"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

Okay, I guess Lucas is a freak. He is constantly bringing us his shoes, but we only ever put them on when we're leaving the house. Even if he won't be walking, we put on his shoes.
Socks stay on his feet. We actually have to take them off because he slips and slides all over down here and was constantly falling down. I bought him a pair of puppy dog slippers to wear instead (with the grips on the bottom) and he's happy. He leaves them on.

His sandals over the summer were a different story. He always wanted to wear them but I think the sound the velcro made when you pulled it open was too intriguing to him because he constantly took them off, then he'd hand them to you to put back on. We weren't sad at all when he outgrew them. He has a pair of Stride Rite tennis shoes now, I think they're called Brayden. He loves them!

I have no insight on socks becuase none of Brynn's socks are actually small enough to fit on her feet. I do have a question.... Does anyone really like their stroller? I feel like I need something that is a little heavier duty then what I have now... Any advice?

Lauren, I have a Chicco Cortina that I got on clearance before Elliott was bone (clearanced because the colors were discontinued). I love it! Super easy to open and close, seat adjusts really easy, handle adjusts (which was huge for us, because I am 5'4" and DH is 6'1").

I have no insight on socks becuase none of Brynn's socks are actually small enough to fit on her feet. I do have a question.... Does anyone really like their stroller? I feel like I need something that is a little heavier duty then what I have now... Any advice?

What do you mean by heavy duty? What do you want to use it for?

I love my Mac Quest. We use it for everything. If I wanted something more for jogging or off road, I'd get a Baby Jogger City Mini, but it's not much sturdier than the Mac and I'm kind of jokingly saying off road! :thumbsup2

ETA: I forgot how little Brynn is! lol We used the stupid travel system until she was around 6 months or so, I think...but she was big at 6 months. Just make sure what you get has a bit of a recline, cuz you're going to want that for a while.

We have the evenflo aura and we love it! It has the one hand steer and ine hand fold very nice & easy!
2m4anuq.jpg

We use a Peg Perego Pliko Switch that has been just awesome.

Sarah can sit all the way up, lay all the way down, or recline. The seat reverses super easily so she can either be facing you or facing forward. It's not heavy and is easy to maneuver and fold.

As far as socks go, I bought some last year either at Kohl's or WalMart that were kick proof. The actually stayed on. Natalie was always kicking off her socks. I have not tried putting socks on her this summer, to hot here. Now shoes, she now loves. We put her shoes on when we go outside and she LOVES to be outside. Before she was actually walking, she would take off her shoes as soon as I put them on her.

Katie only wears socks and shoes to daycare or church. The only shoes she will tolerate are the soft ones from Walmart. They had them clearanced the other day for $4, so I went ahead and bought some in size 6. She is still in size 5 now. She hates anything on her feet.

She loves to play with my shoes though, and hides her daddy's!:)

We use a Peg Perego Pliko Switch that has been just awesome.

Sarah can sit all the way up, lay all the way down, or recline. The seat reverses super easily so she can either be facing you or facing forward. It's not heavy and is easy to maneuver and fold.

We have this stroller (as well as an older model that is very similar, the Peg Perego Centro Completo) and LOVE it. I really can't say anything bad about it. I love that Scarlett can face us, that it fully reclines, has a huge canopy so she is covered from the sun, and the best feature (for me, since I have older kids) is that there's the standing board on the back for one of my other kids to ride on. It also folds easily and compactly.

The sock thing, well, living in AZ now, we never puts socks on the baby. In DC though, before we moved and the weather was still chilly, we put socks and Robeez on her to keep the socks on.

Sarah is ten months old (in a few days) and loves MM Clubhouse. She always crawl dances to the hotdog song. In fact, her first (and favorite) word was 'hotdog'.

We took her on a long Disney cruise and to Paris Disneyland when she was about seven months old. She loved the characters on the boat, but Paris and DLP were super hot, so we only hit the highlights.

Which cruise were you on? We did the 12 night Baltic on July 6th and I loved it. In 2007, we did the 10 night Med cruise ad a week in DLP when my older kids were 3yo and 11 months. It was great, but the cruise portion was insanely hot and DLP was freezing. So cold we actually had to buy clothes and coats there. And it was late July! Totally unexpected as the Med ports were easily all over 95 degrees.

Hello!

I just found this thread. I had been thinking that it would be nice if there were some sort of thread for mothers with babies and here it is.:)

I have two little boys, Carter and Landon. Carter is one-and-a-half and Landon is five months. Does having a five month old still qualify as a newest mom?

My boys have already been on their first Disney trip. Landon was six weeks. Yes, we were probably crazy to take a newborn and a toddler, as many people informed us. We actually had one lady at the park tell us we must be very brave or very foolish, which I chose to find amusing and not insulting. It was actually a really fun trip and I'd happily do it again.

We currently have a Chicco Cortina and it’s great, but I’m scared that the city sidewalks are going to kill it! I’m not looking for something to go off-roading in, but I would like something with bigger tires that can handle the pot-hole ridden sidewalks of Chicago!
I was leaning towards a City Select by Baby Jogger or a Vista by Uppa Baby. We’re going ‘test driving’ this afternoon…. Thanks for the advice!

Does having a five month old still qualify as a newest mom?

Welcome PirateKate! :) My "babies" are already 14 months old (only 12 adjustedd age tho) & are full fledged toddlers & I'm still here. No plans to leave either. :laughing:

I'm hoping to be able to plan the twins first (ex-utero) trip for June 2011. We had taken ODS to WDW every year from 2006, so having missed 2010 -- well we're all feeling & missing it.

Ahhhh!! Crazy week upcoming for us!! We are moving!!! DH was gone this weekend for National Guard, so my goal was to get some packing done. Wan't able to get to a thing! I put in a few hours at work on Saturday, DS10 had a football game Saturday night, Sunday morning was church, and Elliott was not in the mood to take naps. DH was frustrated, until I told him to try and pack something with Elliott right next to him. Took him 5 minutes before he said "Oh, I see what you mean" :lmao:

Ahhhh!! Crazy week upcoming for us!! We are moving!!! DH was gone this weekend for National Guard, so my goal was to get some packing done. Wan't able to get to a thing! I put in a few hours at work on Saturday, DS10 had a football game Saturday night, Sunday morning was church, and Elliott was not in the mood to take naps. DH was frustrated, until I told him to try and pack something with Elliott right next to him. Took him 5 minutes before he said "Oh, I see what you mean" :lmao:

Lol we're going through the same thing we close on our house tomorrow!! :cool1: And move in on friday, I had my mom come on saturday to help us and we were able to pack up all of Logan's room, the kitchen, and the living room :) And on sunday we just to do our room well DH wasn't into it and wanted to go some where so it left me to do most of it. Hope you get everything done in time and congratulations on your new house!! :flower3:

We went to a birthday party on Saturday for one of dh's good friends little boy. He was turning one. Such a cute little guy! Anyways, I made him a Mickey Mouse bowling shirt, and they LOVED it! One if dh's other friends saw it, and him and his partner have a six week old baby girl the had through a surrogate.. Seriously.. OMG!! The cutest baby I think I have ever seen. :love: They saw the shirt, and they looked through our photo album from WDW, and they want me to make some clothes for their baby, and PAY me for it!!:scared1::cool1::cool1: How flipping cool is that?? Im so excited! Dh told me I should think about selling the stuff I make, but I was like.. Whatever, no one wants this stuff! But they do! He thinks I could get my own little business going! :goodvibes

We currently have a Chicco Cortina and it’s great, but I’m scared that the city sidewalks are going to kill it! I’m not looking for something to go off-roading in, but I would like something with bigger tires that can handle the pot-hole ridden sidewalks of Chicago!
I was leaning towards a City Select by Baby Jogger or a Vista by Uppa Baby. We’re going ‘test driving’ this afternoon…. Thanks for the advice!

Did you get anything? Those are perfect choices!

We went to a birthday party on Saturday for one of dh's good friends little boy. He was turning one. Such a cute little guy! Anyways, I made him a Mickey Mouse bowling shirt, and they LOVED it! One if dh's other friends saw it, and him and his partner have a six week old baby girl the had through a surrogate.. Seriously.. OMG!! The cutest baby I think I have ever seen. :love: They saw the shirt, and they looked through our photo album from WDW, and they want me to make some clothes for their baby, and PAY me for it!!:scared1::cool1::cool1: How flipping cool is that?? Im so excited! Dh told me I should think about selling the stuff I make, but I was like.. Whatever, no one wants this stuff! But they do! He thinks I could get my own little business going! :goodvibes

From what I have seen you make, I totally think you should sell it. Boutique kids clothes are HUGE right now. You could open an Etsy store.

Hi all. DH and I leave on Wed. for Disneyland (yipee) but I am a bit nervous about leaving Natalie this time. Ever since her 1 day at Mother's Day Out 2 weeks ago she has been SUPER clingy. If I am out of sight she cries Mommy, even if DH has her. I feel so bad for her and I am mad at myself for sending her there. My parents are going to watch her and we will be gone for 4 nights. Any hints to help her thru this? She is almost 15 months and I know this is really common at this age but any tips would help. Thanks :thumbsup2

Hi all. DH and I leave on Wed. for Disneyland (yipee) but I am a bit nervous about leaving Natalie this time. Ever since her 1 day at Mother's Day Out 2 weeks ago she has been SUPER clingy. If I am out of sight she cries Mommy, even if DH has her. I feel so bad for her and I am mad at myself for sending her there. My parents are going to watch her and we will be gone for 4 nights. Any hints to help her thru this? She is almost 15 months and I know this is really common at this age but any tips would help. Thanks :thumbsup2

Agh! I'm no help. Lily is always clingy.

She will be okay. She will have fun. She will be happy to see you when you get back! :thumbsup2

Lily gets upset when I leave, but she gets distracted by her caregiver and is totally fine within minutes. Whatever Natalie loves best (besides you) is what they should distract her with. Lily loves to read, so she goes to her reading chair. Sometimes they come outside and wave while I pull away and then maybe take a walk or do something fun out there.

:hug:

Did you get anything? Those are perfect choices!

From what I have seen you make, I totally think you should sell it. Boutique kids clothes are HUGE right now. You could open an Etsy store.

We did. After spending WAY to much time at BuyBuy Baby debating options we opted for the City Select by Baby Jogger! They didn't have the color I wanted in stock, so they ordered it and it should be here tomorrow along with a few accessories. I'm really looking forward to using it!
The only problem is that I still have strollers on the brain so I am still looking at every stroller that goes by me.... I'm like that with purchases, I look and look, and then after I make a decision I still can't help but look! I've done that after car purchases and even after we bought our house... It's sick really!

I second this! People are willing to pay for cute, original kids clothing, myself included!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter