• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

I didn't see this posted - but they updated MK hours throughout February. Surprise, Surprise - MK isn't closing at 8 PM during one of the busiest weeks of the winter season. (President's Week / Princess half / Mardi Gras.) Still closing at 9 PM a lot so they can charge extra for 9-12 PM entry that used to be for free. Can't wait until the day when the park closes every night at 8 PM so that they can charge twice a day for entry into the park - and people keep spouting off how great it is to pay $100 extra per person just to have 3 hours of park time with lower crowds.

No I'm not bitter.

I didn't see this posted - but they updated MK hours throughout February. Surprise, Surprise - MK isn't closing at 8 PM during one of the busiest weeks of the winter season. (President's Week / Princess half / Mardi Gras.) Still closing at 9 PM a lot so they can charge extra for 9-12 PM entry that used to be for free. Can't wait until the day when the park closes every night at 8 PM so that they can charge twice a day for entry into the park - and people keep spouting off how great it is to pay $100 extra per person just to have 3 hours of park time with lower crowds.

No I'm not bitter.

I’ll sit with you on the bitter bench. “Oh if you don’t like them just don’t go, it doesn’t effect you!” Yeah, okay. I must have just imagined all the regular midnight closes of the past.

I’ll sit with you on the bitter bench. “Oh if you don’t like them just don’t go, it doesn’t effect you!” Yeah, okay. I must have just imagined all the regular midnight closes of the past.

Or the "Well AK is open past 5 now so you should thank WDW" retort.....

Or the "It's a business, they are just giving people what they want"....

No one wants shorter hours for more money, and then the opportunity to buy back those hours for even more money.....

No, I'm not bitter either, lol

Exactly. If the nights they weren't doing these events the parks were still open to midnight, then sure it's fine, but they aren't. They took away hours that are tickets used to buy it and now charge us extra for it. For this reason alone I refuse to go to the extra events. I wish more people would - but unfortunately they seem super-popular, so it does little good to protest. I'll still keep my money, sorry Disney.

Exactly. If the nights they weren't doing these events the parks were still open to midnight, then sure it's fine, but they aren't. They took away hours that are tickets used to buy it and now charge us extra for it. For this reason alone I refuse to go to the extra events. I wish more people would - but unfortunately they seem super-popular, so it does little good to protest. I'll still keep my money, sorry Disney.
As bitter as it sounds, I agree with you. Disney (at least in MK) is well on its way to essentially having two entrance times every day. I mean they already sorta tested that with the "Midday" ticket.

I am surprised they haven't pushed out more of the Early Morning Magic (like have one in EVERY park), I guess parks not named Magic Kingdom just aren't popular enough for that, but once all the new attractions hit and are in full swing, I could see that happening for the 50th.

I mean .. if people are paying for early access to 7DMT and some Fantasyland stuff, who wouldn't do it for the early SWGE access, or access to the new Ratatouille ride or early morning Pandora access?

It does feel pointless to complain and "protest" with dozens of other people lining up and paying.

I'm waiting for them to basically have a party year round like festivals. So when they have soft bookings like this year, they will offer 1 free party night with 5+ days of hopper purchase instead of doing free dining.

As bitter as it sounds, I agree with you. Disney (at least in MK) is well on its way to essentially having two entrance times every day. I mean they already sorta tested that with the "Midday" ticket.

I am surprised they haven't pushed out more of the Early Morning Magic (like have one in EVERY park), I guess parks not named Magic Kingdom just aren't popular enough for that, but once all the new attractions hit and are in full swing, I could see that happening for the 50th.

I mean .. if people are paying for early access to 7DMT and some Fantasyland stuff, who wouldn't do it for the early SWGE access, or access to the new Ratatouille ride or early morning Pandora access?

It does feel pointless to complain and "protest" with dozens of other people lining up and paying.
I don't think the 50th is going to be as busy as many people think it will. I think there is a good chance a combination of things will lead to it being much like the opening of SWGE at Disneyland.

Aww .. I was hoping they would just move them up to June for my next trip. LOL.

Thank goodness for the Halloween party though .. if it wasn't for them, Disney would start Christmas parties in like September!

I can at least understand people going to Christmas Parties in November, but Halloween in August IN FLORIDA makes absolutely no sense to me. Who wants to spend $130 bucks a pop to celebrate Halloween 75 days before Halloween? Apparently a ton of people, but I wish they'd stop.

I am surprised they haven't pushed out more of the Early Morning Magic (like have one in EVERY park)
They used to do one at DHS, but they stopped when SWGE opened.

the problem is that The super headliners at DHS (MFSR) and AK (FOP) take 30+ minutes in ideal conditions, so you might get 2 rides in? It’s harder to create the value. And at Epcot the attractions are super far away from each other and the 20 year old headliner (TT) still breaks down all the time; if it broke down during EMM would they refund your money?

I could see it returning to Toy Story Land, perhaps with MMRR added in, but would be shocked to see it anywhere else in the near future.

I haven't seen " I Lost My Body", but I think the other movies nominated were probably more deserving.
I certainly felt that How to Train Your Dragon 3 and Toy Story 4 we’re far better movies than Frozen 2, which was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter