New Strategy for Deciding Which Park on Which Days?

Does anyone know if you can re-enter the same park you've reserved? We usually go in at rope drop/EMH then leave after lunch, and go to another park later on. However as we can't park hop, so that's out for February, but maybe we could return to the same park??

Does anyone know if you can re-enter the same park you've reserved? We usually go in at rope drop/EMH then leave after lunch, and go to another park later on. However as we can't park hop, so that's out for February, but maybe we could return to the same park??
We don't know yet, but I *assume* so-- imagine parents with little kids that wouldn't be able to return to the room. I also don't think that they're letting in new people on the reservation for any given day once they're at the limit; once you have your reservation for the park you are in that number. They're not going to let anyone in once you leave to take your spot.

Just completed getting park reservations for the week going into Christmas, but our arrival time is 11:00 for three of the days, 10:00 for the fourth day, and 9:00 only for Animal Kingdom. This is definitely going to be a different kind of trip!

Just completed getting park reservations for the week going into Christmas, but our arrival time is 11:00 for three of the days, 10:00 for the fourth day, and 9:00 only for Animal Kingdom. This is definitely going to be a different kind of trip!

Those might be the park hours. I noticed in our July trip that Epcot wasn't opening until 11am, but then was staying open later than the other parks.

Is anyone else actually looking forward to this? Later rope drops without having to worry about crowds, no FP, no VQ at Rise (or anywhere), least crowded parks we will see maybe ever again. Closing before nightfall and no fireworks are really the only things I'm bummed about. Oh and no park hopping, but in a way it forces me to just pick 1 park and enjoy it for all it has. The reservation part is extremely stressful. But once we get to opening, I think I'm really going to enjoy this.

Those might be the park hours. I noticed in our July trip that Epcot wasn't opening until 11am, but then was staying open later than the other parks.

Yes, they do seem to match up with park hours.

But they are each now an hour earlier than what showed when I confirmed the reservation. Weird.

Is anyone else actually looking forward to this? Later rope drops without having to worry about crowds, no FP, no VQ at Rise (or anywhere), least crowded parks we will see maybe ever again. Closing before nightfall and no fireworks are really the only things I'm bummed about. Oh and no park hopping, but in a way it forces me to just pick 1 park and enjoy it for all it has. The reservation part is extremely stressful. But once we get to opening, I think I'm really going to enjoy this.

Actually, I am. Every trip, I say I want to try planning for a more relaxed trip this time but it never happens. We're up at the crack of dawn for rope drop and go-go-go. With the later park openings, no fast passes to rush to and, hopefully, lighter crowds, it will force me to take it easier.

It would be great, hopefully they will fix the awful website problems and I can get my reservations in.

I picked EPCOT on a Saturday. I would never have done that before. I did have a slight panic afterwards but hoping that with the set attendance numbers it will be fine. It was weird today making the park reservations. I normally consult multiple crowd calendars and the extra magic hours etc. I agree with others that I am going to try and enjoy the more relaxed planning .

I set our parks up with the hope that we can do a tour and MVMCP in December. I know they may not happen but I prefer EPCOT on Wednesday (11:00AM) after a possible MVMCP. Also we are doing AK on our last day. With the 6:00PM closing that gives us time to pack, relax and pack the car for our next day of travel.

Just did our reservations for 9 park days in October. I picked based on the "old" calendar and EMH schedule....just in case they reinstate any of that...I know...wishful thinking! LOL

So for you who made your reservations did you do them on your computer or phone under my Disney Experience? How long did it take?
I made mine on my computer. It took me maybe 15 minutes total to make reservations for all of our park days (17).

Last edited:
Probably took 5 minutes to do our 5 park days, once I was able to get to the reservations page.

Started trying to get to the reservations page at 7am EDT and finally made it at about 8:20am once I read on another DIS thread about using the "Make Dining Reservation" link to get in.

I made mine on my computer. It took me maybe 15 minutes total to make reservations for all of our park days (17).
Probably took 5 minutes to do our 5 park days, once I was able to get to the reservations page.

Started trying to get to the reservations page at 7am EDT and finally made it at about 8:20am once I read on another DIS thread about using the "Make Dining Reservation" link to get in.
Glad to hear this. I heard someone say it took 12 hours. Yikes. Maybe there glitches when they called

Glad to hear this. I heard someone say it took 12 hours. Yikes. Maybe there glitches when they called
The system was very glitchy yesterday. I logged on at 7 and was somehow never booted. I left the window open and decided to send some work emails around 8. At 8:20/8:30, I switched windows and there it was all set to make reservations. Once that happened, it was seamless.

A friend of mine also logged in at 7 and it took her 7 hours to make reservations because she could only make 3 and no more. She called and was on hold for about 5 hours.

I think it may be AP holders that are encountering glitches, having to call, and being on hold for hours to talk to someone one.

We are not AP, we simply have 5-day tickets so I didn't encounter any glitches once I was able to get to the reservations page.

I think it may be AP holders that are encountering glitches, having to call, and being on hold for hours to talk to someone one.

We are not AP, we simply have 5-day tickets so I didn't encounter any glitches once I was able to get to the reservations page.
It seemed to be some AP holders and it seemed to be random who had issues and who didn’t. My friend who had issues has gold APs and so do I (though mine are not yet activated) but she somehow had issues and I didn’t. Luck of the draw maybe?

We're only planning for two days in February at this point. We only have one full day there and two travel days.

For the full day, I grabbed DHS. We haven't done RotR or SDD, yet.

For the going home day, I chose Animal Kingdom because it opens the earliest and we will fly out as late as possible.

I don't think the old school crowd calendars are going to count for much.

I still haven't been able to link my resort booking and 14 day ticket to MDE. It says 48 hours after booking for their own website but it's been 5 days! I've tried ringing UK Disney number every day and just stay on hold for hours then it disconnects. I'm petrified the parks will be booked up before I get it linked. This is beyond stressful, and feel a little annoyed to be honest with their lack of customer service. They are happy to take my money of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter