News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Star Wars 9 Celebration panel, as with all major Star Wars events over the weekend, will be live-streamed on the official Star Wars YouTube channel and also on the Star Wars website
I wonder if this YouTube channel and starwars.com will be broadcasting the same content?

Ooh, I also just watched Dumbo. Hadn't planned to, but we were late for Shazam so saw Dumbo instead.

Boyfriend and I actually really liked it. So... Yeah.

Dumbo was adorable.
His little eyes! I really enjoyed Dumbo.

News

The next round of Flower and Garden merchandise has arrived

http://blogmickey.com/2019/04/photo...nd-garden-festival-merchandise-arrives-today/
I can never remember the difference between Limited Edition MBs and the Limited Release MBs.....and which ones do tricks when scanning at FP and front gate scanners?

That was so interesting. We will definitely itely be getting this.

Old classics such as Snow White or 101 Dalmatians.
Song of the South?

That’s a great price. Any word on the classic shorts or Wonderful World of Color?

I am so waiting for these, and the People and Places shows.

The low price is just to get people to subscribe at first. Once they have there audience they will slowly raise the price and it will eventually reach to what Netflix is currently priced at.

Netflix has to charge more, because they have to pay other studios for the rights to show the content that's not theirs. Disney owns all of this, so technically, they don't have as much base cost. However, I am sure they will get greedy.

Appears that the man who was accused of stealing the Magic Band was identified in error.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/flori...ets-photo-taken-on-theme-park-ride-police-say

None of our Buzz Lightyear photos from our March trip and some from November got picked up right. It might have been the car in front or behind. I wonder if this is what happened.

None of our Buzz Lightyear photos from our March trip and some from November got picked up right. It might have been the car in front or behind. I wonder if this is what happened.

But what if the code to link the band and photo is so bad that it could find the wrong band or account. Think about it, instead of reading the wrong band (car ahead or behind) it's really getting some other account and putting the photo there. As a software engineer I can see the possibility that they put photos randomly in accounts.

But what if the code to link the band and photo is so bad that it could find the wrong band or account. Think about it, instead of reading the wrong band (car ahead or behind) it's really getting some other account and putting the photo there. As a software engineer I can see the possibility that they put photos randomly in accounts.

That's possible too. However, it was only happening on Buzz Lightyear, which makes me think it was a hardware problem at that attraction. I would think if it was software it wouldn't matter which attraction it was. All of our other photos were fine or nonexistent (1 on SDD).

Can't explain to you how excited I am that this will be affordable my kids have been telling me we have to have it and I really couldn't disagree with them.

They were super upset that all the Disney content was moved off of Netflix.

I'll gladly pay that 1st years price. Netflix I think needs to come down in its pricing with its current model.

It might have been mentioned in a link, or maybe I just missed it, but is the 6.99 a month commercial-free? I can't stand the commercials on the Disney channel and I love my commercial-free Hulu (it's not cheap, but to me it's worth it). I am hoping for Disney Plus to be an add-on or bundled with Hulu, but I will only get it if there are no interruptions or annoying graphics on the screen.

It might have been mentioned in a link, or maybe I just missed it, but is the 6.99 a month commercial-free? I can't stand the commercials on the Disney channel and I love my commercial-free Hulu (it's not cheap, but to me it's worth it). I am hoping for Disney Plus to be an add-on or bundled with Hulu, but I will only get it if there are no interruptions or annoying graphics on the screen.
Yes ad free.

I think Netflix has run its course for me. They are making TOO much original content, so when I do find a show you like they cancel it after two seasons. There's not enough quality there in the stuff I like to watch. I will be canceling in May when the price goes up. I can rely on Amazon Prime and sling tv until November.

Netflix also has really draconian clauses for their original series. When Netflix (inevitably?) cancels a show after only 2 or 3 seasons, they ban other streaming services from picking up the show for X years. (The number of years varies based on the specific contract.)

That's the position that the reimagined version of One Day at a Time is facing. Netflix canceled the show and the creators/producers reportedly found them a new home elsewhere. Because of the clause in the contract, that's not allowed. So, the show is basically dead.

I'm hopefully that the "Hollywood" power players will exert their power to force Netflix to abandon this sort of clause. I have no problem with non-compete if it's to protect active shows from getting stolen by rivals. But, if Netflix is the one that cancels a show, they shouldn't be able to stop it from appearing elsewhere.

Full Disclosure: A friend of a friend worked on One Day at a Time. She lost her job because Netflix refused to let the show move to a different streaming service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter