News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

For those Swolphin stayers and off-site Marriott stayers...

Next week will finally see an announcement of the merger of both Marriott Rewards and SPG rewards programs.

New teirs/qualifications here.

Looks like will be effective August.

TLDR version:

1- SPG program lovers will hate losing ability to get next teir based on "stays". Only # of nights will qualify.
2- Expanding on both programs, adding a 4th teir called "Platinum Premeir" also, a 5th "Ambassador" teir may be further defined but not certain, if not a 5th teir, will be merely an added title with a couple more benefits.
3- Expansion of free breakfast at more brands, but not clear on teir requirements to receive benefit, if any.
4- Gold level likely to lose complimentary lounge or club-level access as a benefit

News

For those Swolphin stayers and off-site Marriott stayers...

Next week will finally see an announcement of the merger of both Marriott Rewards and SPG rewards programs.

New teirs/qualifications here.

Looks like will be effective August.

TLDR version:

1- SPG program lovers will hate losing ability to get next teir based on "stays". Only # of nights will qualify.
2- Expanding on both programs, adding a 4th teir called "Platinum Premeir" also, a 5th "Ambassador" teir may be further defined but not certain, if not a 5th teir, will be merely an added title with a couple more benefits.
3- Expansion of free breakfast at more brands, but not clear on teir requirements to receive benefit, if any.
4- Gold level likely to lose complimentary lounge or club-level access as a benefit

I have a gazillion marriott points, no spg points. Eager to see how this shakes out. I'd like to do a husband/wife only trip to the epcot area. If this goes through, it would become a reality.

I agree on ABC Commisary. I've eaten there a couple times lately and it's been pretty good.

As for popcorn buckets, we use them like tupperware. I have nuts and such stored in our pantry with them. Now that doesn't include the Santa Mickey or the Mickey pumpkin. I used the Mickey Pumpkin on Halloween last year.

As for mugs, we keep bringing the current mug back and have them reset it instead of getting another one.

They can reset your mugs?! This is new to me...what do they charge for this as might be worth it for us to bring back one of our old mugs to use on our next trip.

Your luggage is already being taken by DME as you’re checking into the bus. If the yellow tags are on it you’re good to go.
If you're flying a non Disney affiliated airline, Frontier for example, do you collect your own bags, and if so, can they be put in the luggage compartment of the bus for the trip to WDW?

If you're flying a non Disney affiliated airline, Frontier for example, do you collect your own bags, and if so, can they be put in the luggage compartment of the bus for the trip to WDW?

If I can chime in, going to WDW Resorts doesn't matter for bags. If you yellow tag them-they will get to your room no matter what airline.

That way you can just head right to the ME buses (or taxi etc), after getting off the plane.

Last edited:
I have a gazillion marriott points, no spg points. Eager to see how this shakes out. I'd like to do a husband/wife only trip to the epcot area. If this goes through, it would become a reality.
If you have a gazillion Marriott points, you also have the equivalent to one third of a gazillion SPG points. Point transfers are 3 Marriot Points to one SPG point, and vice versa. That's how we landed a "free" 7 night stay at Dolphin next month.

Hmmm..interesting. We have had good fortune with DME and are often at our resort less than an hour after getting off the plane. You always feel that buzz of excitement on the DME bus. Plus we enjoy watching the arrival video on the bus I can't imagine paying $150 to get to resort 20 minutes earlier. DME is part of the experience. The last two trips out we stopped at Universal first (because we had APs there) and really missed the DME experience.

Now the return trip to the airport - we haven't done it yet, but I would consider substituting Uber for the DME. Still wouldn't spend $150.

Does that have to do with where you stay? We’ve stayed at mostly the EP/AK area hotels (CBR and AOA) and have been the first stops. We once stayed at OKW and had a few stops first, including POR and POFQ.

NEWS

Five Pixar Magic Bands released - interesting part is two of them (the Cars and the MU ones) do not feature the Mickey head in the "puck" but rather logos from those properties

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/...a-non-mickey-graphic-design-on-the-icon-puck/

example:
400020756473.7.png
I need that Toy Story band! Now to wait for free shipping, no minimum. lol

You are correct. Federal law trumps "at will" employment provisions. However, I don't understand the implicit claim being made that there is evidence of discrimination on the basis of membership in a protected class.

That wasn't even remotely what I was saying. It's only discrimination if there is evidence that the person was fired solely for being a member of a protected class.

Did you use EPCOT?

Haha. Yes, we were allowed to say Epcot. Although, there was always internal discussion over whether it had to be in all capital letters.

The other controversy was whether the name of the first park should have "The" in the title. I fall into the no "The" camp. Just Magic Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter