News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think what they are doing over there is going to have anything to do with SW:GE. I think that whole area, from Indy to Muppets, is going to be shut down, including Star Tours, and a whole new IP based land will go there. SW:GE has an expansion pad. If they were going to include ST into that area, they would have done it from the get go. Indy no longer fits with the DHS theme. ST is in the wrong spot. Muppets are a hurting IP. That Muppets Courtyard is now an outdated dead end.

It's all going to go, eventually. The question is, what will take over that side and when. I don't know about the theme, but I'm guessing 12-18 months after SW:GE opens that will all start to shut down. ST and Muppets first, then Indy. DHS is not going to be 50% Star Wars. But something else is going to go there.

Truth is it doesn't have to be Star Wars. We are preoccupied with it because of Star Tours.
It also doesn't NEED to be physically connected directly to Star Wars. Could be a second world so to speak, with different access points to this separate star wars world. Easily could put some sort of fernicular or other transport connecting the two "worlds" with a Star Wars hotel.

It could also be as easy as belt tightening going into an expected slow period, before a hoped busy period. Mix in a few new monorail trains, and the stuff at DHS and AK start to make a bit more sense.

With Star Tours being a motion simulator ride they could re-theme the entire building and turn it in to a completely different attraction, not SW related at all.

I believe that is the going rumor/thought so far - that it will stay open for a while after Galaxy's Edge, as is ... and then have a new IP overlayed to it ... just no one knows what that would be - and I guess depends on what they are doing with that area: Will it be one new IP for that entire area (so taking over Muppets Courtyard and Echo Lake, etc.? ... would be expansion of Muppets? ... will that area continue to be multiple IPs and this is a new one just for that attraction? etc.

Also, nonsense to Star Wars people - how can you go from Darth Vader than back to the Podrace?!?!

The podrace and Naboo - while having occurred during the 1st prequel - still exist in the Universe after Episode 3. In fact, we don't know that podracing isn't still going on in Luke's time period just because he doesn't mention it. So having star tours visit these planet while saying that it's occurring "between episodes 3 and 4" is I think perfectly valid. It's not like we see Obi-wan and Padme standing in the crowd.

Truth is it doesn't have to be Star Wars. We are preoccupied with it because of Star Tours..

I agree they could change it. In fact, It would be awesome if they converted it to Body Wars from the old wonders of life! But the fact remains they are going to open this new land that is going to be marketed like crazy to Star Wars fans...it just seems hard to believe they are going to rip out/convert an existing Star Wars attraction just because it isn't linked to the new land. In fact, there's a good chance that the biggest complaint they'll get about the Star Wars land is that there isn't enough to do there.

There was suppose to be another phase of star wars development. Certainly, they'd have to consider the muppets courtyard and star tours as some low hanging fruit to add phase 2 to the project, even if not directly connected physically. There is a enough content in the Star Wars story to have a completely separate land that is star wars related, but not connected with the galaxy's edge. It would allow them to preserve the other building site that is in the corner near where galaxys edge meets toy story land.

I believe that is the going rumor/thought so far - that it will stay open for a while after Galaxy's Edge, as is ... and then have a new IP overlayed to it ... just no one knows what that would be - and I guess depends on what they are doing with that area: Will it be one new IP for that entire area (so taking over Muppets Courtyard and Echo Lake, etc.? ... would be expansion of Muppets? ... will that area continue to be multiple IPs and this is a new one just for that attraction? etc.

I'm still of the opinion they are going to retheme to Indy. It wouldn't be horribly difficult to retheme that area to Indy, with Muppets courtyard and Grand Ave being a University campus and the other area with Star Tours being a dig site or something... but who knows.
I would love to see a villians area. But I could also see them try to use new IP, either Marvel or Fox.

I agree that it would make for a cool concept, I just don't see how it logistically works. These were the best pictures I could find of the current built of that side of Galaxy's Edge, and you can see how the entrance from Grand avenue bends around towards the front of the land and then it is just showbuildings and walls in that back corner where you theoretically could have come around the back behind Mama Melrose, etc. via long exist path from Star Tours ... so just don't see how you could get into the land from that
Good images ..
The only thing I can think of is .. is that rock wall with trees on it, above the entrance tunnel (immediately behind Muppets) hollow? Maybe there is an entrance tunnel in there hidden away. Could it dump out to that area just next to the muppets exit (where a fake building facade remains?) That area seems to be able to connect into SWGE. Fun to speculate.

Would be a lot easier if they had just decided to demolish Muppets courtyard altogether and connect Star Tours that way.

But the question remains is where/how will Star Wars hotel guests immersively enter SWGE?

I just don't think what they are doing over there is going to have anything to do with SW:GE. I think that whole area, from Indy to Muppets, is going to be shut down, including Star Tours, and a whole new IP based land will go there. SW:GE has an expansion pad. If they were going to include ST into that area, they would have done it from the get go. Indy no longer fits with the DHS theme. ST is in the wrong spot. Muppets are a hurting IP. That Muppets Courtyard is now an outdated dead end.

It's all going to go, eventually. The question is, what will take over that side and when. I don't know about the theme, but I'm guessing 12-18 months after SW:GE opens that will all start to shut down. ST and Muppets first, then Indy. DHS is not going to be 50% Star Wars. But something else is going to go there.
Right .. but why are they doing things like shutting down Pizza Rizzos and refurbing the Star Wars store NOW (rather than in 12-18 months after SW:GE .. that is what is intriguing). From a business perspective I don't see why you refurb a Star Wars shop if it is going to just go away in a few years. *shrug* . maybe a few years life is long enough to warrant that cost?

Right .. but why are they doing things like shutting down Pizza Rizzos and refurbing the Star Wars store NOW (rather than in 12-18 months after SW:GE .. that is what is intriguing). From a business perspective I don't see why you refurb a Star Wars shop if it is going to just go away in a few years. *shrug* . maybe a few years life is long enough to warrant that cost?
The answer to that one is that it's budget cuts, reactive to a down period of attendance and a large contract looming (monorail trains).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter