News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The screenshot had the date on it as for today. But yes, that would be pretty great! From reading on here and on facebook, many people don't know that you can do that, so it's not surprising that one would think it's a glitch.
You can hold FPs in more than one park on the same day. You only pre book 2 FPs and after you tap in at the first ride you can then book your third for another park.

Apparently it looks like we may be heading into day 2 of the MDE system meltdown based on posts from the folks who have been trying to grab FPs this morning. The issues don't seem to be affecting everyone and the issues can vary from account to account.

Apparently it looks like we may be heading into day 2 of the MDE system meltdown based on posts from the folks who have been trying to grab FPs this morning. The issues don't seem to be affecting everyone and the issues can vary from account to account.

Mine is still DOA.... no family and friends list, incorrect/incomplete resort and dining reservations, couldn't make FPs if I wanted to... but folks who are in the parks now are the most severely affected. So terrible that once again, the tools we have been given to ensure a great vacation are the very reason some will end up NOT having a great vacation.

I am missing one 10 day hopper, my hotel reservations appear and disappear, and I have about 4 cancelled old dining reservations that have reappeared. Do I wait? Do I call? Any other thoughts or advice?

I hardly even consider this a meltdown anymore. Non-functional MDE and web services is more the default than the exception for Disney IT. There is not a day that goes by without at least some people complaining on the The Dis Facebook groups about MDE failures. It's simply a matter of whether it is effecting thousands, or tens of thousands, of accounts at the same time. It's brutally bad. I understand the problems, I also know they refused to fix it when they did FP+ and they are reaping what they sowed. Similarly, I don't think they really care that much. People wait an hour on hold, they complain, they complain when it fails in the park, and they keep coming back. So it doesn't matter that the IT is "benefits" are hit or miss garbage.

Mine is still DOA.... no family and friends list, incorrect/incomplete resort and dining reservations, couldn't make FPs if I wanted to... but folks who are in the parks now are the most severely affected. So terrible that once again, the tools we have been given to ensure a great vacation are the very reason some will end up NOT having a great vacation.
Mine is spotty right now as well. We leave tonight for Orlando so I HOPE this clears up!

I am missing one 10 day hopper, my hotel reservations appear and disappear, and I have about 4 cancelled old dining reservations that have reappeared. Do I wait? Do I call? Any other thoughts or advice?

It depends, are you going soon? If not, I'd just wait it out. If you're booking FP soon then there may be nothing you can do. I would just keep an eye on it. We leave 3 weeks from today and I've printed the relevant information off to keep in a three prong folder.

I hardly even consider this a meltdown anymore. Non-functional MDE and web services is more the default than the exception for Disney IT. There is not a day that goes by without at least some people complaining on the The Dis Facebook groups about MDE failures. It's simply a matter of whether it is effecting thousands, or tens of thousands, of accounts at the same time. It's brutally bad. I understand the problems, I also know they refused to fix it when they did FP+ and they are reaping what they sowed. Similarly, I don't think they really care that much. People wait an hour on hold, they complain, they complain when it fails in the park, and they keep coming back. So it doesn't matter that the IT is "benefits" are hit or miss garbage.

from some reports I am seeing this seems like more than the standard issue of not being able to book ADRs/FPs, etc. - people are seeing friends and family members disappearing from lists, seeing tickets they had linked disappear, etc. so I think that is causing some people more than the typical freak out

from some reports I am seeing this seems like more than the standard issue of not being able to book ADRs/FPs, etc. - people are seeing friends and family members disappearing from lists, seeing tickets they had linked disappear, etc. so I think that is causing some people more than the typical freak out
I've waited out disney's IT before. I've never seen anything like this. Dining reservations I made a couple of months ago (and cancelled) have "magically" returned. At the same time, I'm missing valid ticket and hotel reservations.

I've waited out disney's IT before. I've never seen anything like this. Dining reservations I made a couple of months ago (and cancelled) have "magically" returned. At the same time, I'm missing valid ticket and hotel reservations.

That's the other side of it - people reporting things they have deleted have returns - like ADRs with you or Friends and family members, etc. with others .... definitely not just the standard IT problems

... I know we rode it twice standby and the line did seem to move pretty good and pretty steadily (also less that posted wait time both times)

Same here, we rode last week at the end of the night (25 minutes for ride #1, 10 minutes for ride #2). Posted times for standby was 40 or 50 minutes. AS2 burned a FP, but was a walk on at the end of night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter