Newbies in WDW

toottifruitti

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, we've just returned to Australia from WDW. First thing I want to say is, it was hot and sunny. Being from the sun cancer capital of the world I'm amazed that there were hardly any adults and children wearing hats or sunscreen. We have a slogan here in Australia ......Slip (slip on a t-shirt) Slop (slop on some sunscreen) Slap (slap on a hat). So people look after your skin and your children's skin. Now my community message is finished on with my report.
As I said we live in temperatures much the same as Orlando BUT we don't go out to theme parks in them we stay indoors in air conditioning. In saying that the first couple of days we ventured out to DHS and to the Star Wars weekend. It was great to see the stars of Star Wars in the motorcade. We went on all the rides and also my DS had the chance to fight Darth Vader in the Jedi Training Academy. We were staying off site so we caught the shuttle to and from the park. Next day we went to AK. Same caught shuttle and then caught shuttle back to AKL then onto DTD where we had dinner at the T-Rex. Absolutely fabulous! Everyone had a ball. Caught taxi back to our hotel. DH was so frustrated in waiting for shuttles the next day we decided to hire a car. That way we could come and go as we pleased on not depend on shuttles which by the way were always crowded.
Day 4 we had a break from Disney and drove to Tampa what a pretty place then onto St Petersburg.
Day 5 shopping to start with then back to the parks. This time to MK. we saw the evening light parade......just beautiful then the fireworks. Disney just knows how to do fireworks.
Day 6 Another break from Disney and up to the Kennedy Space Centre. I thought this is going to be BORRRING but to my surprise 7 1/2 hours later I didn't want to leave. I remember as a child watching space rockets going into space then man landing on the moon then the space shuttles and NOW I'm actually at the place all this started. WoW.
Day 7 Another break from Disney and we were off to Daytona. It reminded me of Surfers Paradise here in Queensland. Then we found this magical place called St Augustine. I loved it. So old. Old forts. Horse and carts. Old ships. Fabulous.
Day 8 More shopping at the outlets and Florida Mall then onto Epcot.
All in All we had a fabulous time in Florida and hope to come back soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter