel safe" and not "people are safe"

It's probably because there is no way to keep 100% of people from getting sick. It's going to be a lot of safety theater, just making people feel safe. Disney couldn't keep people from catching the flu before, I'm sure whatever precautions they take won't keep everyone from catching COVID when they re-open.

Even if Disney could somehow block CV from the parks, people still wouldn't go until they actually "felt" safe. Look at 9/11, by the afternoon of 9/11 no attack like that would've ever worked again, yet people were scared to fly forever.

I think the virus will likely be opposite terrorism, though, where people are going to feel safe before they actually are.

With the shutdown, there has not been much in the way of Disney Rumors or News [or action on this thread] so let's have some fun and maybe start a few rumors of our own.

In the theme of Aladdin, Genie has granted you three wishes but there are a few provisos, a couple of quid pro quos if you will. Ah, rule number one: He can't kill anybody, so don't ask. Rule two: He can't make anyone fall in love with anyone else. Rule three: He can't bring people back from the dead, but he can bring back rides and attractions. This brings us to the last rule: Each wish MUST improve the guest experience at a Walt Disney World park upon re-opening. Other than that, your wish is his command!

That's it, step right on up and share your three wishes.

This is really tough but here are my three, in no particular order:
  • A return to truly extended park hours at MK [Kiss Goodnight takes pace a 2 am]
  • Two fireworks shows a night at MK, Happily Ever After at 9:30 and Wishes at 11:00
  • At EPCOT, Horizons is restored and updated
I look forward to seeing what each of you wish for!

P.S. - I know I could start this as its own thread but this thread is my disboards family as I spend 95% of my time here. Mods, I hope you allow a little grace for this slightly off-topic discussion. Thanks!

With the shutdown, there has not been much in the way of Disney Rumors or News [or action on this thread] so let's have some fun and maybe start a few rumors of our own.

In the theme of Aladdin, Genie has granted you three wishes but there are a few provisos, a couple of quid pro quos if you will. Ah, rule number one: He can't kill anybody, so don't ask. Rule two: He can't make anyone fall in love with anyone else. Rule three: He can't bring people back from the dead, but he can bring back rides and attractions. This brings us to the last rule: Each wish MUST improve the guest experience at a Walt Disney World park upon re-opening. Other than that, your wish is his command!

That's it, step right on up and share your three wishes.

This is really tough but here are my three, in no particular order:
  • A return to truly extended park hours at MK [Kiss Goodnight takes pace a 2 am]
  • Two fireworks shows a night at MK, Happily Ever After at 9:30 and Wishes at 11:00
  • At EPCOT, Horizons is restored and updated
I look forward to seeing what each of you wish for!

P.S. - I know I could start this as its own thread but this thread is my disboards family as I spend 95% of my time here. Mods, I hope you allow a little grace for this slightly off-topic discussion. Thanks!
There has been news regarding the theme parks as of late even if it has been slower. I can’t allow off topic posts here and then not in other threads. I appreciate it I truly do but I hope you understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter