New York, New Jersey, Connecticut -----> Florida?

NJ is beginning stage 2 on June 15th. Numbers are significantly down... Our town no new cases for days... Our neighboring towns are reporting 0 cases for a few days and then will have 1 or 2. It really depends on the area you live. The counties closer to NYC have more cases than our area. I am hoping the FL order is lifted and their cases start going down. The number of new cases there are actually a lot higher than ours at the moment.
Phase 2 on Long Island, where I am, starts tomorrow.

We're almost 2 hours north of NYC-we started phase 2 yesterday. I did a different post about this-thought we were fortunate since we were renting DVC and had our park tickets already-totally forgot about this quarantine! We don't go until mid August, but have to be honest, I am concerned-what if he extends it again? UGH!

Also wanted to mention, people are saying about flying out of Philadelphia, but couldn't you get to Disney or Universal, and then they would quarantine you when they see where you live-I just wouldn't take that chance.

I hope they are lifted for our trip in late October. I would love to book airfare soon :rolleyes:

No worries- DeSantis wants to hold Republican convention- for that he will lift all restrictions. This order is absolutely crazy. I was to go at end of June out of Buffalo (7 hours away) and cancelled due to quarantine. However; just make sure you do not fly out of one of those states.

Also wanted to mention, people are saying about flying out of Philadelphia, but couldn't you get to Disney or Universal, and then they would quarantine you when they see where you live-I just wouldn't take that chance.
Perhaps... but, once again, unless you actually fly out of those states (which would prove you were in those states that day—and at that Disney would only know you flew that day if you went on their ME or did something else which required Disney to know your flight info) how does Disney know whether or not you have all ready been out of state for quarantine period or not. Bottom line is I think it is up to everyone to be smart about whether they should be visiting the resort or not as I do not think that Disney will just completely dis-allow people from those states on property/into hotels. I think they may ask if you have visited/been in or through the states within the last 14 days. At that point, it is up to the individual. COULD Disney refuse to let anyone from NY/NJ/CT into a resort... I suppose they could (not sure how that works legally when you are a private business as far as just saying such and such group of people cannot come flat out), but I don’t think that they would... I think they will depend on people making judgments about answering such questions.

I know Disney is just trying to figure out how to work with the EO, but forget even the other states that aren’t involved in the EO... proof that the order is really pointless now... FL rates of infection are getting worse than the the states it restricts. It’s probably a greater chance of a FL resident bringing infection (certainly not any different that ANY other state including the tri states) to the resort. Disney has to work as best they can with the FL “law”, but they would be better off not allowing anybody to come if keeping the virus out as much as possible was the true goal.

Interesting data point from the Department of Defense which has placed tight restrictions on non-essential military travel. They recently cleared 39 stated for travel in and out, including NY, CT, DC, and TX, but not NJ, FL, or CA. Civil service employees remain under travel restrictions based on these guidelines as well, but decisions are often being left up to individual the commands. This is NOT to say that the FL governor would draw the same designations, but just another factor in the decision-making process.

Overall I am appalled by the lack of data and common sense underpinning these designations. Have you seen what is happening in TX? I'm more concerned that FL would ban travel from here than NY next month.

CT phase 2 reopening now set for June 17. Not sure of phase 2 dates NY/NJ, but curious what effect this has on FL restriction for CT when we reach that date, if anything.
Phase 2 for NJ is already starting on June 15th for things like daycares and outdoor dining, and June 22nd for swiming pools, barbershops, more stores.
I have a trip planned for August 29th, while I feel like the ban will be lifted by then (NJ has been declining for new cases and deaths for several weeks now and I live in a suburban area over an hour away from NYC and Philly) I am worried about the final payment due date. If I'm expected to pay for the trip, but then DeSantis doesn't allow NJians to come to Florida by that payment date how will I know what to do?

i live in nj and see this as such a foolish order, desantis should have just prohibited travel from everywhere in the united states if he wanted to keep his state "corona-free". even then, it would be impossible to prevent new cases emerging in florida considering it's the summer and everyone i know in florida are hitting the beaches now.

Interesting data point from the Department of Defense which has placed tight restrictions on non-essential military travel. They recently cleared 39 stated for travel in and out, including NY, CT, DC, and TX, but not NJ, FL, or CA. Civil service employees remain under travel restrictions based on these guidelines as well, but decisions are often being left up to individual the commands. This is NOT to say that the FL governor would draw the same designations, but just another factor in the decision-making process.

Overall I am appalled by the lack of data and common sense underpinning these designations. Have you seen what is happening in TX? I'm more concerned that FL would ban travel from here than NY next month.

Odd that NJ is not on the cleared list, it meets all their criteria:
"Local shelter-in-place orders have been lifted, whether there has been a 14-day downward trend of either flu-like or COVID-like symptom reports, and whether there has been a similar two-week downward trend in confirmed diagnoses of COVID-19"

Must just be a delay in refreshing the list because places that have major outbreaks are still on it - like AZ, TX, etc.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...fted-by-dod-at-these-states-and-host-nations/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter