• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New to cruising. Is $5000 for a family of 5 for a 7 night cruise . . .

We liked NCL (Epic) a lot for our W. Med. in 2013. Good entertainment, really fun pool bowl slide, bowling alley, fun pub with free food like moz sticks, good MDR food (better than MDR food on RCCL IMHO)--was going to pay for a speciality restuarant and never needed to. Only complaints were smoking on balconies (gone now), bathroom (design only on Epic), more enclosed pool deck and more crowded feeling on sea days. The ships feel more like a floating hotel than others, with less views of the sea, but otherwise, NCL was great. There inside rooms can be a good deal sometimes.

Thanks everyone. Yes, that would be for two cabins. I don't know if we are ready to jump on this for this October. Shame as I'd really love to check out the Harmony before it leaves Europe. Kids would be 16, 14 and 12.

The value is all dependent on the recipient. 10 people will have 11 different opinions.
The $5000 amount is up to. If it sounds like a good deal then it is. Just for reference I just booked a 7 night on Liberty of seas, February 2018 for 5 of us at $4000, this is a Panoramic Oceanview on the 12th deck 1804, there a just a few of these cabins on the ship so if you planning for later it may be worth a try to price those rooms out. I understand the desire to try the Harmony, I wanted to do the Harmony also but the cost was prohibitive to me.

Wow, thanks! Lots of insight. We may just have to put this off till next year - either June or October. I'm looking into this so last minute and I can tell DH is nervous about the full amount being due so quickly. We'd have to pay it all pretty much right away.

I agree, it is a lot. We wanted to make it a great trip knowing we wouldn't do it again with all 3 kids probably. Next big trip will be Hawaii DVC in a few years. We planned June 2017 and taking the 15 mos to pay it off. I love your choices as they are really exotic. My kids want tropical so we are going Eastern Carib AND we aren't telling them. LOL I cannot wait to see what you decide and how it all turns out! I agree with the other comments from everything I've read on the Freedom class ships.

I cruises NCL once (EPIC, so giant ship) it was a lot of fun. When planning this we thought of it and there looks to be a lot of great options there too. don't overwhelm yourself with options. narrow down what you want and see what fits into it. Good luck!!! When looking at NCL - I like the Getaway for my family - however when DH cruised he missed fresh air - that's why we picked the Allure - the open air Central Park and Boardwalk is why we chose it. THAT is what mattered to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter