News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got back from WDW on the 24th but I just had to work 13 days in a row so I haven't been Dis-ing much at all. Such great content here, it took me the better part of 24 hours to get caught up on this thread!

I have never wanted a gift card as a souvenir before but here we are...

I had no idea that DVC members could pool hop in the first place!
Supposedly it will work that the land opens in the morning and people are allowed in until capacity is reached. Then if you try to get in you will request access on your phone and you will be assigned a boarding party which is a time to return. So it will be based on how long people stay / when people leave and they will have analytics to figure out when and how many for each "boarding party".
I think we would enjoy SWGE much better without huge waits for everything. That being said, we are planning a few early mornings in SWGE to get through all we want to do as this Aug/Sept trip will be SWGE-centric. My problem is wanting to see the planet at night. Trying to figure out what time we would need to shoot for in order to see it then.
NEWS

New restaurant in Japan Pavilion (Takumi-Tei) will have a dress code per the official page which is now available:

Dress Code

In order to preserve the atmosphere of this dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code. The minimum dress code is required—and dressier attire is also welcome. Please review the minimum dress code requirements:
Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.
Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.
Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

(I hope the DIS group pays attention that hats are not allowed!)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/takumi-tei-restaurant/
I dont know why this should surprise me but it's in a theme park.....no hats? No tshirts? I get that it's signature. Hubs did where a polo last month to MK because we went straight to Cali Grill for Sunday brunch so I guess we'll have to have the same plan if we want to eat at Takumi-Tei in August. Question....when will ADRs be available? I suppose they haven't even really given us an official opening date though, right?
lol and us KC DISers (well the group I hang with) have been trying to make time to get there as a group for over a year now despite the fact that we live here :rotfl:

...it's still on our list though--we did make it out as a group to Marceline though last April
Dh is an avid griller and we've been meaning to take a "cross state" road trip to KC for some BBQ, shopping, and a trip to Marceline at the same time.

Dh is an avid griller and we've been meaning to take a "cross state" road trip to KC for some BBQ, shopping, and a trip to Marceline at the same time.
You totally should come! The KC to STL (or vice versa) drive isn't too bad so long as you don't run into a ton of semis since a long part of the trek is only 2 lanes (though you may have already been that route before). Plenty of BBQ places to choose from plus we do have multiple festivals/competitions as well.

Marceline was quite nice. The museum is a really great piece of history. The ladies who run it are really great and they've added audio/video to the museum for parts of it which I really enjoyed plus you'll have to sign your name(s) in the barn :)

Am I the only one that thinks that Universal gets away with stuff that Disney would NEVER get away with. This "explanation" is pretty pathetic. "We care about your safety so we're pretty sure we've solved the problem." This happens at Blizzard Beach and it's the headline on the Today show.
Yes...and also on these boards. It's strange since this is called the DIS Boards because it seems to be more common for people to have the long knives out for Disney on a variety of issues than Universal...by a long shot.

If this happened at Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach I can imagine all of the posts about "greedy, cost-cutting" being the culprit. Those type of accusations never seem to be levelled at Universal.

Not that we should keep going on this topic but I think many people’s opinion was based on seeing Blackfish and not seeking all of the facts before basing that opinion. I will say SeaWorld isn’t perfect and certainly has some questionable things but they aren’t the devil either. They do plenty of good too.
By the latest TEA attendance report I was glad to see Sea World able to stop the slide in attendance and actually boost it a bit. I would hate to sea that park go away.

Wow . .an indoor shopping venue to buy toys in land THEMED for Toys .. what a concept!
Why not make this permanent? Hard to tell how big this is and if it makes the exit too much of a traffic jam. (But is that any different from any other "exit into the store" shop? )

I hope the expansion of the land (for the restaurant) will add some indoor shopping space to TSL (so they can get rid of those carts that clog the ONLY path through the land. It will be nice to have another set of restrooms in that land too.

This shop is small. You are not forced into when exiting. It is a room off the exit hallway but you can just walk right past it if you want.
And sort of poorly themed. It’s supposed to be a pop up so if it stays I would hope for something better.

Not that we should keep going on this topic but I think many people’s opinion was based on seeing Blackfish and not seeking all of the facts before basing that opinion. I will say SeaWorld isn’t perfect and certainly has some questionable things but they aren’t the devil either. They do plenty of good too.
This exactly. SeaWorld does a tremendous amount of good.

And sort of poorly themed. It’s supposed to be a pop up so if it stays I would hope for something better.
Well .. if I recall .. there is a long walk from the ride to the exit (since they had to connect to the existing building) .. seems like they have plenty of space inside that building for a proper gift shop and better theming. Glad to see at least something better than those small carts they have.

Not at all! It reads like a soap opera, but be forewarned, I found it to be a bit stressful, but I am very empathic, too. So maybe not the most relaxing of reads for a cruise?
I’ve read it and would highly recommend it. As a PP stated on this or some other thread, things were going very well until Wells died. The book emphasizes this in many places. Eisner’s ego wouldn’t accept that the good stuff was not all him

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter