News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right .. but why are they doing things like shutting down Pizza Rizzos and refurbing the Star Wars store NOW (rather than in 12-18 months after SW:GE .. that is what is intriguing). From a business perspective I don't see why you refurb a Star Wars shop if it is going to just go away in a few years. *shrug* . maybe a few years life is long enough to warrant that cost?

Pizza Rizzos is closed because it was sparsely attended. As for Tattoine Traders, I'm assuming rehabbing the store can be done before SW:GE opens. They will go more bland, less SW and basically stage it out so that the refurb to whatever they do in the future will be quicker and easier. Might as well do it now when attendance is expected to be low and shave time off the back end when you expect crowds to be high and you are going to try and do a project quickly for once.

Just my guess. I expect Pizza Rizzo will be open a few times between now and when the Muppet Courtyard officially closes. But it is probably bleeding money, relatively speaking to the other restaurants in WDW, because of its location and generally poor reviews. So why have it open except when you absolutely need it?

Im already in the process of making Embroidered Patches for this years Traders Sam Mug, I will be there on the 20th, I hope it is still there, if not from what I am hearing this is one of the most limited mugs for Halloween that Traders Sams has released yet.

From what I can see here, Tatoonie Traders is already losing it's Star Wars feel with this latest refurb. Especially the 2 pillars that used to be attached to the droid factory. Wouldn't take much now to change it into whatever type of shop they want.

Weird that they emphasized watching college football with is being part of the NBA building.

Is it confirmed that this is replacing the NBA Experience? I would fully back that decision. I never thought the NBA Experience really fit the new vibe and culture they've created with Disney Springs.

Is it confirmed that this is replacing the NBA Experience? I would fully back that decision. I never thought the NBA Experience really fit the new vibe and culture they've created with Disney Springs.
No this will be part of the NBA Experience building not taking it over.

Pizza Rizzos is closed because it was sparsely attended. As for Tattoine Traders, I'm assuming rehabbing the store can be done before SW:GE opens. They will go more bland, less SW and basically stage it out so that the refurb to whatever they do in the future will be quicker and easier. Might as well do it now when attendance is expected to be low and shave time off the back end when you expect crowds to be high and you are going to try and do a project quickly for once.

Just my guess. I expect Pizza Rizzo will be open a few times between now and when the Muppet Courtyard officially closes. But it is probably bleeding money, relatively speaking to the other restaurants in WDW, because of its location and generally poor reviews. So why have it open except when you absolutely need it?
Seems reasonable. That is why I wasn't really that shocked with the initial announcement that Jedi Training would be cancelled .. probably an easy cost-cutting measure to let go several actors and cast members.

To clear everything up regarding new restaurant at Disney Springs. WDWNT just tweeted that Disney emailed them saying City Works (new restaurant) is in addition to NBA Experience dining venue. There original article on this new restaurant replacing NBA Experience dining was wrong. NBA Experience and City Works are 2 separate dining experiences.

To clear everything up regarding new restaurant at Disney Springs. WDWNT just tweeted that Disney emailed them saying City Works (new restaurant) is in addition to NBA Experience dining venue. There original article on this new restaurant replacing NBA Experience dining was wrong. NBA Experience and City Works are 2 separate dining experiences.

WDWNT jumped the gun and was wrong??? I’m shocked...

Yes but I believe they are still in the same structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter