News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the latest TEA attendance report I was glad to see Sea World able to stop the slide in attendance and actually boost it a bit. I would hate to sea that park go away.

And they are adding another coaster next year.

There is a special tonight on CBS at 8 PM called "Whistleblower" which talks about SeaWorld.

News

Disney Theatrical first Broadway-stage production, Beauty and the Beast, will be getting a Broadway Revival!

Dates and a theater haven’t been set, but Thomas Schumacher (President of Disney Theatrical Productions) says it will happen.

https://www.theatermania.com/broadw...book&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=24apr2019
WHEE! That means revenge for the Tony Awards. You know what I would like to see? I like to see that they made TV reality talent search show for searching someone to play either Belle or Beast or both, kind of like from Andrew Lloyd Webber's talent search shows and Grease: You're the One I That Want. Here the videos for example:
I know it won't happen, but hey, I can dream, can I?:flower1:

Big fan of Disney war. I also recommend the documentary waking sleeping beauty. Really depicts the reality of inside Disney.

Waking Sleeping Beauty is really a must see! I am tempted to buy it after renting it. I would like to see more about the making of it. Don Hahn is an excellent documentarian. I have read/listened to Disney War yet. I think I bought it on Audible though. Too many podcasts to listen to, especially with all of the SWGE stuff.

Waking Sleeping Beauty is really a must see! I am tempted to buy it after renting it. I would like to see more about the making of it. Don Hahn is an excellent documentarian. I have read/listened to Disney War yet. I think I bought it on Audible though. Too many podcasts to listen to, especially with all of the SWGE stuff.
Agreed all around. Don Hahn is one of the best.

DISCUSSION

Discussion about SW:GE crowd levels on both coasts.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/star-wars-land-crowd-predictions/
Interesting to think about the 60-day "FP-Like" reservation system... I wonder if that would also be in effect for the 3 hour Extra Extra Morning Hours.... and also, if they would limit time guests could stay in the Land like DL reservation system does.... I can see it filling up pretty quickly if people are able to just hang out and not leave.

Interesting to think about the 60-day "FP-Like" reservation system... I wonder if that would also be in effect for the 3 hour Extra Extra Morning Hours.... and also, if they would limit time guests could stay in the Land like DL reservation system does.... I can see it filling up pretty quickly if people are able to just hang out and not leave.
IF they do have FP-like land reservations they will have to figure this out fairly soon. Our 60 days starts near the end of the month

IF they do have FP-like land reservations they will have to figure this out fairly soon. Our 60 days starts near the end of the month
and the club level FP are already live. They could just release those FP late though.

I think they will be doing a virtual queue thing that you can't enter until you have entered the park. So, the FP thing doesn't really matter. They may let you pick a time in the virtual queue or just the next available start time, maybe with a 1 or 2 hour window in which to enter after the start time. You would use MDE to manage the virtual queue. If they decide to do this, they could decide very late in the game. I bet they will wait and see how the virtual queue goes at DL. They could probably use their software.

I think they will be doing a virtual queue thing that you can't enter until you have entered the park. So, the FP thing doesn't really matter. They may let you pick a time in the virtual queue or just the next available start time, maybe with a 1 or 2 hour window in which to enter after the start time. You would use MDE to manage the virtual queue. If they decide to do this, they could decide very late in the game. I bet they will wait and see how the virtual queue goes at DL. They could probably use their software.

I agree - the one question in my mind is if they have a time limit in the land. Typically with a virtual queue it is for a specific experience but with the land there is no set duration naturally

I agree - the one question in my mind is if they have a time limit in the land. Typically with a virtual queue it is for a specific experience but with the land there is no set duration naturally

I have been wondering about that too. It's possible to have a time limit, but maybe it's not needed too much. I think Oga's has to have a time or drink limit though. A lot of stuff I have heard from DL seems that most people stayed about 4 hours or less and didn't really stay longer, even though they weren't real strict about it. We will just have to see what happens. I think they are waiting and seeing too.

I have been wondering about that too. It's possible to have a time limit, but maybe it's not needed too much. I think Oga's has to have a time or drink limit though. A lot of stuff I have heard from DL seems that most people stayed about 4 hours or less and didn't really stay longer, even though they weren't real strict about it. We will just have to see what happens. I think they are waiting and seeing too.
There was a 4 hour time limit, though. It sounds like most people respected the time limit. People on the Disunplugged were saying 4 hours wasn't enough.

Pretty sure I didn't see this posted ... for the Star Wars and gaming geeks out there, ~ 15 minutes of game play from Jedi Fallen Order dropped today:

Overall seems to be a single-player game mix of God of War (PS4) and Uncharted. The soundtrack is AMAZING, but for some reason I think the lightsabers looks a bit weak. I'm not expecting a ton of body dismemberment, but maybe a bit more damage?

We may finally have a decent single player Star Wars game after how many years? Despite EA, but Respawn (game studio) looks to have done a good job

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter