• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do NOT do SWGE at rope drop, or any time before 12pm
Everyone heads to SWGE and artificially inflate wait times when there is no need
Go to Fantasyland or any other land in the morning before 12pm, you will have low wait times and get so much done
After 3pm Smugglers Run gets down to around 40 minutes
HOWEVER if you may be quicker with Single Rider, I did the ride multiple times in a row as a single rider, when the post wait time was 55 minutes and 60 minutes

The same with the Cantina
My first reservation was for 3pm, the checkin line was all the way back to the water kiosk and the CM's were very strict about only checking in at your exact reservation time. I then had to wait 20 minutes after checkin and after my reservation time to actually be brought into the Cantina.

My second reservation was for 6pm. Alot less people in the check in line, about half the amount compared to my first reservation. My time was 6.pm but the CM checked me in about 5.50pm and at 6pm I was brought into the Cantina.

Both times I was a solo and put into a group of other adults.

The first reservation my group was brought to a standing table. I tried to make conversation with the others in the group but they were not that friendly. Also I didnt have a chance to interact with the server as he was managing multiple tables and it was busy and the other people were just interested in talking to themselves.

The second time my group was brought to the bar. I had a great interaction with the bar tender, was asked for "credentials" that alone made my day, I love getting carded in bars! I got into conversation with an adult mother and daughter also standing at the bar, and we had a great chat about the land. I explained to them about the language and the world of Batuu in general.

We have one of each type of droid, and my kids love them and play with them daily. The BB unit is harder to drive, but my 6yo's gotten the hang of it. The head does pop off frequently if you're not as skilled and running into things (like me). You can adjust the three legs on the R unit (to stick it back in the box so it sits flat) and it takes me a bit of fiddling to figure out the way they're supposed to be, but I'm mechanically challenged. I have to say, of all the Disney souvenirs we've bought over multiple trips, the droids and the animals we "adopted" in GE top the list of things they still play with once we've gotten home.

Last edited:
Do NOT do SWGE at rope drop, or any time before 12pm
Everyone heads to SWGE and artificially inflate wait times when there is no need
Go to Fantasyland or any other land in the morning before 12pm, you will have low wait times and get so much done
After 3pm Smugglers Run gets down to around 40 minutes
HOWEVER if you may be quicker with Single Rider, I did the ride multiple times in a row as a single rider, when the post wait time was 55 minutes and 60 minutes

The same with the Cantina
My first reservation was for 3pm, the checkin line was all the way back to the water kiosk and the CM's were very strict about only checking in at your exact reservation time. I then had to wait 20 minutes after checkin and after my reservation time to actually be brought into the Cantina.

My second reservation was for 6pm. Alot less people in the check in line, about half the amount compared to my first reservation. My time was 6.pm but the CM checked me in about 5.50pm and at 6pm I was brought into the Cantina.

Both times I was a solo and put into a group of other adults.

The first reservation my group was brought to a standing table. I tried to make conversation with the others in the group but they were not that friendly. Also I didnt have a chance to interact with the server as he was managing multiple tables and it was busy and the other people were just interested in talking to themselves.

The second time my group was brought to the bar. I had a great interaction with the bar tender, was asked for "credentials" that alone made my day, I love getting carded in bars! I got into conversation with an adult mother and daughter also standing at the bar, and we had a great chat about the land. I explained to them about the language and the world of Batuu in general.
So in your opinion, would the following be a good strategy? I'm trying to balance the things we want to do in SWGE with my son's nap and bedtime, lol.

1. At 7:00 am, log into the reservation system and get a reservation for Savi's around 10:00ish, and a reservation for Oga's at either 3:30 or 5:00 (or as near as we can get)

2. Tomorrowland at 8:00, aiming to do Star Tours and meeting Darth Vader. Meeting Chewie would be a bonus if we have time.

3. Go to SWGE before Savi's reservation. DH builds a lightsaber while I take The Boy to build a Droid. After building, explore the shops for an hour/hour-and-a-half until lunchtime. Eat lunch.

4. Naptime. Approximately 12:30-2:30. DH can stay behind for shopping or riding MFSR single rider if he wants to.

5. After naptime, return to SWGE and do Oga's then MFSR if we have a 3:30 Oga's reservation, or MFSR and then Oga's if we have a 5:00 Oga's reservation.

6. Exit SWGE and eat dinner at Hungry Bear (there is no way I'm going to get my kid to eat inside Star Wars twice; as it is, I think he's eating popcorn for lunch). Return to SWGE if desired for more touring/shopping after dinner.

7. Leave park at 7:30 to get ready for bed.

Are you only allowed to make one cantina reservation a day? Say I want go tomorrow at 12pm, can I make another for 5 pm?

Snagged a cantina reservation again for this evening. Just me. Form my own opinions other then my hubby’s. Hoping me feet hold out. On a poop break! We’ve done a lot so far and have 2 more full days. DCA was packed today.

So first off this was suppose to say POOL break. Lmao.

Second. I really liked the cantina, but DJ Rex didn’t move the entire time. The bartender said “he moves on his time” I think he was broken.

But I really likes Star Wars land. I was impressed.

So first off this was suppose to say POOL break. Lmao.

Second. I really liked the cantina, but DJ Rex didn’t move the entire time. The bartender said “he moves on his time” I think he was broken.

But I really likes Star Wars land. I was impressed.
First, you have little ones -- I thought a poop break made total sense. lol -- BTDT, especially at DLR!
Second, sorry about R3X being dormant, but now you have an excuse to go back, right?
Third, I'm really glad you liked GE. :)

Here are some pictures. I bailed on single rider for smugglers run after it hadn’t moved in about 20 minutes ... toward where we entered. Probably the time of day- more single riders. My feet can’t do it lol! I’m okay with waiting until another trip and maybe some fastpasses.

Sorry if they are sideways idk why? They aren’t on my phone like that.

Overall the land is beautiful (is that the right word?)

The cantina has a very specific vibe. I liked it, but my husband didn’t. I wanted to see DJ Rex and was bummed that for my entire time he wasn’t working.

I would have liked to catch the ride, but I’m not one to wait longer wait times and I can wait until another trip... I think the secrets out on single rider.

Also plan to wait 15-30 minutes past your reservation period at the cantina. You check in at your time to then be placed in a line to get it. Your given a card that you hand off when it’s your turn. Your then lead to your spot at the bar or table or if your lucky a booth. I had standing bar. Service was quick inside. I ordered the drink that came in the porg cup and after I was done they took it and handed me a new one in a box. Nice touch.

I tried the ronto wrap. It was good!

Attachments

• 218D86F2-9177-440D-8CA0-2BE040CB4D81.jpeg
    218D86F2-9177-440D-8CA0-2BE040CB4D81.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 29
  • E6010C5A-ED39-48D3-96D6-85917AC20C58.jpeg
    E6010C5A-ED39-48D3-96D6-85917AC20C58.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 29
  • B8BAE457-5134-4B11-BE6F-E9E58EEAE647.jpeg
    B8BAE457-5134-4B11-BE6F-E9E58EEAE647.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 34EF5451-4605-4C30-B010-58C574B6B8A7.jpeg
    34EF5451-4605-4C30-B010-58C574B6B8A7.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 29
Here are some pictures. I bailed on single rider for smugglers run after it hadn’t moved in about 20 minutes ... toward where we entered. Probably the time of day- more single riders. My feet can’t do it lol! I’m okay with waiting until another trip and maybe some fastpasses.

Sorry if they are sideways idk why? They aren’t on my phone like that.

Overall the land is beautiful (is that the right word?)

The cantina has a very specific vibe. I liked it, but my husband didn’t. I wanted to see DJ Rex and was bummed that for my entire time he wasn’t working.

I would have liked to catch the ride, but I’m not one to wait longer wait times and I can wait until another trip... I think the secrets out on single rider.

Also plan to wait 15-30 minutes past your reservation period at the cantina. You check in at your time to then be placed in a line to get it. Your given a card that you hand off when it’s your turn. Your then lead to your spot at the bar or table or if your lucky a booth. I had standing bar. Service was quick inside. I ordered the drink that came in the porg cup and after I was done they took it and handed me a new one in a box. Nice touch.

I tried the ronto wrap. It was good!
I won’t wait in the single rider line if it’s backed up in the hallway. My limit is the bottom of the stairs.

If we get to the park an hour early, do you think it's possible to be at the front of the pack for SWGE? Cause we don't mind showing up early. Though I guess that's basically the same amount of wait time as later in the day if we hold off on seeing SWGE till the afternoon. Decisions, decisions.

If we get to the park an hour early, do you think it's possible to be at the front of the pack for SWGE? Cause we don't mind showing up early. Though I guess that's basically the same amount of wait time as later in the day if we hold off on seeing SWGE till the afternoon. Decisions, decisions.

It is a toss up, but I think I am leaning towards doing other rides for rope drop and then heading to SWGE later on in the day. My daughter wants to do Oga's as well so maybe I will do a reservation for later in the day. So many choices

Snagged a cantina reservation again for this evening. Just me. We’ve done a lot so far and have 2 more full days. DCA was packed today.

It was indeed! We noticed a big difference yesterday from Tuesday. We've been here the past two days, and the parks definitely seemed busier yesterday, but there are still strangely low wait times on some Disneyland rides. California Adventure seemed to have long waits all day. It didn't help that three of the big DCA rides were down multiple times yesterday (Incredicoaster, Gardians and Grizzly).

It's weird because as people have mentioned, Disneyland feels very busy but some of the wait times are pretty short (we literally walked on to Snow White in the middle of the day on Tuesday). Smuggler's Run was down on Tuesday night, which was a bummer. We waited about 45 minutes at 8:30 ish and gave up. Every time I checked the wait time for Smuggler's Run yesterday it was over 60 minutes. I haven't seen that before, so I think it definitely is picking up. Even at 10:30 pm before checking into Oga's last night it was 50 minutes.

We had an Oga's reservation on Tuesday at 7:30 pm and again last night at 10:50 pm. Both nights the CMs were very strict about check in times. You couldn't check in until it was your time (even a few minutes before they sent us away). The problem is that they don't recognize a line so those of us patiently waiting in a pseudo line over to the side were screwed when a huge group walked up a few seconds before out time, and they checked them in. It was frustrating, but ultimately it didn't make much of a difference. The line looked very long both nights but it moved very quickly. We didn't wait longer than 20 minutes either night. We closed it down last night, which was really fun. Still only two drinks though :)

We leave this evening, so we'll see how the crowds hold up on the holiday.

Here now. DCA was very quiet this morning. Disneyland also looks like it will be busy but wait times aren’t bad for almost 2 hours after opening.

Sitting in galaxy edge. Bought the popcorn. It is sooo gross, omg! 🤢 Not sure how I’m going to finish this..
UPDATE: I could not finish the popcorn. Just too gross. Also whatever flavoring is in it set off a migraine...thankfully I brought my medicine with me, so I was ok. I gave it to a couple instead of tossing it lol. No more of that for me!

Last edited:
How’s the quality of the droids? There was a post somewhere about them not working well. They sound fun, especially the personality chips. How exactly do they interact in land?

I had to return my R unit because one of the wheels stop spinning right after I took it out of the box, so instead of going forward or backwards it only kept turning.

So carrying my droid around in this bag is a little nerve wracking lol. I feel like it’s getting tossled. Nothing is broken though. I’ll be happy when they restock the backpacks. I think I’ll get a locker after eating.

Glad to hear they have restocked the droid backpacks! I'll be interested to see what the stock of everything is like come August . . .

They let me check in for the Cantina 15 minutes early. I think it depends on the CM. After I was checked in a different CM told another group to come back 10 minutes before. The line is long so I’m sure by the time I get up there it will be 12:15.

Mini review of the day: wandered around galaxy edge more today. Took some pics with my droid. I noticed while I was in Docking bay 7, and the automatic door would open, it would make noise. It moves the most around droid depot, and the marketplace. I was going to buy some accessories for my droid, but I might be back Saturday and will be buying other stuff so I will wait. I saw Rey, Kylo REN, Storm Troopers, and Chewbacca. I did single rider for Smuggler’s run and only waited 13 minutes while the standby was 90 minutes. Cantina was fun! Had a better experience than when I went the first time. Wasn’t as crammed. Tried the popcorn. Didn’t like it at all. Mentioned this further up, but whatever is in there gave me a migraine...took my medicine and then I was fine. But then I was a little groggy and tired so now I am home lol. Fun day!

Have some pictures below. Still don’t get why they come out sideways 😒 maybe it’s because I’m on my phone. 665B70B2-E445-48DD-BA3E-50D800461022.jpeg1C8651A4-D998-4F78-8875-344F9FC7D380.jpeg91C197FA-7721-4C3D-86BA-6522164A95A4.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter