News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
There is a new room only discount that popped up this morning - Fall and holiday discounts, up to 20% off room only rates.

Save up to 20% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels in late 2019.
  • Book through September 29, 2019 for stays most nights September 1 through September 28, 2019; and for stays most Sunday through Thursday nights September 29 through November 7, 2019.
  • Book through December 24, 2019 for stays most nights November 10, 2019 through December 24, 2019.

Looks like basically same dates. So shocked about December being included

B
There is a new room only discount that popped up this morning - Fall and holiday discounts, up to 20% off room only rates.

Save up to 20% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels in late 2019.
  • Book through September 29, 2019 for stays most nights September 1 through September 28, 2019; and for stays most Sunday through Thursday nights September 29 through November 7, 2019.
  • Book through December 24, 2019 for stays most nights November 10, 2019 through December 24, 2019.
Pretty bummed that October weekends are excluded, and also shocked that December is NOT excluded. They can’t seriously think that October will be more crowded than post ROTR and Christmas??!

Pretty bummed that October weekends are excluded, and also shocked that December is NOT excluded. They can’t seriously think that October will be more crowded than post ROTR and Christmas??!

I get that October now seems to be one of their busy times with Food and Wine and Halloween, etc - but agree with you, how is that excludes but not RotR/Christmas?

In other news, Astro Orbiter was down all day Sunday. Apparently, it had been down since Friday, and the rumor birds have said it's another unplanned maintenance issue. I'm curious if it'll be another Primeval Whirl and stay down for a while. I didn't check to see if it was up today.
Although it's old, it uses a ride system that is used all over the place, so hopefully they won't have many issues getting parts for it.

It's very annoying that they include Christmas week and not Thanksgiving in the room only. I would do the free dining if the tickets weren't date based!

ETA: looks like I can get an AP discount for my stay. Yay!

Last edited:
I find it interesting that while I haven't been able to get a Passholder discount for my dates at AoA Little Mermaid, the general public discount is an option, and it is actually HIGHER than what I am currently booked at. Some discount, huh?
View attachment 417909

I don't want to overdo talk of discounts here... but I find them to be deceptive. It shows as more than the standard rate, but my guess is that it's a preferred or otherwise upgraded room that is discounted. I've found that to be the case before.

I wonder if part of the reason they have the room only, but not the free dining from Sept 19 - Nov 16 is due to Food and Wine and how you can use your snack credits at the booths

Only thing I can think of for why they would have free dining in December but not October

I wonder if part of the reason they have the room only, but not the free dining from Sept 19 - Nov 16 is due to Food and Wine and how you can use your snack credits at the booths

Only thing I can think of for why they would have free dining in December but not October

But F&W starts at the end of August. The free dining released in January did include later September dates (my trip did qualify for that FD offer, but not this new one).

I find it interesting that while I haven't been able to get a Passholder discount for my dates at AoA Little Mermaid, the general public discount is an option, and it is actually HIGHER than what I am currently booked at. Some discount, huh?
View attachment 417909
Are you sure the discount rate above isn't for a higher room category than what you have booked?

But F&W starts at the end of August. The free dining released in January did include later September dates (my trip did qualify for that FD offer, but not this new one).

true - just trying to make sense of not including October (I know October tends to be fairly busy with Food and Wine and Halloween, but still can't imagine it is more crowded than Christmas!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter