News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, we rode last week at the end of the night (25 minutes for ride #1, 10 minutes for ride #2). Posted times for standby was 40 or 50 minutes. AS2 burned a FP, but was a walk on at the end of night.

Looking back, we should have waited until the night time to ride AS2 - as during the day it was a 40 mins wait, in a line that did NOT move well, and I think it looked more fun in the night with the party lights, etc.

from some reports I am seeing this seems like more than the standard issue of not being able to book ADRs/FPs, etc. - people are seeing friends and family members disappearing from lists, seeing tickets they had linked disappear, etc. so I think that is causing some people more than the typical freak out

I just checked my account, a couple of canceled reservations appeared (though where the option to cancel is it says they can't be cancelled right now). I'm slightly more concerned with my MVMCP ticket disappearing. As long as my free dining package is still there it isn't panic time yet. Glad I'm not there right now.

I just checked my account, a couple of canceled reservations appeared (though where the option to cancel is it says they can't be cancelled right now). I'm slightly more concerned with my MVMCP ticket disappearing. As long as my free dining package is still there it isn't panic time yet. Glad I'm not there right now.
I don't see any of my reservations currently.

As someone who works in IT and also knowing a bit of the backstory on how IT was transferred to the new 3rd party provider, I am not surprised this is a issue. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is still rocking windows 7 and as such is feeling the issue that last months windows 7 patches pushed on enterprise web based sites that have multiple redirects. Its not hard to fix if they know what they are looking for.

Eh they will figure it out sooner or later

As someone who works in IT and also knowing a bit of the backstory on how IT was transferred to the new 3rd party provider, I am not surprised this is a issue. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is still rocking windows 7 and as such is feeling the issue that last months windows 7 patches pushed on enterprise web based sites that have multiple redirects. Its not hard to fix if they know what they are looking for.

That not very reassuring - true, but scary for those of us with well thought out plans for upcoming trips.

Or those there now.

Last edited:
Honestly, unless you are there now or leaving today or tomorrow I wouldn’t stress about it. It will be back.

TSL at night is such a different visual experience. I think they did a great job with the lighting. But don’t get me started on how much I hate AS2 :rotfl2:
It was definitely a one and done with us.

Agreed, I think unless someone is travelling soon or is there now they shouldn't worry too much. It feels like the wrong databases are being read and if it can't find your ticket it displays nothing. Too many companies are guilty of letting things get this bad because it costs less than a total rebuild.

This may be a very dumb question and forgive my ignorance here but what's with this on some of their merchandise:

View attachment 350485 View attachment 350486

Not sure what it means.

My Japanese is a bit rusty but pretty sure that just says Mickey Mouse in Katakana

icons-with-japanese-alphabet-katakana-vector-8085633.jpg

My Japanese is a bit rusty but pretty sure that just says Mickey Mouse in Katakana
See I was thinking it was Japanese but alas Google wasn't helping me very much in my quest to figure out what it was saying lol. That does make sense to say that-still not completely certain I would buy one of the items on it but if that's what it says that would make me feel better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter