News Round Up 2016

Of note - the Disney Parks blog also announces Marvel Land (without saying that is what it is). First I've seen a formal acknowledgement.

Yeah, I'd love to know what the other plans are. Probably a Ironman clone and something Spidey related.

No Iron Man clone as of yet. Spiderman isn't in the works either. Last I heard... Captain America...

That would make sense, Cap is under utilized outside of the movie universe. I have heard Antman may be coming to a different park.

Pandora is in his park though and he got a bit more free reign with that. AK will forever be his baby.

I agree with it being his park, but I know for a fact that he wasn't happy with the Pandora addition. The problem really wasn't the addition it was the control of the project given to Cameron who doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to timeliness and concrete decision making.

I agree with it being his park, but I know for a fact that he wasn't happy with the Pandora addition. The problem really wasn't the addition it was the control of the project given to Cameron who doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to timeliness and concrete decision making.
He seems happier now though with the amount of detail being put into this and how it fits thematically. I would agree though that Cameron can be problematic.

I'm not even mad. As long as the DHS version, which is superior, remains intact (which I believe it certainly will), this is not an issue for me. It makes sense to take advantage of Marvel in CA.

Not necessarily blaming Joe Rhode but as I watch the video it sounds more and more like the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Literally just build your own ride ANY ride instead of cannibalizing a ride already there. We'll see what happens but I really don't know how this is gonna work out

Polarizing because they're getting rid of ToT? Because they're bringing Marvel into the parks?

Loss of ToT. Although it was not an original attraction from Walt, it's one of the more iconic rides Disney has at any of it's parks. People are not gonna be happy to lose it

I really wonder how Joe Rohde feels about this. He's been pushed to do this for sure but he can't do much about that. I'd love to hear his honest take.
these posts bug me, sorry @rteetz
we dont know how he really feels so there is no reason to speculate. The same things were said about avatar and Joe.
To me its seems people who already have a bias toward this project go and assume based on their frame of reference that he must not like it. the reality is we dont know how he feels

thats interesting, i hadnt heard that one, thanks

Not necessarily blaming Joe Rhode but as I watch the video it sounds more and more like the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Literally just build your own ride ANY ride instead of cannibalizing a ride already there. We'll see what happens but I really don't know how this is gonna work out
agreed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter