News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is interesting if Iger was to make zero dollars and Disney split his $65 million up between 201,000 Disney employees. It would be an extra $324 yearly not including withholdings. Broken down into weekly it would an $6.23 a week per paycheck not including withholdings. People don't take the time to do math. Its a non story..... It's a political issue that is meant to drive a wedge in between folks.

Plus that would assume all of what Iger got was in cash, which isn't the case and also he already lost some of his bonus for the Fox acquisition not closing as early and they wanted

I realize you posted this because it is Disney related and that you find it interesting because with the Disney family, there is a company that was founded by a family member, whose name is forever attached to the brand, and yet, the family members have absolutely no say in the company and how it is run (which is somewhat interesting). However...

I don’t necessarily understand why CEOs in major corporations get so much flack about their salaries when actors, actresses, professional athletes, etc. are rarely, if ever, put on the hot seat about how much money they earn. CEOs have the enormous pressure and responsibility of making decisions that impact people’s employment and livelihoods, stockholder’s investments (including mutual funds held by a 401(k)), and potentially the health of the economy. Their skills and talents are as unique as an elite athlete’s and arguably benefit society even more. I don’t know many people who would be willing to have that kind of pressure on their lives or work the hours that they do. So, is Iger’s bonus outrageous for completing one of the biggest media mergers of our time? No more so than someone who gets paid $300M to play baseball, IMO.
I agree. It's all about markets. I think the sports and entertainment markets are crazy, but they are literally driven by fanatics, so of course they're crazy! Even though I think it's ridiculous for someone to get paid millions of dollars to play a game, I certainly understand why. The games (and movies and TV shows) bring in LOTS of money from the fanatics, so the players get paid, as do the owners, coaches, etc. It's no different with CEOs. If someone has a reputation as a good CEO, he or she will get paid, and they will be expected to bring in money. You can love him or hate him, and you can certainly disagree that it has been his efforts that make the difference, but Iger has definitely brought the money to Disney.

Last edited:
Disney Theatrical first Broadway-stage production, Beauty and the Beast, will be getting a Broadway Revival!

I just hope they go all-out with the Broadway casting. I saw it near the end of it's run when they decided to just throw Disney Channel stars into the roll of Belle. Christy Carlson Romano (aka Ren Stevens of Even Stevens) was awful as Belle. The touring company was better than the one on Broadway. I felt they should've used this awesome content for the live action movie instead of making new stuff. I mean, "Home" - hire someone that could've sung that song without auto tune and the awards would've fallen in their laps. I love Hermione, but she'll never be Belle.

Hmm if they do end up fully owning Hulu the question is what does that change in the Disney + plans, will they keep running them as different companies and organizations, or will they merge under a umbrella both subscription wise and management wise?

Hmm if they do end up fully owning Hulu the question is what does that change in the Disney + plans, will they keep running them as different companies and organizations, or will they merge under a umbrella both subscription wise and management wise?
I think they will stay two separate services since Hulu has adult content and they don’t seem to be looking to diverge from that since Disney already moved one Disney + show from there to Hulu to not have to cut back on the content.

I think they will stay two separate services since Hulu has adult content and they don’t seem to be looking to diverge from that since Disney already moved one Disney + show from there to Hulu to not have to cut back on the content.
Yep, and they have said they are looking to give people the bundle option for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.

Im more interested in the Management wise, if you have two streaming services owned by Disney and a idea to pitch to them, if they keep both running separately it would mean you would technically if you were a script writer if both services wanted to buy the rights to your idea, you could leverage one side of Disney against another. I am sure Disney will want to try and bundle the content from a price point aka more revenue streams, I am just more interested in the back end management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter