New Vacation Magic Magazine Cover Story

Dis13

Mouseketeer
I just received the the May Vacation Magic Email. The new magazine is being mailed soon, and they gave a little teaser...

"We don't want to give away the cover story and overarching theme, so let's just say it promises to be love at first sight."

What do you think the new cover story will be?

I just received the the May Vacation Magic Email. The new magazine is being mailed soon, and they gave a little teaser...

"We don't want to give away the cover story and overarching theme, so let's just say it promises to be love at first sight."

What do you think the new cover story will be?

I think the operative word in that teaser is "Overarching". Hmm...what could that be? Maybe a cover story on the CRV resort to coincide with an official announcement? Hmm... :rolleyes1

It could be most anything...maybe a piece on Disney Weddings at DVC resorts?

Or maybe new "Destinations" like St. Louis (arch) or Niagara Falls (love/honeymmon destination)

Let's (try to) think about this logically.

What are the possible reasons for withholding the topic of the cover story?
1. It will be the subject of a formal announcement not yet made.
2. It can only be properly told in a magazine article; an email won't do it justice.

What kind of a cover story could form an "overarching theme" for an entire issue?
1. One that makes a pun on the word "overarching".
2. One that is news of great importance to the DVC program.

What possible cover story could justify the phrase "love at first sight"?
1. An object or person that has not previously been seen (at least by most readers).
2, An object or person that could induce a high level of affection in DVC owners. :love:

I'm sorry people but this just screams "CRV!!". I don't see any other solution other than a different new resort.

Ohhhh, I hope you're right!

(although DH is going to strangle me for adding on at AKV and not waiting like he wanted to... :lmao: )

They also showed a picture of the existing CR while it was under construction (further down, in the article about Seven Seas Lagoon). Not that it means anything...

Sorry, but I think making the declaration "love at first sight" about the Contemporary is a little too boastful for Disney--particularly when applied to the least-themed resort on property.

Besides, planning a cover story on a not-yet-announced project is a pretty big risk. Even if VM were timed to be mailed after a press release, any number of things could happen to derail that announcement. If memory serves, we got two issues of VM before AKV was addressed.

I think the wedding theory is a good one. Could also have something to do with the Flower & Garden Fest.

I think it might have something to do with the making the Disney Weddings available to same sex couples.

While the wedding idea seems likely, I don't think they'd theme the issue on same-sex marriage since that's quite a volatile subject for many. Perhaps it's Disney weddings and their new line of Disney dresses for Brides.

I hope it's just not about the upcoming Pixar movie, WALL-E. He's cute, but....

Let's (try to) think about this logically.

What are the possible reasons for withholding the topic of the cover story?
1. It will be the subject of a formal announcement not yet made.
2. It can only be properly told in a magazine article; an email won't do it justice.

What kind of a cover story could form an "overarching theme" for an entire issue?
1. One that makes a pun on the word "overarching".
2. One that is news of great importance to the DVC program.

What possible cover story could justify the phrase "love at first sight"?
1. An object or person that has not previously been seen (at least by most readers).
2, An object or person that could induce a high level of affection in DVC owners. :love:

I'm sorry people but this just screams "CRV!!". I don't see any other solution other than a different new resort.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
When I read this all I keep thinking about is my local news... "Coming up after the break is the most stupendous, controversial, amazing, shocking story you have ever heard... Don't go ANYWHERE!"

Of course, after the break they come back and say "Well, Sam was awarded Sportscaster of the week... isn't that fabulous?" :scared1:

So I'll add to your list from above:
It could be:
They are redoing the magazine style. They think you'll Love the new look at first sight. They included a fabulous new "arch" logo. And they don't want anyone to see it until they are ready to unleash it upon the world...

Not to be a spoiled sport - but - it honestly could leave us all screaming if we expect it to be something we consider worthy! :eek: :eek:

Chris

P.S. pixiedust:pixiedust:
With that said... Here's hoping its a C shaped building attached to the contemporary with DVC rooms in it...
pixiedust:pixiedust:

With that said... Here's hoping its a C shaped building attached to the contemporary with DVC rooms in it...

I hope you don't mind if I change my dream to an attractive building attached to the CR with DVC rooms in it. :thumbsup2

I hope you don't mind if I change my dream to an attractive building attached to the CR with DVC rooms in it. :thumbsup2

:dance3: Its all good. Heck, I'd take converted rooms in the existing CR!

Just don't make us wait anymore... ahem... hehe hehe :scared: :scared:

Chris

Hi Could someone please email me a copy of the new vacation magic email...I goofed :eek: and accidently deleted it this morning. Thanks!
itallspends@neo.rr.com

I don't know how to post links and such, but...
You can probably go to you deleted mail and retreive it since it was only this morning. Good luck!

It's probably another new sign they are putting up with a big arch to it advertising the best kept secret in WDW. :rolleyes:

I don't know how to post links and such, but...
You can probably go to you deleted mail and retreive it since it was only this morning. Good luck!
Nope....my deleted email is automatically emptied when I "Log-Off".... thanks for the suggestion though.

Remember when they were saying "Guess whose dreams are coming true?" and we were all like "Oooo...mine mine!!" And then they premiered those photographs of celebrities in Disney garb?

Yeah, it's probably that anti-climactic......

Or maybe new "Destinations" like St. Louis (arch)

Oh, great. :rolleyes:

:lmao:

I agree that there's no way they'd use VM to make a major announcement like a new resort. It's just not a timely enough vehicle.

As for overarching, I much prefer "underarching", as in "let's go under this arch!".

wl1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter