New Security Measures for MK Guests; UPDATES: Page 12 - Post 222; Live Reports - Pgs. 18-20

hiroMYhero

I'm satisfied with my care...
So if you get screened at say, the GF, then immediately get on the monorail, does that mean you can bypass security and go straight to the tapstiles at MK?

How will this work for Epcot? That'll be really inconvenient if you have to go through at a monorail resort then again at the Epcot gate. Just stinks in general if you're only using the monorail between resorts, but I guess it makes it more secure.

How will this work for Epcot? That'll be really inconvenient if you have to go through at a monorail resort then again at the Epcot gate. Just stinks in general if you're only using the monorail between resorts, but I guess it makes it more secure.
Epcot is staying as is. This change is only for MK.

I like the idea of this (will hold final opinion until we experience it in June) but it seems like it would help spread out the normal line at MK by screening some of the people prior at TTC or at their resort if on the monorail! Will be curious to hear others' experiences next week.

Yes, and it appears to also apply to the resorts' boat transportation.

I thought I read somewhere that if we chose to take the boat we would still be checked at MK, where the guests arriving on buses would go.

This could really create some bottlenecks at the Polynesian...especially with all the people going to/from Ohana. We shall see....

If they continue with this, I wonder if there would be a need for the express bus? Bypassing security lines is a big draw. Would they security check folks going from park to park?

Good start.
Best would be if everyone boarding a bus or monorail get checked there, at their resorts. Then people parking at the parks would be the only going through security at the park

If they continue with this, I wonder if there would be a need for the express bus? Bypassing security lines is a big draw. Would they security check folks going from park to park?
They still check you once when using the express transportation.

if you are taking the monorail from TTC to epcot, are you screened at TTC or epcot? it would be nice if they did all the MK/Epcot monorail screening at TTC so guests arriving at the monorail can go straight to the gate.

i wonder too if now that you are screened before getting on the MK express or resort monorails, will they no longer require us to walk way down that second ramp at MK entrance? Not the ramp from the monorail station.... but the second half of the ramp that goes down by the boat docks to funnel everyone to the screening area, instead of turning left and going right to the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter