New Twilight Thread: Forks or La Push? Hmmmmmm....

I still don't really like Jacob but I am more opposed to change. I have a real
problem with that. They made a casting mistake but I don't want them to fix it at this point. Taylo already has a huge fan base and it wouldn't be fair to him to have to loose his job.

Well, I was on Yahoo!, and I saw this article:

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Stephen King's opinion may drive a stake through the heart of "Twilight" author, Stephenie Meyer.

In an interview with USA Weekend, the bestselling author compared Meyer with J.K. Rowling , the author of the Harry Potter series.

According to Stephen, "Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

Meeooww!

While Stephen may not be a fan of Stephenie's writing, he understands the appeal of the series.

"People are attracted by the stories, by the pace and in the case of Stephenie Meyer, it's very clear that she's writing to a whole generation of girls and opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books. It's exciting and it's thrilling and it's not particularly threatening because it's not overtly sexual."

He further explains, "A lot of the physical side of it is conveyed in things like the vampire will touch her forearm or run a hand over skin, and she just flushes all hot and cold. And for girls, that's a shorthand for all the feelings that they're not ready to deal with yet."

What do you think about this?

Link to artical: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/stephen-k...henie-meyer-can-t-write-worth-a-darn/18406?nc

Well he's freaking Stephen King. Of course he looks down on new writers.

Have you guys read that partial draft of Midnight Sun posted on Stephenie's website? I have, even though she said she didn't really want us too. Hell, if she's going to cancel the book altogether I thought I could at least get a little peek of what the book would've been like.

It's pretty darn good, let me tell you. It actually surprises me in a lot of things like how Edward was in love with Bella before Bella could even figure out her feelings. I always figured Bella was the first to fall.

I like it a lot, I think I'm on Chapter 8. It's a little fan-fictiony if you know what I mean, but I can get past it.

It's really gotten me back into the Twilight mood and I think I'm going to read New Moon after I finish with this draft.

He seems a bit jealous of the Twilight series. ;) I mean.. it is quite a huge hit.

And I'll read that after I'm done with reading the rest of the Twilight series.

You already know my opinions, so skip this if it's going to make you upset:

My (Twihard) friend called me about that article to put a smile on my face xD
I haven't read any Stephen King, mostly because I'm a paranoid thing who will be terrified forever (and I'm not exaggerating, lol). But I've already stated my feelings about Stephanie Meyer's writing. Not so much her story, but the writing is a huge factor in whether I like a book or not. It's like trying to do a speech, but using poor language to do so, your message isn't going to go far.
Of course, Stephen King has his writing flaws as well, that's true to be said.

I do like the /story/ of Twilight, despite the Mary/Gary Sue-ness, because it is relatively original.
I just can't get through the books because of the writing, and I'm being honest here, I have tried a couple of times to read Eclipse and every time I only get a few chapters in before becoming frustrated with it.

Do I think he needed to be so vocal? No, but I appreciate that he wasn't afraid to speak his opinion.

"You may now go back to your originally programmed discussion about how Twilight is great"

my friend and i wrote this... its love story by taylor swift but twilight remixed.... what do you think???

You were 81 when I first saw you.
I close my eyes and the flashback starts
Im sitting there in biology on a wooden chair

See the grass see the flowers in the woods
See your face and there you stood
and were alone

Little did I know
That you were edward; you were throwing branches,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from bella."
And I was crying in my bedroom,
begging you, 'Please, don't go.'

And I said,
"edward, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll get on your back; all there's left to do is run.
You'll be the vampire and I'll be the vampires
It's a love story - baby just say 'Yes.'

So I sneak out to the meadow to see you.
I keep still cause im dead if I move
So close your eyes; escape this town for a little while.
'Cause you were edward, Im your favorite food group,
And my daddy said "Stay away from bella,"
But you were everything to me; I was begging you, 'Please, don't go,'

And I said,
"edward, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll get on you back; all there's left to do is run.
You'll be the vampire and I'll be the vampires

edward save me; they're tryin' to tell me how to live.
This love is difficult, but it's fairytale.
Don't be afraid; we'll make it out of this mess.

Oh.

Im so sad and waiting,
hoping your still coming around.
you velvet voice is faiding
When in the ocean I almost drowned

And I said,
"edward save me - I've been feeling so alone.
I keep waiting for you but you never come.
Is this in my head? I can hardly think-"

He sat on the golden bed and pulled out his mothers ring
"Marry me, bella. you'll never have to be alone.
I love you and that's all I really know
Forget about your dad, alice picked out a white dress;

Oh, oh. Cause you were 81 when I first saw you

That was a cute remix:)

I just have a question, who do you guys think would make a good Aro? Not to add to the whole Harry Potter Vs. Twilight, I think the man who plays Dumbledore would make a phenomenal Aro.

That was a cute remix:)

I just have a question, who do you guys think would make a good Aro? Not to add to the whole Harry Potter Vs. Twilight, I think the man who plays Dumbledore would make a phenomenal Aro.
Well, his hair is supposed to be jet black right? I never pictured him as old as Dumbledore, more around his mid-40's or so. But that's just me.

He'd definitely need to be sinister looking. I wonder how they're going to get his skin to look so thin and stuff.

I would live in...Forks. As you can tell by my name, I am a vampire! I love vampires and want to be one so badly! Forks all the way! I love Edward and the Cullens! Hales too! Renesmee is so sweet!

I would live in...Forks. As you can tell by my name, I am a vampire! I love vampires and want to be one so badly! Forks all the way! I love Edward and the Cullens! Hales too! Renesmee is so sweet!
Why in the hell would you want to be a vampire? You want to drink people's blood?

That's gross.

I don't even know why I'm saying this. Vampire's don't exist.

Have you guys heard 'Twilight Serenade' by Jason Myles Goss? I'm not 100% sure what the song is really about, but it has the name Alice in it!

Just thought I'd mention it. You should go look it up youtube or something.

defo Forks!!! I would love to be in the cullen family!! Emmett sounds such a cool big brother and alice as ure sister is would be great!!

I dont really like jacob he really annoys me!! like why would he ever think that he could ever get with bella!!

Did anyone like the film of twilight!! as i thought it was soo good and so does some of my friends here and back home but i av heard that people didnt really like it??

I'm reading New Moon again right now, I think SM should've decided to write this one in Edward's POV instead of Twilight. I would love to know exactly what was going through Edward's mind when he decided to leave Bella, and of course, what he was up to in Italy and such. It would've been much more fascinating, IMO.

I'm reading New Moon again right now, I think SM should've decided to write this one in Edward's POV instead of Twilight. I would love to know exactly what was going through Edward's mind when he decided to leave Bella, and of course, what he was up to in Italy and such. It would've been much more fascinating, IMO.

I also wish she would've wrote the book in Edwards POV. I started to find the book got boring. Jessica :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I also wish she would've wrote the book in Edwards POV. I started to find the book got boring. Jessica :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oh gosh, the first part I awful. All Bella's whining about her birthday + the birthday incident + Edward being distant + Edward leaving and pretending that he didn't love her + Bella's hazy numbness + Annoying Jessica and pushy Mike = Me pulling my hair out.

But the second half is better because she found Jacob. And I do love Jacob, he'd be an amazing friend or even boyfriend.

Oh gosh, the first part I awful. All Bella's whining about her birthday + the birthday incident + Edward being distant + Edward leaving and pretending that he didn't love her + Bella's hazy numbness + Annoying Jessica and pushy Mike = Me pulling my hair out.

But the second half is better because she found Jacob. And I do love Jacob, he'd be an amazing friend or even boyfriend.

What book do you like best? I like Twilight. :) :)

What book do you like best? I like Twilight. :) :)
Hmm. I don't know. I probably used to have said Twilight, but I got tired of the whole 'James' storyline after reading so much about the movie.

- I love New Moon because of Jacob. I hate it because of Edward leaving.
- I love Eclipse because of Edward. I hate it because of Jacob. He was so arrogant and cocky in this book.
- I love Breaking Dawn because Bella finally gets to be a vampire. I hate it because of everything else. Breaking Dawn was a weird book that doesn't really 'fit' with the rest of the series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter