New TS restaurant in TSL!

Disneyland exclusive? WDW had a “pizza planet” first. Disneyland has now loosely rethemed a quick service there to a pizza planet type. They really could/should go all out with a pizza planet restaurant.
They are currently rehabing it and it is currently only at Disneyland, so yes let it stay just there.

Any opening date mentioned? I don’t suppose they have already been working on it and we might see it this year?

I am excited for this. Glad to see some of the cuts to TSL land come in an expansion. Totally a surprise. Now if they would just add some more shade to the land.

I would have expected the next big announcement for DHS would be much farther in the future and involve doing something a bit more productive with the Launch Bay area.

Considering it’s not a true pizza planet I would disagree.
We don't know what it is going to be after the massive refurbishment currently under way, in fact I would be surprised if it doesn't go all out on the themeing.

Per insiders MansionButler84 and Magic Feather over at WDWMagic.com - this is the original scope of TSL and original design for the TS restaurant, they just brushed it off from the original 2016 plan

This is exciting! I would love to see a character meal or greet here. I would also love to see a truly immersive pizza planet. So happy to see DHS become a complete park for the entire family.

Last edited:
We don't know what it is going to be after the massive refurbishment currently under way, in fact I would be surprised if it doesn't go all out on the themeing.
They aren’t.

The restaurant is only closing from May 13-23 to return the inside. That’s not nearly indicative of a “all out” theming.

And now added back at a higher cost and years of lost revenue.
THIS!

This is going to be Pandora and SWGE eventually. Parks are their steadiest income stream, they should know they will make the money back. Why they keep scrimping is beyond me. It's short-termism at its best.

Great announcement! Very much needed!

I wonder if this could mean the addition of another much needed building next door. (I’m looking at you forgotten indoor shop)

Great announcement! Very much needed!

I wonder if this could mean the addition of another much needed building next door. (I’m looking at you forgotten indoor shop)
No shop. Do expect a pop up shop (carts) for Toy Story 4 merch.

THIS!

This is going to be Pandora and SWGE eventually. Parks are their steadiest income stream, they should know they will make the money back. Why they keep scrimping is beyond me. It's short-termism at its best.
It makes sense .. budgets have to be met and they cant do it all at once. I guess I would rather have new lands and then future expansions, rather than waiting an extra year or so for the whole thing.

Right .. creating new lands without a themed table service restaurant is a head scratcher .. yet they are creating a new space-themed TS restaurant (that no one was asking for) in a park that has nothing BUT restaurants.

I guess it is probably harder to make an immersive TS restaurant than a QS one.

Glad to hear the studios will be getting some new dining options. A table service meal in TSL?! How can it not be a character meal? My 3 year old loves those characters and I would gladly pay to meet them at a meal in the AC not the baking heat.

The DPB post makes it sound like it will not be a character meal. I wouldn’t expect it to be. The post notes see your favorite characters in the cut outs and theming of the restaurant not meetable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter