News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s smart to have some unique and good breakfast QS options in park. DL does a better job of it than WDW.

Ie, Flo’s V8 Cafe in DCA is known for their Brioche French Toast.

I suppose WDW wanted to steer more guests to character buffet for a while, but they are so maxed out..

That's true (probably should have worded my initial statement that I was "pleasantly surprised" at the number of breakfast options) - and guess getting people to spend $ in park is better than bringing granola bars or even just at the food courts at the resort. Plus, initially I bet this is a popular spot for rope drop and just people being there early and thus needing breakfast

And it works going too? Luggage doesn't get lost coming to the resort if you don't scan on to DME? Are they separate systems? Just curious because this is a brilliant idea!

Going is the easiest. Yellow tags from MSP (or your home airport) will show up in your room that afternoon/eve.

You could still take a cab from MCO to your resort if you wanted.

Well, you need something to eat while you sit in the 180 minute rope drop line for slinky dog. They should have a food kiosk by the FOP line....at least they have one in the Navi river journey line.

Well, I would have paid a LOT of money at a bar at the old "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" Playground. I never was in such a frazzled state as when my 4-year old was let loose in that awful place. Whose Idea was it to have tunnels that only a child could fit it that came out in a completely different place from the entrance. I lost my daughter three times in about 40 minutes. After the third time it was like - "That's it I'm out!"

I had a similar experience with losing one of my twins in the boneyard. My dad and I each had one twin to watch and somehow we ended up both watching the same one. At least at the boneyard he couldn't get out the door.

Heck a few weeks ago I had friends going to S&D and we were going to BWV.

I just added their names to my room.

Their bags went to our room from one airline, and ours went to our room on another.

We all rode ME so no cars were needed.

We did need roll their bags over from BWV though, easy peasy.

Going is the easiest. Yellow tags from MSP (or your home airport) will show up in your room that afternoon/eve.

You could still take a cab from MCO to your resort if you wanted.

I knew the bags didn't ride under the bus with you, but I wasn't sure how connected they were. That's great news...I had never thought of that. My husband hates DME because it can take so long. Getting a cab or town car instead would be great.

I knew the bags didn't ride under the bus with you, but I wasn't sure how connected they were. That's great news...I had never thought of that. My husband hates DME because it can take so long. Getting a cab or town car instead would be great.

And honestly, we send the bags (yellow tags) even if we rent a car. Why wait and lug that stuff around.

Same on the return "if" participating airline.

My husband hates DME because it can take so long.

Hmmm..interesting. We have had good fortune with DME and are often at our resort less than an hour after getting off the plane. You always feel that buzz of excitement on the DME bus. Plus we enjoy watching the arrival video on the bus I can't imagine paying $150 to get to resort 20 minutes earlier. DME is part of the experience. The last two trips out we stopped at Universal first (because we had APs there) and really missed the DME experience.

Now the return trip to the airport - we haven't done it yet, but I would consider substituting Uber for the DME. Still wouldn't spend $150.

Well, you need something to eat while you sit in the 180 minute rope drop line for slinky dog. They should have a food kiosk by the FOP line....at least they have one in the Navi river journey line.

Related, I am sure it is no coincidence that the Baseline Taphouse is built right be where the line to get in the main entrance to Galaxy's Edge is ... I am sure they will sell a beer (or 8) to people while they wait in line

Hmmm..interesting. We have had good fortune with DME and are often at our resort less than an hour after getting off the plane. You always feel that buzz of excitement on the DME bus. Plus we enjoy watching the arrival video on the bus I can't imagine paying $150 to get to resort 20 minutes earlier. DME is part of the experience. The last two trips out we stopped at Universal first (because we had APs there) and really missed the DME experience.

Now the return trip to the airport - we haven't done it yet, but I would consider substituting Uber for the DME. Still wouldn't spend $150.

Pretty much same here. Although this winter we had FoP on a hair trigger timeline on arrival. Just bolted to cabs and barley made it. Zero chance if it was the BWV ME bus, stops at CBR first.

But otherwise yes we really like ME esp on the way.

Paint the Night 8:15PM

And then @dina444444 says that the parade is 45 minutes long. Very interesting since I will be doing the World of Color dessert package on Thursday and my reservation still says 9pm. I am wondering if that is the time you can start getting into the seated area. I just looked on the DL website and it does list the start time for World of Color to be 9:45pm on Thursday.

We took Uber from the Contemporary to MCO for $26 in Dec. Would do it again in a heartbeat vs. DME back. On the way to WDW, DME can be a fun part of the experience. BUT it can sometimes take a LONG time. I'm playing it by ear for my sister and my Dark Side trip this month.

I've had both good and bad luck with DME. Did it with my mom last year and we were the first resort.
The last time with my DH, we stopped at like three resorts before WL, and he was annoyed. He was even more annoyed on the way back with having to leave so early on DME to get to the airport. I looked into a town car for our trip next year and it I believe it was $160 RT, with car seat, and grocery stop on the way. I didn't think that was too bad, and if I can send my bags direct to the resort, even better.

Related, I am sure it is no coincidence that the Baseline Taphouse is built right be where the line to get in the main entrance to Galaxy's Edge is ... I am sure they will sell a beer (or 8) to people while they wait in line

I'm still wondering how long that line will be at first. Drink carts would be nice, like at US.

And also if that SWGE entrance might have a que wrapping internally for shade/rain. Just such an oddly large covered entrance.

And then @dina444444 says that the parade is 45 minutes long. Very interesting since I will be doing the World of Color dessert package on Thursday and my reservation still says 9pm. I am wondering if that is the time you can start getting into the seated area. I just looked on the DL website and it does list the start time for World of Color to be 9:45pm on Thursday.
9pm is likely when you can enter the desert seating area. I would pick a spot in front of Ariel’s to watch the parade since you can then go straight to the desert party. They may also run the parade from the pier to Hollywood land so it passes by WoC viewing first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter