News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm glad Sony and Disney worked this out. I'd be surprised if his role in the MCU isn't limited by this picture going forward. I know they have more rights, but it seems like this was a good warning shot from Sony. Yes it behooves both companies to do one more to follow up and close up the strings that were left in Far From Home, but Disney has plenty of characters they own to use going forward. I expect Spiderman will be pulled back from the MCU due to being too busy being a Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman for a while so Sony can make a mess of whatever they are planning with Venom and Spidey's traditional nemeses (yes I had to look up the plural)...

"Cool story, bro" moment incoming:

This isn't news, but I just wanted to post something positive and give a thanks to rteetz. On our trip this summer the one souvenir I bought was a mug (at full price--very uncharacteristic of me).

I first spotted it in a post here from Ryan some months back, and I was determined to check it out. I found it in the Splash gift shop and bought it on our last night. It has turned into probably my favorite souvenir I've ever bought as an adult. I have an irrational affinity for this thing.

Pardon the interruption and thanks for your indulgence.

Last edited:
I'm glad Sony and Disney worked this out. I'd be surprised if his role in the MCU isn't limited by this picture going forward. I know they have more rights, but it seems like this was a good warning shot from Sony. Yes it behooves both companies to do one more to follow up and close up the strings that were left in Far From Home, but Disney has plenty of characters they own to use going forward. I expect Spiderman will be pulled back from the MCU due to being too busy being a Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman for a while so Sony can make a mess of whatever they are planning with Venom and Spidey's traditional nemeses (yes I had to look up the plural)...

Yep, the 3rd Spidey film was already planned and pitched to the creative teams. But the unnamed future MCU film should be an easy way for Disney to remove Spidey in a planned fashion if they need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter