News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched but since most of the conversations about this are on this thread, I'll ask about it here..

What is the thinking about what Tier Mickey&Minnie RR attraction will be when it opens? Since SW will likely be Tier 1 (once FPs start up anyway), and TSL is all Tier 1, with there be a reshuffling of the tiers, do you think?

I searched but since most of the conversations about this are on this thread, I'll ask about it here..

What is the thinking about what Tier Mickey&Minnie RR attraction will be when it opens? Since SW will likely be Tier 1 (once FPs start up anyway), and TSL is all Tier 1, with there be a reshuffling of the tiers, do you think?

I am wondering if tiering will go away soon.

Especially if they start charging for fp, as the rumor goes.

Since it will be a while until SWGE gets FP I expect MMRR to be a tier 1.

We also have the strong rumors of a paid FP system coming so SWGE may never even impact the DHS tiers.

I think when it first opens they will just add it as another Tier 1.

Long term, (ignoring anything else that might happen with FP and paid options or whatever) I think the SW:GE and MMRR are all Tier 1 and maybe Slinky Dog if it is still super popular and then rest of park is Tier 2

I think there will be a reshuffling of sorts. AlienSS will probably move down. Depending how popular SDD is, it may stay 1 or 2. MMRR will probably be 1. And then both SWGE rides. But then, that's a lot of tier 1's in one park. Maybe they'll go tier-less?? Unclear at this time.

I cant believe it but I gotta say I am thrilled and on top it heartened to see Disney correct their mistakes in such a huge way. Gives me hope for the company in general

yeah, part of me thinks this shows Disney over reacted to start with and should have waited before acting ... but I also do remember at the time people were all over Disney for not acting faster/more concretely with Lasseter and other companies that did act swiftly were being praised for it, etc.

Hopefully this does send a message that if you own up to mistakes and try to demonstrate that you have learned from it that you can overcome it

NEWS

James Gunn reinstated as Director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-...ndefensible-social-media-messages-1202576444/
I'm a fan of "well, they're a business..." arguments in general, and this certainly bolsters that! Guess their $$$ WITH vs. $$$ WITHOUT calculation now balances differently. So they made a change. Again.

All's fair in love and profits, as long as companies stay away from moralizing to all of us -- only when it suits them.

I'm a fan of "well, they're a business..." arguments in general, and this certainly bolsters that! Guess their $$$ WITH vs. $$$ WITHOUT calculation now balances differently. So they made a change. Again.

All's fair in love and profits, as long as companies stay away from moralizing to all of us -- only when it suits them.

I think it is all a balance too .... the fact that what he did (as far as what I saw confirmed) was just words (vile, vile words - but still not the same as the action some of these others did) and he has proven to add value to something that adds a lot of value to Disney

Like in sports - the star players can get away with more than the bench players can, but there are also lines that even the star player can't cross (Like Matt Lauer added a lot of value, but what he did was just something no one could overcome)

I think fan reaction to Gunn leaving was a bit in favor of Gunn more than against him. I also think they saw the third film couldn't really go on without his direction or at least be done to the caliber of the first two. They fired him, then the film was on hold, then started up again, then they decided to still use his script, and now we have this news.

I think it is all a balance too .... the fact that what he did (as far as what I saw confirmed) was just words (vile, vile words - but still not the same as the action some of these others did) and he has proven to add value to something that adds a lot of value to Disney

Like in sports - the star players can get away with more than the bench players can, but there are also lines that even the star player can't cross (Like Matt Lauer added a lot of value, but what he did was just something no one could overcome)
Sure. Why not. Companies just draw the line wherever it suits them financially. Disney is no different - I'm not even saying they should be - just acknowledging reality.

I think fan reaction to Gunn leaving was a bit in favor of Gunn more than against him. I also think they saw the third film couldn't really go on without his direction or at least be done to the caliber of the first two. They fired him, then the film was on hold, then started up again, then they decided to still use his script, and now we have this news.
Yes. Their profit calculus adjusted over time. I get it. Not even arguing against it. :) They should just steer clear of moralizing -- all companies should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!