• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the price is ridiculous, but never thought it wouldn't do well!

For those 1) needing guaranteed car seats, 2) distrustful of Uber/Lyft without a Disney seal of approval, 3) not price sensitive and wanting to partake of all-things-Disney while in The World, this will be a good option.

I agree - though you can book private transport that also would satisfy the first two (well, at least be a more regulated company vs Uber) and be 1/2 the price of what Disney is charging .... I think the last part is something people that ARE price sensitive underestimate

The Kevin and Jody Kidney designed Happiness is Here parade in Tokyo had its final performance after a 5 year run

I'm really hopeful for this, especially since Hollywood Studios is a quick service wasteland. These look interesting and pretty yummy!

I agree - we've been going to the Brown Derby Lounge (the outside area, no ADRs) for if we are there and don't want a full, sit-down meal

But with this, the Baseline Taphouse for beer and snacks and then the coming quick service in Galaxy's edge that is definitely an improvement!

Nice to see them developing some new options for quick service and also including some healthier options - with Sautu'li Canteen sort of being the kick start to that I think

I'm really hopeful for this, especially since Hollywood Studios is a quick service wasteland. These look interesting and pretty yummy!

I feel like half the time I’m in the studios I get a bucket of popcorn or the like as opposed to an actual counter service meal. Hopefully with woody, baseline, and any Star Wars offerings it’ll improve

I think I'm agreeing with the majority here that this seems like a pretty great menu. A nice mix and not the "normal" burgers and chicken.

I also want to say everyone mentioning how bad the food is at DHS - you should check out ABC Commisary. Yes, they were terrible for a long time, but they have a nice selection and some healthy options and I think people still slug them off because of past misdeeds.

News

You can get the Green Alien sipper with beverage in Toy Story Land

http://blogmickey.com/2018/04/alien-sipper-coming-to-toy-story-land/

So I have to ask because I never buy these things - people get so excited over popcorn buckets and sippers and such...what do you DO with these things when you get home? We only have so much room in our cabinets for awkwardly shaped containers, we keep having to toss old resort mugs. I avoid these type of "souvenir" things like the plague, because no one in my house will ever throw anything out. Do other people just use them for a while and toss them? Or do y'all have a shelf full of useless Disney food containers?

So I have to ask because I never buy these things - people get so excited over popcorn buckets and sippers and such...what do you DO with these things when you get home? We only have so much room in our cabinets for awkwardly shaped containers, we keep having to toss old resort mugs. I avoid these type of "souvenir" things like the plague, because no one in my house will ever throw anything out. Do other people just use them for a while and toss them? Or do y'all have a shelf full of useless Disney food containers?
I have two popcorn buckets, the Tie Fighter and the Mickey Balloon. They are display pieces for me (along with my magicbands when not in use). We have the beauty and the beast rose sipper displayed in our Disney themed kitchen as well.

I think I'm agreeing with the majority here that this seems like a pretty great menu. A nice mix and not the "normal" burgers and chicken.

I also want to say everyone mentioning how bad the food is at DHS - you should check out ABC Commisary. Yes, they were terrible for a long time, but they have a nice selection and some healthy options and I think people still slug them off because of past misdeeds.

I agree on ABC Commisary. I've eaten there a couple times lately and it's been pretty good.

As for popcorn buckets, we use them like tupperware. I have nuts and such stored in our pantry with them. Now that doesn't include the Santa Mickey or the Mickey pumpkin. I used the Mickey Pumpkin on Halloween last year.

As for mugs, we keep bringing the current mug back and have them reset it instead of getting another one.

we have a few of the sippers and have them up on a ledge above our stove. We actually need to find a better spot - definitely easy to go from having a few cool ones to way too many

News

Looks like the Minnie vans to MCO are doing well and will become a permanent offering as well as expanding including possible pick up at MCO at the beginning of your vacation.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/04/minnie-va...disney-world-trips-from-mco-airport-imminent/

If Disney can find a way to include transferring your luggage from our airline to the resort along with the Minnie van MCO pick up/drop off service like they do for DME, my husband will gladly pick this option - whether or not it's worth that amount. The fact that he doesn't have to worry about wrangling our luggage once we check it at the outgoing airport is the only reason we use DME.

If Disney can find a way to include transferring your luggage from our airline to the resort along with the Minnie van MCO pick up/drop off service like they do for DME, my husband will gladly pick this option - whether or not it's worth that amount. The fact that he doesn't have to worry about wrangling our luggage once we check it at the outgoing airport is the only reason we use DME.
I don't see why you couldn't still use the DME luggage service with this. You sign up for DME as usual, get your tags, Disney takes your luggage but instead you use Minnie Vans instead of checking in with DME.

I don't see why you couldn't still use the DME luggage service with this. You sign up for DME as usual, get your tags, Disney takes your luggage but instead you use Minnie Vans instead of checking in with DME.
Huh. That's a good point. I guess it never occurred to me that was an option.
Though I don't think I'm going to bring it up to my husband.
I can think of plenty other uses for $300...

Huh. That's a good point. I guess it never occurred to me that was an option.
Though I don't think I'm going to bring it up to my husband.
I can think of plenty other uses for $300...

My wife and daughter think the Magical Express from the airport is as much a must do as FOP. They hate the return trip though, so maybe split it up and take the Express from the airport but Minivan it back??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter