• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Twilight Thread: Forks or La Push? Hmmmmmm....

Ok so i am just starting to read twilight and I think it is going to be a good book!!!:) popcorn::

Ya know. I'm liking Jacob more and more as I read New Moon. I like how you can picture his developtment from page to page. At first, he seemed like a regular sophomore kid. And as the book goes on you can see how he's turning more into the Jacob we all know.

Plus, he's funny. If I didn't know that Edward would be back, I would want Jacob and Bella to get together.

I think what really turned me off of him is how he's portrayed in the very last part of the book and Eclipse. A big arrogant, pushy, wolf. I don't know if SM was intentionally trying to stray the readers to Edward, or what. But I don't like it.

I just bought a Twilight shirt! It says 'I'd rathar be in Forks' with some trees and stuff. Really cute.

That sounds like a sweet shirt :)

Anyways, I personally am starting to like Jacob now that I understand why he "loves" Bella and feels connected to her, because he finally finds someone of his own, and he really wasn't in love with Bella, there was a deeper connection to her than he knew.

As far as my favorite book goes, I have to say Eclipse then Twilight then Breaking Dawn, and then New Moon.

New Moon was just to sad and didn't focus on the two characters we feel in love with enough.

That sounds like a sweet shirt :)

Anyways, I personally am starting to like Jacob now that I understand why he "loves" Bella and feels connected to her, because he finally finds someone of his own, and he really wasn't in love with Bella, there was a deeper connection to her than he knew.

As far as my favorite book goes, I have to say Eclipse then Twilight then Breaking Dawn, and then New Moon.

New Moon was just to sad and didn't focus on the two characters we feel in love with enough.
Ya know, that's why I used to not like New Moon. But I'm really liking the 'friendship' between Bella and Jake, even though it's really a bit more than that.

What gets me is what happens in the last part of the book. I feel so bad for Jacob. He is literally standing in her house begging her not to go after Edward. Begging! I had tears streaming down my face.

On one hand I was like 'run, Bella run! Save Edward!' but I really didn't want her to just...leave Jake like that.

One more thing, is anyone irritated by how Alice acts when she shows up at Bella's house? She seems kind of...cold and distant. Definitely not Alice-like at all.

ive read twilight 4 times...new moon 4 times.... eclipes 7 times.... and breaking dawn 8times... im reading the draft of morniing sun rite now.... i love them i am wearing my twilight shirt rite now it says"its a twilight thing you wouldnt understand" and i have a jacket that says " And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" and i have a poster of edward and a pin that says "and so the vampire rode in on a silver volvo and saved me" im obsessed when im in the car all i do is look for cullen cars!!!

my friend had my twilight book for 3 months and i finally said i need the book back and she hadnt even started it...it was in her closet

This is one of the many reasons why I don't lend out my books anymore. The last couple books I let my friend borrow I never got back.

ive read twilight 4 times...new moon 4 times.... eclipes 7 times.... and breaking dawn 8times... im reading the draft of morniing sun rite now.... i love them i am wearing my twilight shirt rite now it says"its a twilight thing you wouldnt understand" and i have a jacket that says " And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" and i have a poster of edward and a pin that says "and so the vampire rode in on a silver volvo and saved me" im obsessed when im in the car all i do is look for cullen cars!!!

I know it is terrible, how bad I have Twilight fever :rotfl:
I haven't read the books as much as you, I am reading them for the second time and now I am on Eclipse. I am so excited that they are making all of them into movies.

Last week ET confirmed she auditioned for the role of Heidi in 'New Moon.' Now, "90210" star AnnaLynne McCord reveals just how close she is to joining the 'Twilight' sequel.

McCord, who plays Naomi Clark on "90210," tells MTV she's in negotiations with 'New Moon' director Chris Weitz and his team. "It's definitely something I would love to do; as most people know, I am obsessed with vampires. I'm a true-blood 'Twilight' fan all the way."

McCord says her busy slate of "90210" shoots presents "some scheduling conflicts, and we're trying to work that out now."

The actress says that if she does join 'New Moon,' she would play Heidi, who in Stephenie Meyers' books is a siren of sorts, who uses her beauty to lure unwitting humans into the clutches of the wicked -- and hungry -- Volturi.

"I love Heidi. She's obviously very sexy. She's the fisherman; she's the bait," McCord says. "It's a fun character to play. But she's also a thousand-year-old vampire, so that's kind of badass."

Source: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=352645&gt1=28130

What do you guys think?

Personally...I don't really know. I've never seen this person in my entire life! So.. I don't know how well/good she is. Maybe some of you know? and could tell me? lol.. I'm sorta clueless about this person..

Source: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=352645&gt1=28130

What do you guys think?

Personally...I don't really know. I've never seen this person in my entire life! So.. I don't know how well/good she is. Maybe some of you know? and could tell me? lol.. I'm sorta clueless about this person..
I hope they're not going to try and make Heidi a bigger character than she actually is. She has a few lines in the book, scares the crap out of Bella and that's about it.

I think she is gorgeous! But I agree I totally don't want her to be made a big deal either... Nothing needs to take away from Edward and Bella then Jacob already did in New Moon....

What did Jacob take away? Edward left Bella & Jacob was the only person who made her feel normal again. How is Jacob the bad guy in New Moon?

I'm going to see Twilight this weekend, again! I'm so excited.

I cannot wait til New Moon comes out. I'm going to love to see who the Volturi actors are & the town square scene with Bella and Edward. Ya know, Bella was frantically searching for Edward before time ran out. Like I could feel the urgency.

Ugh, I think Rob could've played one of the wolves if he's gonna keep this look. :rolleyes:

ew0209cover.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter