News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a ridiculously slow schedule. Even if they were only starting construction of it today that would be a long time.
My guess, and this is only a guess, is that they will open the POP to CBR to Studios lines earlier. The CBR to Riviera to Epcot will be last. It will give them time to finish Riviera, and also allow them to build some data on rider throughput on the other routes.

DVC Dues for 2019

I got my email for the posting of DVC Dues so it would appear the proposed budgets are up now. I’ve got to say, the increase for AKV hurt. Unless my math is wrong, it’s a 10.1% increase.

On the flip side DVC resale values have increased dramatically this last year (as some of us predicted).

AKV has gone from about $85 a point the same quarter last year, to about $115 this year. About a 30% increase, or about 5 years of dues.

Not saying dues should go up 10%, just trying to make you feel better if you did decide to sell. :hug:

Last edited:
Yep. I think getting cast used to a new mass transit system and Riviera’s construction are playing a role in the delay. Disney hasn’t introduced new transit since really the inception of the resort.

Riviera construction was one thing I thought of

I saw someone else post on a Facebook thread that they might not want to open it in the middle of the summer when it is the hottest - give them some time to adjust all the ventilation, etc. so they feel more comfortable with people in it during summer time (just was speculation though)

DVC Dues for 2019

I got my email for the posting of DVC Dues so it would appear the proposed budgets are up now. I’ve got to say, the increase for AKV hurt. Unless my math is wrong, it’s a 10.1% increase.

Yee-ouch! Not the only resort being slammed with higher MF. From over on the DVC board - most WDW properties (expect BR & CC @ WL and WGF) up 7% or more! Wonder what the story is.

Don't want to get into a big conversation of this here - so if you are interested, thread over on the DVC boards:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2019-dues.3717097/

Resort 2018 Dues 2019 Dues Increase
Animal Kingdom Villas $6.7565 $7.4355 +10.04%
Aulani $7.5352 $7.8603 +4.31%
Bay Lake Tower $5.9226 $6.3994 +8.05%
Beach Club Villas $6.4430 $6.9415 +7.73%
BoardWalk Villas $6.5496 $7.1722 +9.51%
Boulder Ridge $6.9339 $7.3220 +5.60%
Copper Creek Villas $7.2625 $7.4256 +2.25%
Grand Californian $5.8828 $6.2664 +6.52%
Grand Floridian $6.1329 $6.3850 +4.11%
Hilton Head $7.7159 $8.5630 +10.98%
Old Key West $6.7245 $7.2289 +7.50%
Polynesian $6.2005 $6.7625 +9.06%
Saratoga Springs $5.8564 $6.4041 +9.53%
Vero Beach $8.5260 $9.4766 +11.15%

Yee-ouch! Not the only resort being slammed with higher MF. From over on the DVC board - most WDW properties (expect BR & CC @ WL and WGF) up 7% or more! Wonder what the story is.

Don't want to get into a big conversation of this here - so if you are interested, thread over on the DVC boards:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2019-dues.3717097/

Resort 2018 Dues 2019 Dues Increase
Animal Kingdom Villas $6.7565 $7.4355 +10.04%
Aulani $7.5352 $7.8603 +4.31%
Bay Lake Tower $5.9226 $6.3994 +8.05%
Beach Club Villas $6.4430 $6.9415 +7.73%
BoardWalk Villas $6.5496 $7.1722 +9.51%
Boulder Ridge $6.9339 $7.3220 +5.60%
Copper Creek Villas $7.2625 $7.4256 +2.25%
Grand Californian $5.8828 $6.2664 +6.52%
Grand Floridian $6.1329 $6.3850 +4.11%
Hilton Head $7.7159 $8.5630 +10.98%
Old Key West $6.7245 $7.2289 +7.50%
Polynesian $6.2005 $6.7625 +9.06%
Saratoga Springs $5.8564 $6.4041 +9.53%
Vero Beach $8.5260 $9.4766 +11.15%
Likely has a lot to do with increased labor costs

i also wonder if this is a test for what they will use with the Star Wars Hotel - that you check in "planet side" and then take an elevator like this that brings you up to the "space ship" where you will be staying
I can see that for sure. Either that or the ship will “take off” at the beginning of your stay

:offtopic: Does anyone here have any sources in the resorts area that are willing to share what the heck is going on with the renovations at All Star Movies (and the rest of the All Stars resorts after that)? They were humming along nicely, but then suddenly all construction ceased and no one seems to know what the real deal is. Some have speculated that they wanted all the rooms available for Christmas, but that didn't stop the Pop construction so I don't buy that one. I suspect it has to do with budget issues, but that begs the question: Will they ever get going again and finish up? When?

I imagine I won't get a satisfactory answer here, but I figured it was worth a try.

:offtopic: Does anyone here have any sources in the resorts area that are willing to share what the heck is going on with the renovations at All Star Movies (and the rest of the All Stars resorts after that)? They were humming along nicely, but then suddenly all construction ceased and no one seems to know what the real deal is. Some have speculated that they wanted all the rooms available for Christmas, but that didn't stop the Pop construction so I don't buy that one. I suspect it has to do with budget issues, but that begs the question: Will they ever get going again and finish up? When?

I imagine I won't get a satisfactory answer here, but I figured it was worth a try.
That’s bizarre. I haven’t heard anything about this. I can’t imagine them just stopping everything. Room renovations are industry norm and something Disney has done forever.

Would these type of construction workers be used for Star Wars construction? Last night at MVMCP we were talking to several DHS cast members while in a line and they said Iger/Chapek are really pushing to get it open by Sept to goose the last month of their fiscal year.

Would these type of construction workers be used for Star Wars construction? Last night at MVMCP we were talking to several DHS cast members while in a line and they said Iger/Chapek are really pushing to get it open by Sept to goose the last month of their fiscal year.
Nooooooooooooooo!!! We're going in September specifically to avoid the opening of SWGE! If the anticipated date changes I can see me changing the date of our trip also. I don't want to be anywhere in the state of FL when SWGE opens!

No usually different companies work on Theme Park Attractions vs. resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter