News Round Up 2020

This got my cruise. We had already mentally cancelled, but I told my wife that this exact thing would likely happen, so we waited to cancel.

We both got an email and text message from them asking us to reply acknowledging we had received it. I assume they are going to start calling people they don't hear back from.

Trying to decide on the 125% FCC or cash. I know they really need the cash, but I have to trust they'll still be a company by the time I want to cruise again if I take the FCC. I like that they will let you change your mind until the end of 2021. Very fair offer and they are obviously hoping everyone defers the refund.

This got my cruise. We had already mentally cancelled, but I told my wife that this exact thing would likely happen, so we waited to cancel.

We both got an email and text message from them asking us to reply acknowledging we had received it. I assume they are going to start calling people they don't hear back from.

Trying to decide on the 125% FCC or cash. I know they really need the cash, but I have to trust they'll still be a company by the time I want to cruise again if I take the FCC. I like that they will let you change your mind until the end of 2021. Very fair offer and they are obviously hoping everyone defers the refund.
Smart business strategy from them.

News

Legoland California now officially closing for the month

https://www.legoland.com/california/landing-pages/covid-19/
American Dream in NJ also closing.

I believe that leaves Mall of America’s Nickelodeon Universe, Wild Adventures, and Fun Spot as the last operational parks in the country.
How about Landry's locations, like the Pleasure Peir? And other small time parks like Mission Beach or the place in FLL with the funny woodie? Or the Circus Circus park?

Every studio should follow suit and start releasing movies early for on demand/rental knowing the collective world is trapped at home.

They are losing money anyways.

And if Disney releases the latest Star Wars early....!!!
Its being released on digital this weekend I believe (or at least soon).

It will be interesting to see how ESPN handles not having any sports to broadcast or talk about. Just checked they currently have SportsCenter on for the next 14hrs. Get ready for some Tom Brady talk lol.
I was talking to my wife about this. I think E-sports will get a lot of attention. There are also a lot of sports you can show replies of that people will watch and not know the outcome like boxing, UFC, CrossFit, cricket, South American soccer, etc.

ESPN made poker popular after the NBA went on strike, I'm sure they can do it again.

It may also be possible for some sports like tennis to pick a city, like Miami, have everyone come and stay, then just play the weekly tournaments in the same place with no fans. Golf could do the same in a city like Phoenix. Even baseball. If they stayed near their spring training areas, you could redo the schedule so the teams could stay in one spot for weeks at a time, again no fans so you could it anywhere.

Unless you buy their low-priced stock RCL which is down from over 100 to 30-something.
Again, I'd really have to believe they aren't headed to chapter 11. They don't have a great balance sheet if this pause lasts for long. Having no revenue would be extremely hard for any business. I actually had an order at $70 that I cancelled literally minutes before they fell through it.

I expect to start seeing a lot of good deals on prepaid travel in the near future, anything to get cash rolling in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter