News Round Up 2020

I think the people that expect Disney to take on all kind of construction and maintenance projects during the shut down are crazy. Stuff is going to get delayed or canceled and not sped up.
I understand the thinking and in some ways I agree, but they can get a lot more done at a lot less cost if they can do it during the daytime with no construction walls or flood lights and no need to spend time each day setting up and later putting everything away before the guests come. If they just keep going on the projects that they've started, they will complete them faster, cheaper.

A good analogy is that well run companies like P&G know that the best time to advertise is in a recession, because everyone cuts marketing, which drives down ad rates, so you can get a lot more bang for your buck. So they lean in and spend more when they are making the least money, and it pays off huge when the economy turns.

We were going to have a DIS meet for Mulan but that is obviously out of the equation--good thing we didn't purchase tickets and have to deal with that. We were going to see F9 Memorial Day weekend and that's out til next April. Black Widow--have we heard on that yet? Did I miss news on that one? would be the next movie we would be even interested in seeing in theaters and that's May 1st. Wonder if this will be in effect then.

I suppose they also hope that groups opt to get reserved seats away from another group that has bought tickets. You can cut theater capacity and still have a lot of folks right near each other--I find the middle of the row and the upper section of seats (as opposed to bottom level near the screen) to be the ones that people most often book.

It a hard spot to be in for so many industries at this point.

We were going to have a DIS meet for Mulan but that is obviously out of the equation--good thing we didn't purchase tickets and have to deal with that. We were going to see F9 Memorial Day weekend and that's out til next April. Black Widow--have we heard on that yet? Did I miss news on that one? would be the next movie we would be even interested in seeing in theaters and that's May 1st. Wonder if this will be in effect then.

I suppose they also hope that groups opt to get reserved seats away from another group that has bought tickets. You can cut theater capacity and still have a lot of folks right near each other--I find the middle of the row and the upper section of seats (as opposed to bottom level near the screen) to be the ones that people most often book.

Can you see what seats are taken? Because if people are purposely choosing seats near other people, it's kind of on them at this point, no?

Disney has not announced anything on black widow yet. Anything currently in production though is halted.

Can you see what seats are taken? Because if people are purposely choosing seats near other people, it's kind of on them at this point, no?
Sure you can see the seats.

But what I was saying is reducing theater capacity in the name of social distancing will only do so much. I'm not saying they shouldn't do what they are just that people still have the opportunity to sit closer than 6 feet to other groups of people. Wasn't meaning AMC has control over people.

The one thing I can think of is looking at buying tickets depending on your group size you may not have a choice of essentially making an empty seat barrier around you. This would happen both if purchased online or if you showed up at the theater to get tickets. You obviously could make the choice to not go to that movie or movie time if you were quite concerned with having enough distance between you and other people. The other thing is you may have purchased your tickets but someone else purchased near you. You can't control those other people either (you may be able to move once it's clear no one else has purchased the seats near you I could see that).

AMC and others are just trying to limit how many people are within any given theater at one point but the actual effect of social distancing is not one they have much control over.

I think the people that expect Disney to take on all kind of construction and maintenance projects during the shut down are crazy.

My post concerning Epcot was solely about the massive restructuring of the park that they already have started. To me, that is where they can make up massive amounts of time with no visitors.

My post concerning Epcot was solely about the massive restructuring of the park that they already have started. To me, that is where they can make up massive amounts of time with no visitors.

Maybe some of the WDW CM's can help out and get double pay?
It seems to me that most if not all of the activity currently going would require construction skills - that few regular WDW CMs would be likely to possess. And unions would possibly be involved as well. So not as simple as saying "Well, we don't need you to run this ride, here's a paint brush."

It seems to me that most if not all of the activity currently going would require construction skills - that few regular WDW CMs would be likely to possess. And unions would possibly be involved as well. So not as simple as saying "Well, we don't need you to run this ride, here's a paint brush."

Yea was kinda kidding (although many would probably be excellent at certain trades), but am wondering how many will get a 2nd job (if any available) and double dip.

I know I would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter