News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and they have said they are looking to give people the bundle option for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.

I think it would be perfect for Disney to take their more adult content (that htye have from Touchstone and from the FOX merger and have that on Hulu (and maybe make new series, etc.) and keep it separate but then offer that bundle for people who want it all, but for those that just want "Disney" to be able to just get Disney+

Saw Endgame - don’t want to say anything at all about it yet, as most everyone else hasn’t had the chance and I believe in a pure viewing experience!

However, I did want to post about theater etiquette. We were heavily distracted by a couple things:
1) Someone was filming the first several minutes. Their phone was bright and a major distraction. No one appeared to have said anything at the time. I noted who they were and after the movie, upon exiting to the parking lot, I caught up and tried to, as politely as possible, remind them that not only is it incredibly rude and distracting, but also illegal and just plain wrong. They denied being the person (I’m positive it was them). Not really sure I handled it appropriately and just wondered if anyone else had suggestions?
2) HOW do people still not put their phones/watches on silent for these movies?!? HOW?!
3) The man next to my husband was obviously suffering from major congestion and his excessive sniffles were constant throughout the entire movie, audible even during louder scenes.

Add the general wrapper-crinkling, drink-slurping, ice-shaking noises in and it was one of my most miserable movie-going experiences ever... a real shame given the magnitude of the movie. If anyone has small theater options (like an iPic), I might suggest trying to see it that way. It’ll cost more but the runtime and better chance of a quality viewing experience might make it worth it.

@PaintsWithAllTheColors - I am really, truly sorry you had such a terrible movie-going experience. :worried:

As for the person filming - you were very daring to confront that person in the parking lot. If it were me, I would likely have done one of two things. I would have said something to the person in the theater - loudly. (I am sure you were not the only movie-goer who was highly annoyed.) Or, I would have gotten a theater manager. But probably, I would have done Option 1. I am not a confrontational person, but knowing that I would have most likely had “the crowd” on my side would have emboldened me.

Saw Endgame - don’t want to say anything at all about it yet, as most everyone else hasn’t had the chance and I believe in a pure viewing experience!

However, I did want to post about theater etiquette. We were heavily distracted by a couple things:

If you have one near you, I suggest an Alamo Theater. They're made for people who love movies, and only once out of the several dozen films I've seen there has there been an experience like this. They will remove people who are being problematic, without fail.

I haven't seen a film in a regular theater since I had two Mexican gang bangers drinking, popping pills, peeing in the corner beside the screen and taking drug orders over the phone near Detroit.

Buy everything...short book...

1) Someone was filming the first several minutes. Their phone was bright and a major distraction. No one appeared to have said anything at the time. I noted who they were and after the movie, upon exiting to the parking lot, I caught up and tried to, as politely as possible, remind them that not only is it incredibly rude and distracting, but also illegal and just plain wrong. They denied being the person (I’m positive it was them). Not really sure I handled it appropriately and just wondered if anyone else had suggestions?
2) HOW do people still not put their phones/watches on silent for these movies?!? HOW?!
3) The man next to my husband was obviously suffering from major congestion and his excessive sniffles were constant throughout the entire movie, audible even during louder scenes.

Add the general wrapper-crinkling, drink-slurping, ice-shaking noises in and it was one of my most miserable movie-going experiences ever... a real shame given the magnitude of the movie. If anyone has small theater options (like an iPic), I might suggest trying to see it that way. It’ll cost more but the runtime and better chance of a quality viewing experience might make it worth it.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I've said this before and I'll say it again...it's time for the theaters to die.

How much money a year does one spend at the theater? Tickets, snacks, soda, etc? One can buy a 65" TV for $600 and a Home Theater Sound Base for $250. Give me an option to pay $50 to stream the movie right to my house. Can have more people over to split the cost. Let me enjoy the movie in my home, in the dark, with no one talking, and no one crinkling things in my ear and coughing in my face.

EDIT: I originally had "Sound Bar" but I changed it to "Sound Base" since what I looked up is considered a Sound Base.

Last edited:

This is precisely why I stopped going to most theaters. I’ll only go to the theater that costs $30 per ticket now because I’ve found that behavior to be mostly nonexistent there, plus all seating is paired into groups of 2 so even numbered groups don’t really have anybody sitting too close to them. And since it’s a theater with a waitstaff, the employees actually handle most of the issues without having to say anything. Unfortunately though, it also means I’ll just see fewer films in the theater. So I’d suggest trying a dine in theater with an active staff.

Just booked ADR for lunch at BOG and there is message on confirmation that says Disney 2019 Quick Service Dining Plan Refillable Mug-QSR Plan Not Accepted
Anyone know what this means...we are planning to us counter service credits for this meal...upload_2019-4-26_9-4-5.jpeg

I won't go for at least 2 weeks. Refuse to sit in a jammed theater. I read Spielberg's rationale for why he believes Netflix films shouldn't be Oscar eligible because people need to experience films together. I disagree. Wholeheartedly. Theaters are cesspools of germs and inconsiderate people monitored and cleaned by minimum wage high school students. I will occasionally go to an assigned seat theater where I can get bad food and watered down drinks just for the novelty, but mostly I just wait a few weeks, choose a random matinee, and enjoy date day with my wife and almost no one sneezing, coughing, using their phone, keeping a baby out way too late, or whatever else people think is appropriate these days in a communal setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter