• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

This is our favourite Epcot festival by far!

We went to it for the first time this past February and really enjoyed it. Seemed a bit more "chill" than other festivals and love just being able to wander through the artist tents and talk to the artists/get things signed/etc

This year we are set to be int he area at a time that should cover Flower and Garden which we have never been to so looking forward to experiencing "a taste" of that

We went to it for the first time this past February and really enjoyed it. Seemed a bit more "chill" than other festivals and love just being able to wander through the artist tents and talk to the artists/get things signed/etc

This year we are set to be int he area at a time that should cover Flower and Garden which we have never been to so looking forward to experiencing "a taste" of that

You'll LOVE IT!! EPCOT never looked so good as during F&G IMO

Really good trailer.

But I had to laugh that they just casually threw out the 'in theaters March 2021'. Lots of assumptions there. Are you even going to allow movie theaters to stay open by giving them new films, Disney? Or gonna push this one back too based on the lackluster box office of a barely advertised original Christopher Nolan film that had no headliner actors to speak of?

I guess it might come out in March if any theaters survive til then.

Really good trailer.

But I had to laugh that they just casually threw out the 'in theaters March 2021'. Lots of assumptions there. Are you even going to allow movie theaters to stay open by giving them new films, Disney? Or gonna push this one back too based on the lackluster box office of a barely advertised original Christopher Nolan film that had no headliner actors to speak of?

I guess it might come out in March if any theaters survive til then.

yeah, I noticed that too (and on the poster that came out yesterday)

Though I am taking it as "as of now planning a theatrical release but of course plans can change"

I saw (on this site) that All-Stars is opening for reservations starting in February! Another good sign of things moving towards "normal". Not knowing how close to their "max" capacity they have been, wouldn't the addition of all these resorts mean they have to increase capacity (assuming they fill up the rooms). They have two resorts reopening soon (AoA and CSR) .. and 3 more in early February? That's a lot of people even if the resorts are half full.

Really though .. before they increase capacity, I hope they figure out how to tone down the social distancing in queues/ride vehicles to put through more guests or lines will just be way too long despite the lower crowds. I've seen news of plastic shields going up in some ride vehicles (like Tower of Terror) that hopefully would increase throughput. While not a fan of the aesthetics .. I'd prefer a near full vehicle than a near empty one just to get people through the line (and besides .. the "group" dynamic makes attractions more fun)

I saw (on this site) that All-Stars is opening for reservations starting in February! Another good sign of things moving towards "normal". Not knowing how close to their "max" capacity they have been, wouldn't the addition of all these resorts mean they have to increase capacity (assuming they fill up the rooms). They have two resorts reopening soon (AoA and CSR) .. and 3 more in early February? That's a lot of people even if the resorts are half full.

Really though .. before they increase capacity, I hope they figure out how to tone down the social distancing in queues/ride vehicles to put through more guests or lines will just be way too long despite the lower crowds. I've seen news of plastic shields going up in some ride vehicles (like Tower of Terror) that hopefully would increase throughput. While not a fan of the aesthetics .. I'd prefer a near full vehicle than a near empty one just to get people through the line (and besides .. the "group" dynamic makes attractions more fun)
It’s being assumed that yes capacity will be increased by that time.

Only All-Star Movies is now scheduled to reopen in February, not Sports or Music. That's one more, not three, in February.

Only All-Star Movies is now scheduled to reopen in February, not Sports or Music. That's one more, not three, in February.
Correct, only movies is opening, and it’s still a long ways out. But it’s nice to see something added to the calendar for sure.

Ahh .. makes sense .. I guess opening all three would be ambitious considering the current demand/capacity.

I assume that allows them to easily refurbish ALL of Sports/Music like they have with Movies (if they plan on finishing that)? My last stay in Music was 8/2019 and it was still the old style rooms.

Ahh .. makes sense .. I guess opening all three would be ambitious considering the current demand/capacity.

I assume that allows them to easily refurbish ALL of Sports/Music like they have with Movies (if they plan on finishing that)? My last stay in Music was 8/2019 and it was still the old style rooms.
Music was at least halfway in on the refurb when the pandemic started. 3 building were completely done and 2 were at least 1 month in progress, the average time in each building was ranging from 54-76 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter