• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me but I like the way the that store looks, clean and polished. More modern and uncluttered. The way the current disney stores look make me think of the 90s where every rack is stuffed to the brim with merchandise. Nothing really stands out when there's so much stuff everywhere. Hopefully this is big enough for people to move around and actually browse.

Maybe it's just me but I like the way the that store looks, clean and polished. More modern and uncluttered. The way the current disney stores look make me think of the 90s where every rack is stuffed to the brim with merchandise. Nothing really stands out when there's so much stuff everywhere. Hopefully this is big enough for people to move around and actually browse.
I agree on this. I hate walking in to stores that don’t curate and properly merchandise their floor and when racks and shelving units are too close together it’s hard to shop.

I agree on this. I hate walking in to stores that don’t curate and properly merchandise their floor and when racks and shelving units are too close together it’s hard to shop.
I don't mind modern ways to showcase the merchandise and de-clutter. However I like the Disney feel of the store. The decor on the walls and ceilings help make the store unique. If it becomes an all white very clean and minimal decoration store it's going to feel like shopping in an Apple Store. That's not Disney.

Majority of the time modern makes me feel cold and less welcomed. I'd be less likely to spend much time shopping in there.

I do agree on being less cluttered but to me there's almost too much space in between certain displays and combined with a more sterile approach it just makes me want to get out as quick as possible or walking out after a very brief look.

Obviously though many companies are taking on a more modern approach to their looks.

Majority of the time modern makes me feel cold and less welcomed. I'd be less likely to spend much time shopping in there.

I do agree on being less cluttered but to me there's almost too much space in between certain displays and combined with a more sterile approach it just makes me want to get out as quick as possible or walking out after a very brief look.

Obviously though many companies are taking on a more modern approach to their looks.

Ha I guess that's the difference. I shop when I want something, I don't want to sound like a robot, but the only thing I want to "feel" is the freedom to look around without being bothered by salespeople. I do think part of the industrial look might be because it's temporary.

I don't mind modern ways to showcase the merchandise and de-clutter. However I like the Disney feel of the store. The decor on the walls and ceilings help make the store unique. If it becomes an all white very clean and minimal decoration store it's going to feel like shopping in an Apple Store. That's not Disney.

I wouldn't say it's quite like an apple store, those have next to no imagery, just the items out for display and a few racks toward the back for accessories. Maybe some of the large versions of print ads on the wall near the correponding items. These pictures show a decent amount of mickey and minnie paintings (with red/black to pop) and the standups for the princesses which also catch the eye. The reason they use the white is so that the color from the items stand out. It's more of a blank slate, white space form of design. It draws your eyes more to the items and the background fades away. It seems more like IKEA to me, in the areas that are not the room samples.

Ha I guess that's the difference. I shop when I want something, I don't want to sound like a robot, but the only thing I want to "feel" is the freedom to look around without being bothered by salespeople. I do think part of the industrial look might be because it's temporary.
To the bolded that's a big thing for me as well.

The thing that stood out to me actually was just how 'uncluttered' it appears. I thought "what a waste of space, where's all the merchandise?" Seems like very little merchandise available in store, everything being pushed to websites and apps for purchases. I can do that from home, if I'm on vacation and taking the time to walk into a store I want to be able to touch things and try them on and fully experience the stuff. I don't like the modern, loft look. But I'm a fairly old school millennial, so I guess send me back to the 90s, lol.

The thing that stood out to me actually was just how 'uncluttered' it appears. I thought "what a waste of space, where's all the merchandise?" Seems like very little merchandise available in store, everything being pushed to websites and apps for purchases. I can do that from home, if I'm on vacation and taking the time to walk into a store I want to be able to touch things and try them on and fully experience the stuff. I don't like the modern, loft look. But I'm a fairly old school millennial, so I guess send me back to the 90s, lol.

We're likely the same age then, but I don't think it's a generational thing. I was raised in a minimalist household and really am drawn to spaces that are similar.

I get that ... I think ideally it would be something inbetween. The current way could be congested and almost overwhelming but this new one (and they new design for the Disney Stores in malls) feels cold to me - I am ok with less "stuff" but need the warmth and not that it is just some racks in a NYC loft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter