NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

I am aware that the town of Hoonah is close by.

But ISP is CLEARLY manufactured and just looks cheap IMHO. Wasted day of a cruise as far as I'm concerned.
IMHO - you could've done something (like whale watching) that would've been a good use of your time.

Unfortunately they are probably correct. The double dip cruises are at a premium do to popularity.
I'm trying to convince my husband to move away from those for that reason. Either a 4 night with the sea day, or maybe the 5 night from Miami. We want to do a cruise with family where it would be the three kids (DH and his brothers), their SOs, and the parents, with the kids splitting most of the parents trip costs. Only MIL has cruised before besides us (we just did a 3 night last Sept as part of our honeymoon). I think everyone will have sticker shock :)
But we have to work around teacher schedules.

Really?? Dont think it would be better bang for your buck. $7500 for an inside room for 3 people for an 11 night Iceland-Norway cruise seems like a good deal compared to ABD prices! An 8 night Norway ABD for 3 people (2adults, 1 child) would be $18,000.

I'm with you, PixieDust. Other people have said this to me -- that ABD is a better deal than DCL. I just don't see it. In fact, DCL seems like quite a bargain in comparison. : )

We’re looking at the 6-day Mexico Fantasy one as well. I’m wondering how in demand it will be being the only such itinerary and over the 4th. I’m gold and can book Tuesday, but my regular TA is on vacation so I’m not sure what service I’ll get from someone else at the agency. I’m afraid we may get put on the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
Just an FYI. Ncl is offering 1 dollar deposits until Monday. If you not happy with DCLs prices in Europe. You may want to check the out.

Just got back dates from BIL... he's a teacher... was hoping for something like the start/end date of the school year...

Instead I got a 20 day span in June. :badpc:

Honestly I am not sure how popular that port was... I do think earlier August will be more popular since some schools go back in late August. Here in Oregon we start right after labor day, so August 26th would probably be too tight for a lot of folks.

This is the one I want a quote on. We did the same week in August 2017 and it worked perfectly for us - our kids go back the day after labour day too but we live in Vancouver so it was just good for us all around. This time DH and I are hoping to go solo as our 15th wedding anniversary August 2019 as well :thumbsup2

The July 27th S. Carib. has my attention ... dates totally work ... hope pricing does too! (I know it will be high, just hoping not too high.)

Yeah we had wanted that day then looked at the historical and. Just can’t justify $17-20k for two cabins. Sigh.

Was excited to see pricing out for summer. After an hour long conversation with my mom we decided on the 6/17/19 Eastern. This will be my family's first cruise (my second) and my parents first Disney cruise. They have sailed some other cruise lines and I think they will have some sticker shock. They are hoping to get a room for themselves and then one for my brother and my oldest who will be 19 then. Then we'll get a room for us and the two little kids. Won't know for sure though until pricing is out.

So happy the itineraries are out. I cannot wait to book on Wednesday!!! It'll either be the 10 night Med for us (thrilled they're going back to Corsica again) or the 7 night repositional from Barcelona to Dover for us :tink:

Can someone help guide me a bit? We're looking at some of the Caribbean cruises on the Fantasy, the one that leaves on the 10th (Eastern) and the one that leaves on the 17th (Western). Do you think one over the other will be significantly different in price? We're all adults in a room (3 or 4). We're also toying with the idea of checking out that Magic cruise on the 18th from Dover. But we're totally newbie cruisers (we booked a 3 day Bahamas on a whim last year and enjoyed it so much we just booked placeholders) and so I don't even know how to look up historic prices AND we're clueless on decks, etc.

What do you think? Will any of these be significantly less or more than the others? And how on earth do you decide ANYTHING with so many choices??

A bit disappointed that the Northern European itineraries are all in late summer when we can't travel. I say "a bit" disappointed because this way at least I won't have to worry about paying for a European cruise for another year at least.

As have I, but no two trips are alike.

That is fine. You are entitled to think ISP is fantastic. I am entitled to not like it and avoid it.

Differences are what makes the world go round.

My original post was in response to someone asking what people didn't like about it.

Can someone help guide me a bit? We're looking at some of the Caribbean cruises on the Fantasy, the one that leaves on the 10th (Eastern) and the one that leaves on the 17th (Western). Do you think one over the other will be significantly different in price? We're all adults in a room (3 or 4). We're also toying with the idea of checking out that Magic cruise on the 18th from Dover. But we're totally newbie cruisers (we booked a 3 day Bahamas on a whim last year and enjoyed it so much we just booked placeholders) and so I don't even know how to look up historic prices AND we're clueless on decks, etc.

What do you think? Will any of these be significantly less or more than the others? And how on earth do you decide ANYTHING with so many choices??

When I want to look up the past year pricing, I go to cruisefish.net. There are the opening day prices plus sequential price increases for the cabins on the sailings for the year.

When I'm deciding, I look at time and place. When can I cruise and where do I want to go? Factor in the budget and that really helps narrow down the decisions. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the Dover cruise will be more expensive than the Caribbean and there won't be big differences between Easter and Western.

There are cabin reports here on the dis as well as other websites AND you'll usually get some helpful advice on this board if you post a thread with a question such as Fantasy Deck 8 or 9, which is better? or something like that. It seems like a lot of information to figure out but there are also many people who are willing to help and have lots of experience making these decisions. Have fun planning :)

It will be several thousand dollars more. I guess it depends on how much you enjoy sitting out in the cold. The only time I spent outside on that cruise was too run around deck 4.
Several thousand more pp? Thanks for any insight.

Also asked for 19th and 25th... We are gold now.
But TA is making me choose one saying price can go up right away.... aahhh! How can I choose one not knowing the price first ;)

Can you let her know Monday evening after you see if there are any quotes up for either date?

I just prioritized my list (I have 9 I'm interested in). I emailed my TA again and said I'm on a forum where people report in pricing they're getting, so I'll likely know for at least some if they're out of reach and if it's ok, I'll get her a "Top 3 or 4" by 5pm Tuesday (I'm Silver) of the ones I sent her. Then I have given her the go-ahead that if any of them (in priority order) are such that the amount I've already put towards my scheduled one in Feb would cover the deposit, she can move that money to a new booking and let the Feb one go (at least for now). I'm hoping that will make it easier on her!

Doesn't anyone know if prices can go up within hours for some sailings?
I sent my TA a couple of cruises to price out (mid to late August Alaska) and she came back asking which one I want most saying price could change from the time she is on the phone with DCL until I decide (which would be same day)..
Kind of hard to decide not knowing the pricing... but is this really the case?
If she calls in and gives me the price let's say 10 am and I say 11 am ok book it, the price could have gone up already?
I am not trying to question TA's knowledge but just wondering if you've experienced this?
You can put a hold on more than one cruise. You have 3 days to decide and pay the deposit. Your TA should be putting holds on whatever cruises you may be interested in you. If she can't do that find a new TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter