News Round Up 2020

When AK and Epcot close 2 days a week, or WDW reopens with only the MK resorts open, then I’ll believe the rumors that Tron won’t be ready for the 50th. Until then, these rumors are no more valid than any others. It was also rumored that Ratatouille hadn’t been worked on inside the ride building since March, and now there’s rumors that they’re actually testing the ride. Everyone loves a good rumor, especially when browsing the rumor portion of this site, but I think too many rumors are taken as gospel and talked as if they’re iron clad.

When AK and Epcot close 2 days a week, or WDW reopens with only the MK resorts open, then I’ll believe the rumors that Tron won’t be ready for the 50th. Until then, these rumors are no more valid than any others. It was also rumored that Ratatouille hadn’t been worked on inside the ride building since March, and now there’s rumors that they’re actually testing the ride. Everyone loves a good rumor, especially when browsing the rumor portion of this site, but I think too many rumors are taken as gospel and talked as if they’re iron clad.
These rumors are bit stronger than those. I never put faith in WDW Pro for obvious reasons. You have several different sources taking here which gives it some substance. You are on the rumors board after all.

These rumors are bit stronger than those. I never put faith in WDW Pro for obvious reasons. You have several different sources taking here which gives it some substance. You are on the rumors board after all.

We’re also talking 346 days. Obviously Disney and Universal are not only 2 different company’s, and one likes to work on projects at about twice the speed as the other, but Tron is about the same level of completion as Velocicoaster, and that’s set for a summer opening. Budgets come into play. But 364 days away from the anniversary, you truly believe, no matter how much substance these sources hold that Disney is going to allow Universal to overshadow their 50th anniversary with their coaster vs ratatouille, a ride that’s not even in the park that’s actually turning 50? I don’t think so.

We’re also talking 346 days. Obviously Disney and Universal are not only 2 different company’s, and one likes to work on projects at about twice the speed as the other, but Tron is about the same level of completion as Velocicoaster, and that’s set for a summer opening. Budgets come into play. But 364 days away from the anniversary, you truly believe, no matter how much substance these sources hold that Disney is going to allow Universal to overshadow their 50th anniversary with their coaster vs ratatouille, a ride that’s not even in the park that’s actually turning 50? I don’t think so.
That's why I remain skeptical. I have no doubt a delay is in play but Dec 2020-Oct. 2021 is extreme.

So basically no DL until after a vaccine is available, widely used, and effective. So unfortunate. With these restrictions there’s a chance DL may not even be allowed to open in 2021. I can’t wait to see Disney’s response to this.
Yeah there is no way they open in 2020 now. Disney is going to have to go the Knotts route if they want cash flow on the west coast.

It does, that's why it's been recommended a lot to order as early as you can for the time you plan to eat. If you wait until you're ready to eat, often times the current time slot as well as the next 1 or 2 may already be filled and you have to wait over an hour for your time slot.
I guess I forgot it did, been a year since I've used it. Thanks for the correction.

This sounds a lot like the old paper FP system, where you had to go to the ride to get a pass and sometimes wait on a small line for the machines to free up. We really miss that version of FP, maybe Covid will help bring something like it back.
It'd be different in that when you come back you enter the back of the queue, you don't skip it.

So basically no DL until after a vaccine is available, widely used, and effective. So unfortunate. With these restrictions there’s a chance DL may not even be allowed to open in 2021. I can’t wait to see Disney’s response to this.
So weird that California feels they are so special compared to all the other states and countries that have theme parks open safely with restrictions.
So sad for the CMs and the Disney company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter