New Strategy for Deciding Which Park on Which Days?

I share your paranoia. For the past few days I have been checking my email and MDE as soon as I wake up to make sure I don't miss the reservation window opening. My trip begins at the end of July so I am definitely already in the 60 day window
I check my email, disboard, and MDE as soon as I get up too😁. We go August 5th.

Need some advice here! Me and BF are coming 8/21-25, and I had everything planned to a T(park days, dining, etc), but obviously, all of that is out the window now LOL. So we arrive in Orlando at around 9am, and I had us going to DHS on that day after we dropped things off at our resort on property. This has always been a solid plan for me and it should still work except one thing.... boarding groups for ROTR. I know the system they had previously was you had to get to the park before rope drop if you wanted a boarding group- if this is still the case, I'll need to switch my days around. Does anyone know if the boarding groups will be the same as pre-covid, or at least any predictions on if it will be the same or not? I had our days like this, and would like some advice for if I DO need to switch the days:

Friday- arrive, DHS
Saturday- MK
Sunday- Leisure/disney springs day
Monday- Epcot
Tuesday- AK, leave

Any advice would be appreciated! It's funny to see all of us veterans seemingly become newbies with all these changes 🤣🤣

Am I the only that loves that all the planning of a Disney vacation is going away for the time being? I kind of hope DP+ disappears and they make it more like MaxPass. Pick your FP the day you arrive at the park.
As much as I love to plan I miss the days when you could be more spontaneous. I can't believe we even need to get our fast passes so far out now. I think it makes the trip a bit more stressful.

Need some advice here! Me and BF are coming 8/21-25, and I had everything planned to a T(park days, dining, etc), but obviously, all of that is out the window now LOL. So we arrive in Orlando at around 9am, and I had us going to DHS on that day after we dropped things off at our resort on property. This has always been a solid plan for me and it should still work except one thing.... boarding groups for ROTR. I know the system they had previously was you had to get to the park before rope drop if you wanted a boarding group- if this is still the case, I'll need to switch my days around. Does anyone know if the boarding groups will be the same as pre-covid, or at least any predictions on if it will be the same or not? I had our days like this, and would like some advice for if I DO need to switch the days:

Friday- arrive, DHS
Saturday- MK
Sunday- Leisure/disney springs day
Monday- Epcot
Tuesday- AK, leave

Any advice would be appreciated! It's funny to see all of us veterans seemingly become newbies with all these changes 🤣🤣
I would switch MK to Sunday supposed to be less crowded than Saturday. Then again if they have the COVID 19 rules only so many are allowed in the parks.

EXACTLY this! LOL! Planning for DW is now a clean slate-starting over and we don't know what the new plan is yet. It's nice to be hopeful and plan based upon "old" DW but it's entering a new phase and the only thing that is certain is change. That you can "plan" on - LOL!

Ugh I'm so confused. So we already have our resort reservations for the end of January but we don't have our tickets yet. So I guess we have to wait till the 24th now? We can't add the tickets now I guess and then do it on the 22nd?

The days of planning which days in which parks, which rides and where to eat are gone. The old way is dunzo.
For some it's a huge relief, for others a huge anxiety attack.
It all starts with what day you can get in to a park (IF you can get in to a park).

It's all going to be very freeform and spontaneous. Much of it depending on luck.

The days of planning which days in which parks, which rides and where to eat are gone. The old way is dunzo.
It all starts with what day you can get in to a park (IF you can get in to a park).

It's all going to be very freeform and spontaneous. Much of it depending on luck.
Right now for me it is an anxiety attack lol. Especially cause if I'm reading things correctly I will have to wait till the 24th. Who knows what will still be available then.

Definitely anxiety-inducing. I mean, based on the announcement, I’m looking at deciding theme park dates over a year in advance.

Is that even worth it?

I'm still reeling over the fact that we have to CALL and make dining reservations!! What? Are you kidding me?
Gotta get someone on the horn to do this now? That seems insane to me. So old fashioned and a huge time commitment on all parts. You'd think they could get their tech in line to let it be done online. Those poor people answering the phones. And poor us having to wait on hold. What is this, 1976???

Limbering up for early Monday morning.

We're doing parks Tues-Fri after Labor Day (with one of those days for Universal), and I was prepared for our 3-day Hoppers to be useless but now I'm worried that if I wanted to turn our arrival day (Labor Day) into a 4th park day for a water park I...can't. So it's looking like Tuesday & Wednesday DHS/MK (in whatever order), Thursday UO, Friday Epcot, and my water park dreams are dead.

So since our priority this trip is Galaxy's Edge , should I just shoot for more DHS days? So far Day 1 EPCOT Day 2 DHS, Day 3 MK, Day 4 DHS, Day 5 MK (poor Animal Kingdom since no park hopping lol) We are FL residents a few hours away and AP holders, but have yet to experience Galaxy's Edge.

We're doing parks Tues-Fri after Labor Day
Noticed you are from NY. COVID numbers are spiking in parts of Fl and things are starting to shut back down again. Have you given any thought to the 14 day quarantine on anyone coming from NY to Florida? (Extended June 5 indefinitely) September regulations are a huge unknown right now. Suggestion: visit a water park near your home, have lots of fun, save a ton of money and have a stress free vaca!
https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/

Last edited:
Noticed you are from NY. COVID numbers are spiking in parts of Fl and things are starting to shut back down again. Have you given any thought to the 14 day quarantine on anyone coming from NY to Florida? September regulations are a huge unknown right now. Suggestion: visit a water park near your home, have lots of fun, save a ton of money and have a stress free vaca!

Yes naturally - but we're not cancelling our vacation unless/until we absolutely have to, so it's too soon to tell. Appreciate the looking out though! Something else to consider: the ban NY's going to put on people travelling from FL 😂
In all seriousness, we've already had it and have the antibodies - we know that doesn't guarantee we won't get it again, and we know it doesn't mean we can't still be asymptomatic spreaders so we wear our masks anywhere outside our apartment, but we are also a lot less nervous about traveling because we are young and healthy. Really holding out hope we can go on our trip!

Yes naturally - but we're not cancelling our vacation unless/until we absolutely have to, so it's too soon to tell. Appreciate the looking out though! Something else to consider: the ban NY's going to put on people travelling from FL 😂
In all seriousness, we've already had it and have the antibodies - we know that doesn't guarantee we won't get it again, and we know it doesn't mean we can't still be asymptomatic spreaders so we wear our masks anywhere outside our apartment, but we are also a lot less nervous about traveling because we are young and healthy. Really holding out hope we can go on our trip!
Totally get it! Hopefully all goes well and you have an enjoyable trip filled with Disney Magic and Pixie Dust!

I didn't think that I'd need to reserve parks for my February 2021 trip so soon! :scared: I have no idea how to choose parks, when I don't know if the MK Disney After Hours will be happening by then, or if any of the Extra Magic Hours will be happening either. Also, while I'm assuming the capacity limits will be in place most of the fall, I have no idea about winter. Will President's Day be a "10" like past years? It's like flying blind.

Ugh I'm so confused. So we already have our resort reservations for the end of January but we don't have our tickets yet. So I guess we have to wait till the 24th now? We can't add the tickets now I guess and then do it on the 22nd?
You HAVE to have tickets, regardless of not you have a resort reservation don't you? As tickets are apparently going back on sale later in the year after summer, I'd assume you'd have to wait until you can then buy them to book your park reservation days.

You HAVE to have tickets, regardless of not you have a resort reservation don't you? As tickets are apparently going back on sale later in the year after summer, I'd assume you'd have to wait until you can then buy them to book your park reservation days.
I am in the same boat as @Disney loving Iowan, except my reservation is for October. I don't have park passes so it looks like I can't make a park reservation. That's a PITB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter