News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Starting in June Adventure's by Disney offers behind the scenes access to Rivers of Light

https://wdwnt.com/2019/03/adventure...s-access-to-rivers-of-light-starting-in-june/

This exclusive daytime visit takes guests backstage to visit a hidden marina where the animal and lotus barges are prepared for the evening performance. These Backstage Magic guests will be among the first to see the inner workings — and learn the mechanical and technological secrets — behind this incredible nighttime show.

Guests will also enjoy a new private lunch at Tiffins Restaurant, featuring a special menu and fascinating insider stories about the creation of the park, starting in June. If you’re a fan of Animal Kingdom, then this is officially a “must-do” for you!
Is there pricing somewhere and I'm missing it?

Yes please.

I don't know how many last days of vacation I've had where I've done 20k steps everyday.

At that point I'm really wishing there was a people mover to move you around the park.
Ugh yup that's where I'm thinking.

3 days at DLR early this month was 27,383+23,230+23,834 for a total of 74,447 steps. We were in a real foot ache bind even by the 2nd day of going back and forth between the two parks and they are set up real similar to Universal Orlando in that respects. I'm pretty sure we made a joke about wishing a PeopleMover was there at DLR.

Sure. Why not. Companies just draw the line wherever it suits them financially. Disney is no different - I'm not even saying they should be - just acknowledging reality.

I'd argue that Disney is a bit different from "normal" companies in this regard. Example: The live-action movie of Beauty and the Beast.

If Disney was solely interested in making money, they would have quietly snipped out the "gay" scenes when Malaysia called for that censorship. Disney refused, instead opting to not release the film in that country. That decision certainly resulted in a loss in revenue.

SeaWorld Orlando Announces Inaugural Furry Friends Fun Run at Sesame Street

Oh no. That just doesn't sound right. Or good. Or family friendly. Somebody in marketing should do a head shake.
I have to apologize for my comment. I googled this and turns out it's an international charity event in the US and Canada that raises money in large and small communities in both nations to support homeless dogs and pets. I just read the title and thought it was a badly phrased kids' event. I've learned a lesson and hopefully being forthright about my mistake may spread the word about what looks like a very good charity for a good cause.

Yes please.

I don't know how many last days of vacation I've had where I've done 20k steps everyday.

At that point I'm really wishing there was a people mover to move you around the park.

I could see something that takes people from one end to the other or something. Like the old Skyway or the boats I side EPCOT... just seems a bit much to have all these cars taking people from specific spot to specific spot

Granted all the walking done is one of the things I like about WDW and helps to offset all the foods I eat

I could see something that takes people from one end to the other or something. Like the old Skyway or the boats I side EPCOT... just seems a bit much to have all these cars taking people from specific spot to specific spot

Granted all the walking done is one of the things I like about WDW and helps to offset all the foods I eat

No way would it work to have these cars taking people from ride to ride! That can't be what they mean??? That would be one of the worst ideas ever. The traffic jams....and my mood when they keep getting in my way! :p

Adnan Virk not suing ESPN anymore. ESPN gets off easy on this one Virks firing was a tremendous over reaction. They fired him for leaking but what he did was leaked by someone in ESPN and what he leaked was so minor anyway.

https://deadspin.com/adnan-virk-agrees-not-to-sue-espn-after-he-gets-new-job-1833321716/amp
I don't think it matters if it is minor or not. Once you lose the trust of any company, it's almost guaranteed that you will lose your job over whatever it was that you did to break their trust.

At first blush, this sounds like a nightmare. Upon further contemplation, it still sounds like a nightmare.

More things to dodge and run away from... I don't get it...

Yeah, I could see something in a separate track that goes along the edge or even back stage and goes around the perimeter of the park ... sort of like a people mover with a few spots

But this just seems bad

Minor or not it’s likely in his contract to not do that.
Yes but it’s the way ESPN has handled this same thing with others in a completely different way with just suspensions. ESPN has not been consistent with how they discipline their employees. Also someone leaked the story of what he did. I encourage anyone who like more info on this to listen to the podcast Richard Deitsch has with James Miller. I won’t link it since Miller curses which I’ve never heard him do but he was pretty passionate about this. Nobody knows what goes on at ESPN better than Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter